The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

We’ll be a family of 10 traveling in October. 4 Children ages 5 , 3, 3 and almost 2. Obviously different heights so some rides for some and some not. Question is, can I book two different G+ or ILL$ rides for the different heights at the same time?
Example: I book G+ for SDMT at 7:00 for 5 people and Space Mountain for 5 people. Is this possible? And if so is it possible to do it also at the two hour window?

We’ll be a family of 10 traveling in October. 4 Children ages 5 , 3, 3 and almost 2. Obviously different heights so some rides for some and some not. Question is, can I book two different G+ or ILL$ rides for the different heights at the same time?
Example: I book G+ for SDMT at 7:00 for 5 people and Space Mountain for 5 people. Is this possible? And if so is it possible to do it also at the two hour window?
Yes, you can book half and half for the different rides. When booking the first ride, just deselect the members of the group that won't be doing the ride.

At the 2 hour window, the timing is pretty precise, so if you're on at exactly 2 hours later, be sure to remember the friends selected for the first ride selection the previous time you selected and choose them first again.

Yes, you can book half and half for the different rides. When booking the first ride, just deselect the members of the group that won't be doing the ride.

At the 2 hour window, the timing is pretty precise, so if you're on at exactly 2 hours later, be sure to remember the friends selected for the first ride selection the previous time you selected and choose them first again.
Thank you!!

I'm wondering how my strategy will work. I'm visiting on a predicted lower crowd day so assuming morning wait times will be sensible.

I'm doing an AK/HS day, and my daughter really wants to ride SDD more than any other ride in any park (so do I for that matter, lol). The rest I'm not as concerned about.

I'm thinking book SDD at 7am with a later return time, and in the morning at AK knock out KS and NRJ (ILL for FOP) first. Then at 10:30am (HS has an opening time of 8:30am that day) if we haven't been able to do KRR/dinosaur because the wait times are longer I can use genie+ for what we have left at AK. If not, I can start stacking more for HS (we don't plan to do EE, I think it will be too scary for my kids but who knows when we get there, that may change too).

Is there any reason that wouldn't work?

The return times at HS advance so quickly that I personally would not wait until the afternoon begin stacking your HS attractions. I'd follow your plan but only do standby at AK, and $ILL for FoP. YMMV.

The return times at HS advance so quickly that I personally would not wait until the afternoon begin stacking your HS attractions. I'd follow your plan but only do standby at AK, and $ILL for FoP. YMMV.

I agree unless OP is planning to skip Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster (thinking that might be the case if skipping Everest as too scary).

If not doing Tot or RnRC, then it should be fairly easy to get a Falcon LL at 11:30 or so, a Railway LL at 1:30, and a TSM LL at 3:30.

The only way is use a LL at AK is if it was immediate return so I could do it quickly and continue my HS stacking.

Keep in mind that after August 7th Disney is going back to 2 paid $LL per park unless they decide to extend the current G+ selections.

Because I can afford 2 ILL per day, I can actually see pros for both options (rides going back to ILL or not). But I wish we’d have more certitude already so I can plan accordingly.
Historically, the only other time it happened where they flipped to 1 ILL$ per park for a time, they did switch back to 2 on the day they announced they would.

Historically, the only other time it happened where they flipped to 1 ILL$ per park for a time, they did switch back to 2 on the day they announced they would.
There is still the « issue » of Epcot. FEA, Remy and GotG on ILL mean that we cannot ride them all in one day with ILL as you are limited to buying 2 ILL per day. They need to change this imho.

LL pop
There is still the « issue » of Epcot. FEA, Remy and GotG on ILL mean that we cannot ride them all in one day with ILL as you are limited to buying 2 ILL per day. They need to change this imho.
I suspect they’ll go to 2 ILL at Epcot 8/7. Should be GotG and FEA, but they’ll probably do GotG + Remy instead.

Because I can afford 2 ILL per day, I can actually see pros for both options (rides going back to ILL or not). But I wish we’d have more certitude already so I can plan accordingly.
Yes, I agree. I only go once a year (and currently this trip will be my first time visiting since 2019) so I'd rather be able to lock in as many rides as possible.

LL pop

I suspect they’ll go to 2 ILL at Epcot 8/7. Should be GotG and FEA, but they’ll probably do GotG + Remy instead.
I agree I don't see them doing 3.
Yes, I agree. I only go once a year (and currently this trip will be my first time visiting since 2019) so I'd rather be able to lock in as many rides as possible.
agree with this also, I know it's not popular, but I hope they do go back to 2.

I have an old iPad that doesn't' have automatic updates enabled so I was able to see return times between 7am and 7:30am, where my iPhone running the latest version of MDE was not able to see return times.

This is just one data point, but I refreshed Hollywood Studios on my iPad between 7:10am and 7:15am and I didn't see any drop it return times like I used to.

I’m at Disneyland and the LL for Space mountain is about 15 mins outdoors (roped area) and we were refused the Rider Switch pass when we walked up to the entrance. We have to wait in the outdoor queue and when the official queue starts we will be issued a rider switch. We can’t just walk up to a CM and get a rider switch with our genie+ (It expires in another 15 mins). We can stay with the baby in the stroller on the side but can’t leave the area.

I’m at Disneyland and the LL for Space mountain is about 15 mins outdoors (roped area) and we were refused the Rider Switch pass when we walked up to the entrance. We have to wait in the outdoor queue and when the official queue starts we will be issued a rider switch. We can’t just walk up to a CM and get a rider switch with our genie+ (It expires in another 15 mins). We can stay with the baby in the stroller on the side but can’t leave the area.
See this I don't understand. So if I'm understanding correctly the LL is backed up at the scanners, but I assume the standby line is within the normal line, so if you were to ride standby, you could walk right up and get your rider swap with the rider going directly into the line and the little one going along their merry way. It makes no sense...I get what they're trying to do, but it's dumb.

See this I don't understand. So if I'm understanding correctly the LL is backed up at the scanners, but I assume the standby line is within the normal line, so if you were to ride standby, you could walk right up and get your rider swap with the rider going directly into the line and the little one going along their merry way. It makes no sense...I get what they're trying to do, but it's dumb.
Yes. The standby could walk right up and get a Rider Switch as that line was indoors (they scan from the side to issue a RS and attach to the tickets). It doesn’t make sense to me either. We should be issued a rider switch and then the first party goes back to the end of the LL to wait/enter.

It just depends on the CM I believe, but something to know so you’re not shocked or upset when/IF they turn you away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter