The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Yes l understand but want to ensure you have an understanding how LL works with Rider Swap.

Are you asking only about Rider Swap (without LL) or, when you have a LL reservation for the bigger ride?

You are asking your question in the Genie+ thread which is why responses are focused on Genie+ and LL.

You cannot use rider swap in combination with LL unless all 3 people who have tickets have a LL reservation.

You’ve mentioned getting the times to align and rider swapping together in the same sentence. This will not work. If you want to rider swap an attraction that you have a LL reservation for all 3 of you for that same attraction. You, your husband and child 1 must all have a LL reservation for that ride.

You will want to go to the LL attraction all together and request a rider swap. Once you’ve done that, parent 1 can ride with older child while parent 2 rides a different attraction standby with the younger child.

Once parent 1 has ridden with child, swap and let parent 2 ride the same attraction with that child.

I’m hoping this helps clarify but truly your best way to learn about this is on the families board as it gets discussed often at length.
My discussion went off topic and could be confusing. Please feel free to delete the standby rider swap discussion as it doesn’t apply to Genie+.

I can confirm that Pin'ing the attractions is only functional on your actual park day. Today is our first day and I was able to PIN at 12 AM ET. I hope this helps.

EDIT: And the functionality is available for the the length of the trip (All Park Ticket/Ressie Days)

Flying to Orlando on Aug 15th - flight is at 8:30 AM. Will book Remy's & Guardians from the airport at 7 AM. When the flight lands at 11:00, what is the chance of test track still having an available LL time for the evening?

Flying to Orlando on Aug 15th - flight is at 8:30 AM. Will book Remy's & Guardians from the airport at 7 AM. When the flight lands at 11:00, what is the chance of test track still having an available LL time for the evening?
Don't forget, the 1 ILL$ per park ends on 8/7, so Remy's could be back to an ILL$ by that time, so, you could do Remy ILL$, GotG VQ or ILL$, and Test Track LL all at 7am.

But to answer your question, at this time, most LL passes for TT are gone by 10, but there are small amounts sporadically available:

Screenshot_20220714-115540.png

Each day this week has random small drops available, though I wouldn't count on that still happening in a month. Usually best to check trends right before you go.

I hope they cancel the transition back. Seems everything is going well now there shouldn't be a reason to put rides to ILL$ at each park.
I definitely agree with you there, we went over Christmas, so got to take advantage of the first time they dropped an ILL$ from each park. But, we just don't know what is being planned, so good to be prepared for all possibilities, especially for anyone with a trip so close to that end date.

Don't forget, the 1 ILL$ per park ends on 8/7, so Remy's could be back to an ILL$ by that time, so, you could do Remy ILL$, GotG VQ or ILL$, and Test Track LL all at 7am.

But to answer your question, at this time, most LL passes for TT are gone by 10, but there are small amounts sporadically available:

View attachment 684909

Each day this week has random small drops available, though I wouldn't count on that still happening in a month. Usually best to check trends right before you go.It

It would definitely help us if they return to 2 ILLs at each park by that time. If not, I was hoping that on August 15th the crowd levels drop since many of the southern schools will be back in session & test track LL's will be available for a longer time.

With the recent changes to the tip board (not being able to see next available times between 7am and 7:30am) I'm wondering how that is affecting usage? Are people still seeing new/earlier times around 7:10am/7:12am? Just when you think you best understand the system it changes...

We have a trip planned for early November. We're going with our adult kids and their SOs. None have been since they were in middle school. Due to an unexpected HS reunion that popped up, 1 couple will only be there for 2 park days instead of 3. We already purchased the MVMCP for our first day, so MK will be covered.

Anyway! Our arrival day is also the MVMCP day, and we think we can be in the parks by 1pm-ish. I was thinking that we'd now do AK that afternoon (before heading to MK) and then DHS/EP for the full day. Theoretically that would cover all 4 parks in 2 days for the 2 that need to leave.

Has anyone successfully stacked LLs at AK for afternoon on a travel day? It seems like Thrill Data shows that for the first few "grab" timeslots that the return time would be too soon. I'm considering popping into HS for a few rides before we head to AK so we could force G+ to offer later times? But 3 parks in 1 day seems like a bit much.

I have a Genie+ question I am not sure of the answer to, so here goes:

If I get up and a make LL reservation at 7am when it starts, I know I cannot make another reservation until I either use that LL reservation or until two hours after park opens. But I suspect that I am not going to RD this upcoming trip. So, for example, if I wait untl thirty minutes after park opening and decide to rebook my first LL reservation to stack it later in the day, am I still allowed to make my next LL reservation two hours after park opening or do I now have to wait until two hours after modifying my existing LL reservation? And is the rule the same whether I reset the LL reservation to a later time on the same attraction or switch to an entirely different attraction? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There's no modify option there's only cancel and rebook. Once you cancel and rebook you've restarted the 2-hour clock.

Best advice I think would be to try to get later times from the start some parks are easier than others to accomplish that.

I have a Genie+ question I am not sure of the answer to, so here goes:

If I get up and a make LL reservation at 7am when it starts, I know I cannot make another reservation until I either use that LL reservation or until two hours after park opens. But I suspect that I am not going to RD this upcoming trip. So, for example, if I wait untl thirty minutes after park opening and decide to rebook my first LL reservation to stack it later in the day, am I still allowed to make my next LL reservation two hours after park opening or do I now have to wait until two hours after modifying my existing LL reservation? And is the rule the same whether I reset the LL reservation to a later time on the same attraction or switch to an entirely different attraction? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If you’re stacking later in the day and expecting to be in the park around say 9:30 am, I would try to book 2-3 passes 9-12 pm (ride one, book another) and around 1 pm passes push into late afternoon/evening and stack while taking a lunch/resort break. This has worked great at MK, however stacking morning passes at HS is next to impossible.

The LLI$ is all over the place. I clicked 9:30 am for SDMT right at 7 am and the booking screen showed 9:30 but the actual booked was 6 pm (conflicting with dinner ADR). I rushed to the front desk (30 min line at AOA) and the was able to change the pass (second drop was around 7:17 am and there were plenty of passes available at 7:30 am).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter