The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@team bradfield bittersweet moments. Guess you have more the reason to head up and visit eh?

Happy Birthday month to me. Family asked what I wanted for my birthday, and really the list is small. So I went to my wishlist and decided to upgrade my dash mount game in the truck. Right now I have a ProClip mount for my phone. I LOVE this mount and the location. But I also have a TPMS and now a rear view RV camera. My dash area was getting a little disorganized and crowded. I had already installed and wired a multiport USB in the center dash to cut back on all the wires going all over.

Now I am going to add a Trackform AMPS bracket to the mix. The AMPS bracket allows me to use different standard bolt pattern mounts to add to the truck without drilling. This means like this example image, I can have the TPMS, my camera, and even a GPS or phone mount. There is room for about 4 mounts, and for now I just got the TPMS and camara compatible one. I might remove the pro clip and add it to this if it makes sense. Though looking forward to my "gift" from the family.

1641950995__453cae70-941b-47c8-a8c5-b33270be985e__original.jpeg

Example image only, I will post when I got mine installed.

In other news I am on last coats and my furniture finishing is doing well. I been using a propane and kerosene heater to keep the garage warm through this. I did finally pick up one of those 12v diesel heaters someone was selling they bought and never used on their race trailer. I might get that running this weekend and see how it holds up to the coming cold temps. Look forward to sharing the final product too. The table is turning out better then I expected.

forgot to add, sad news for me, Megara is DD#3's beast, she is moving to Utah also, gonna miss that princess
Tough to have folks, two and four legged, move, but sounds like some excuses to load up the rig and head west.

@team bradfield bittersweet moments. Guess you have more the reason to head up and visit eh?

Happy Birthday month to me. Family asked what I wanted for my birthday, and really the list is small. So I went to my wishlist and decided to upgrade my dash mount game in the truck. Right now I have a ProClip mount for my phone. I LOVE this mount and the location. But I also have a TPMS and now a rear view RV camera. My dash area was getting a little disorganized and crowded. I had already installed and wired a multiport USB in the center dash to cut back on all the wires going all over.

Now I am going to add a Trackform AMPS bracket to the mix. The AMPS bracket allows me to use different standard bolt pattern mounts to add to the truck without drilling. This means like this example image, I can have the TPMS, my camera, and even a GPS or phone mount. There is room for about 4 mounts, and for now I just got the TPMS and camara compatible one. I might remove the pro clip and add it to this if it makes sense. Though looking forward to my "gift" from the family.

1641950995__453cae70-941b-47c8-a8c5-b33270be985e__original.jpeg

Example image only, I will post when I got mine installed.

In other news I am on last coats and my furniture finishing is doing well. I been using a propane and kerosene heater to keep the garage warm through this. I did finally pick up one of those 12v diesel heaters someone was selling they bought and never used on their race trailer. I might get that running this weekend and see how it holds up to the coming cold temps. Look forward to sharing the final product too. The table is turning out better then I expected.
I see all these mounting rigs in all the youtube world. I'm jealous, but haven't been able to justify it yet. Please post as you go.

I see all these mounting rigs in all the youtube world. I'm jealous, but haven't been able to justify it yet. Please post as you go.

Will do. I looked at several and a few companeis stopped making them for the pre 2017 superduty. This was one that was still producing a product. A RV Vlog I follow 'Changing Lanes' also went over their install in their last and new tow rigs. Thats when I got curious about do this for myself, I will take before and after pictures so people can see the difference.

I recently had an opportunity to put together the new puzzle I bought at WDW during our Thanksgiving stay. It was of the original 1971 Magic Kingdom park map that was reprinted as part of the 50 year celebration. The puzzle was sold separately from the map but I bought both.

Odd thing was its was 24x24 inches in size so it didn't fit in my Ravensburger puzzle case (which is rectangular but 24 inches on the longest side). So I had to work on it on my folding table only.

It was tough because there were two rows of all white pieces (nearly) all the way around. So instead of starting with the edges/straights first, I left those for the last. All in all it was a good puzzle on the inside. Lots of memories of the MK from the late 70s and early 80s for me (before Epcot opened).

Finished.

Also in unrelated news, my Yukon XL turned over 200,000 miles recently.

I had posted a pic on here year years ago of when my previous TV (Suburban) rolled over 200k while in Gulf Shores and also 250K on the drive to the dealership to trade it in for this Yukon XL.

Gonna make up some Trails End Bread Pudding from the officiail TE recipe book in about a week. But first we have 3 nice days coming up over this weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) and there are 3 Bama baseball scrimmages those days to attend and shag homerun balls during batting practice.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I recently had an opportunity to put together the new puzzle I bought at WDW during our Thanksgiving stay. It was of the original 1971 Magic Kingdom park map that was reprinted as part of the 50 year celebration. The puzzle was sold separately from the puzzle but I bought both.

Odd thing was its was 24x24 inches in size so it didn't fit in my Ravensburger puzzle case (which is rectangular but 24 inches on the longest side). So I had to work on it on my folding table only.

It was tough because there were two rows of all white pieces (nearly) all the way around. So instead of starting with the edges/straights first, I left those for the last. All in all it was a good puzzle on the inside. Lots of memories of the MK from the late 70s and early 80s for me (before Epcot opened).

Finished.

Also in unrelated news, my Yukon XL turned over 200,000 miles recently.

I had posted a pic on here year years ago of when my previous TV (Suburban) rolled over 200k while in Gulf Shores and also 250K on the drive to the dealership to trade it in for this Yukon XL.

Gonna make up some Trails End Bread Pudding from the officiail TE recipe book in about a week. But first we have 3 nice days coming up over this weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) and there are 3 Bama baseball scrimmages those days to attend and shag homerun balls during batting practice.

Bama Ed
That's a beefy puzzle. I don't have the patience for them. If we ever get to a DISMeet where there's a puzzle out, DW and DD will be there crushing it.

Just watched the preview ride videos of Tron courtesy of Resort TV1.

Daytime view:

Nighttime view:

THIS is what they shut down the WDW Railroad for a couple years for? :crazy:

It's barely 60 seconds long from the countdown to the congratulations.

Rise of the Resistance it's not. I'm much better on steel tube rollercoasters than ones that bob and spin like GotG. But I'm still like, "so wat"? :confused3

"Pass" for me (yawn). Again, some of us were nearly 20yo when the first TRON movie came out. The TRON arcade video game (which I mastered) was easy to beat back in the day as fyi. I admit my low expectations were not met in these ride videos.

It's not worth another day's ticket to MK just to ride this. Ho hum. I'll stay at the Fort.

Bama Ed

PS - but hey at least the train is now running. We've got a trip coming up to the Fort in 2023.

PPS - I WILL be happy, though, to buy an MK ticket and wander around Main Street, listen to the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra music on the background loops, and munch some popcorn while waiting for the Dapper Dans to perform. Then do Carousel of Progress and People Mover. And Country Bears, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted. Classics all. And skip TRON. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
PPS - I WILL be happy, though, to buy an MK ticket and wander around Main Street, listen to the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra music on the background loops, and munch some popcorn while waiting for the Dapper Dans to perform. Then do Carousel of Progress and People Mover. And Country Bears, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted. Classics all. And skip TRON
Sounds like a perfect day!!

I was looking at the monthly forecast calendar for my home town recently and most high temps were in the 60s for February (no cold snaps shown at all). I know, I know, don't bet on a monthly forecast. But it got me to thinking about shaking off the winter blahs and getting ready for spring.

Specifically as it relates to camping, my tow vehicle was looking a little ragged in the back exterior. No not the bumper but my hitch cover. The elements and time had caught up with my swoosh A with the silver backdrop.

You can even see the hitch pin behind looks a little ragged too.

So I replaced the old cover with a crisp, bright painted logo hitch cover which hopefully will wear better than the last one.

I don't have a camping trip planned till Gulf Shores in April.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I was looking at the monthly forecast calendar for my home town recently and most high temps were in the 60s for February (no cold snaps shown at all). I know, I know, don't bet on a monthly forecast. But it got me to thinking about shaking off the winter blahs and getting ready for spring.
The kids have 5 days off in Feb, so we're rolling the dice and planning to camp within 1.5 hours of the house. It's looking like high 40s and dry, so we're probably going for it. I miss the mild winters from when we lived in Savannah, but we weren't campers back then. Wasted years!

What do you do about water/bathroom, Jack? I'd love to take advantage of some of these weekends in March when we get a warm spell before the next snow, but it takes 4 gallons of antifreeze to rewinterize and DW won't go without her own bathroom.

j

What do you do about water/bathroom, Jack? I'd love to take advantage of some of these weekends in March when we get a warm spell before the next snow, but it takes 4 gallons of antifreeze to rewinterize and DW won't go without her own bathroom.

j
I typically don't do pink stuff. I just blow out the lines with the air compressor. I've had success with the TT and the 5er. It doesn't take too terribly long to hook the compressor back up and blow it all out, especially when I have 2 mini-me helpers to scurry around and open and close valves for me. I'm also not against throwing all the low point drains open and putting the furnace on 50 when there are several trips close together.

The campground we're going to is a State Park that has a year round dump station and a frost free water fill at the front of the CG. So it's not the most convenient, but I'll take it.

The only time I've had an issue was the first winter with the 5er when I blew everything out with air, but I didn't run the water pump dry so it was frozen up. After the furnace ran overnight, it thawed it all out and we were in business.

I've always just pumped the pink stuff. With an ice maker and washing machine, I'm not sure if blowing the lines would work.

j

I've always just pumped the pink stuff. With an ice maker and washing machine, I'm not sure if blowing the lines would work.

j
We have an ice maker too. In the winter I don't use it so I don't have to blow it out as it takes too long and is messier. However, we blow it out once for the season and just lug ice from the house for the quick weekend trips.

j

Always been the best for me too to use antifreeze. I have mine down to 3 gallons, but still takesa a little time. I blew out the old fiver once, then had to replace the toilet valve and connector on the kitchen. Went back t the pink stuff.

I am much like @Part-Time Paradise early and late season I will run the heat between trips if its going to get near freezing. Think this year would have been two weeks if I had not winterized....crazy to think that.

Pink always here too, did the air thing in my Montana but when we went to a Cardinal, the plumbing for the pump had a strainer on it, it would not blow out, ask me how I know. Plus with the W/D it just seems safer than risking a new Washer

Definitely use non toxic antifreeze. Will keep heat on for fall camping but winterize as soon as we are done for the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!