The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

I think it's harder for parties of 2 to get a reservation since the table is technically for 4. When I went I couldn't get a reservation but saw that 4 was available. I called and they were able to give me the reservation that way.

We are only a party of 2. Maybe there are a lot of 2 tops reserving. I actually got the Queen Victoria room which is what I meant to get. I have a cold all weekend and was really loopy when I booked earlier today.

From what I've read on the DISBoards, this problem is fairly system-wide. The basic work-around is to just reserve for four people.

The work around at V&A is to call. Most tables were tables of 2 the night I was there. Three out of four tables in QVR were 2. The other was a couple plus a 12 year old child.

That's what I ended up doing, but a lot of stuff was already booked that week. With it being F&W, end of Halloween Parties, Wine & Dine race weekend, and a special F&W event during the time, the night available were fairly limited. When we went in the past, most of the tables in the main dining room were 2 tops as well. I got a reservation for QV, so all is well:thumbsup2

The work around at V&A is to call. Most tables were tables of 2 the night I was there. Three out of four tables in QVR were 2. The other was a couple plus a 12 year old child.

That's not a work around! :D That's actually what you should do at V&A. I say it's a work around with most other TS restaurants because you can't actually call the restaurant directly to adjust the reservation. Not only that, but as long as one person shows up to the reservation, the res owner doesn't get hit with a no-show

My husband and I just decided to return to the World Sept 2018, and I really want to eat at V&A for my birthday dinner. Neither my husband nor I are what you would call "foodies", but it looks like amazing food and a fantastic experience. However...neither of us drink and I don't particularly care for seafood (though my husband loves it). Still worth going (at $185 a piece)?

My husband and I just decided to return to the World Sept 2018, and I really want to eat at V&A for my birthday dinner. Neither my husband nor I are what you would call "foodies", but it looks like amazing food and a fantastic experience. However...neither of us drink and I don't particularly care for seafood (though my husband loves it). Still worth going (at $185 a piece)?

It IS amazing food, and IMHO V&A is the best place at WDW to celebrate a special event. It's not at all necessary to drink wine or other alcohol to enjoy the food! We've eaten there several times over the years and feel it's well worth the cost. Just plan to spend several hours savoring your meal - it's truly a very special event.

If you make a reservation there, they will call you about a week in advance to find out whether there are any allergies or dislikes, and if you don't want any seafood, just say so, and they'll make sure you have amazing non-seafood dishes to choose from! (That was the case with DSiL when we ate with him and DD in January. He was more than satisfied!)

You can look up sample menus online, but keep in mind that your choices will depend on what's in season, freshest and of the best quality available that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter