The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@garneska Sometimes it’s just trust and getting used to it. May never be her favorite, or you end up with mine where I start the trucks d they all wanna go with me.

been keeping good on my routines, I gut be giving myself this evening off, I’ve managed to pick up a sinus cold this weekend. Figure if I take tonight off, rest and by tomorrow I’ll be less snot filled and ready for another 30 minutes.

I posted in the other thread because I was hoping to be at the Fort at the end of jan, but we are still waiting on a part for the RV and the majority of the work has not been done, so we will have to cancel the fort. Once it is done we will need to take the RV out and test it, but will do that closer to home. Probably get a spot at Margaritaville. It is close enough to the city that we should at a minimum have cell signal to hot spot so we can work.

I was wondering how the RV repair was going. Sorry. That sucks that you had to cancel. I didn't know there was a Margaritaville close to you. Pigeon Forge was the closest I know of.

j

Canceled the trip for end of Jan. I was able to book another Fort trip for Nov 4 to Nov 18. We are not sure we will keep it, but since it was available I grabbed it. I know Bert wants to go to Gulf Shores so we may switch to that or just add another trip to Gulf Shores :).

A minor highlight from the bummer of having to cancel? It always sucks when you have to cancel anticipated plans.

Kind of getting aniticpitory here on many fronts. We are 73 days from our PR trip and 175 from Disney 2023. Been doing my best to keep up the routine on the bike and otherwise. So far been doing ok. I mean I am not expecting miracles, just better shape and maybe less round in some places.

A minor highlight from the bummer of having to cancel? It always sucks when you have to cancel anticipated plans.

Kind of getting aniticpitory here on many fronts. We are 73 days from our PR trip and 175 from Disney 2023. Been doing my best to keep up the routine on the bike and otherwise. So far been doing ok. I mean I am not expecting miracles, just better shape and maybe less round in some places

At this very moment I stare at this view as I finish push ups… the elliptical with iPad set to watch some Star Trek…

A39BDED3-9437-4CF5-87C5-7913FA7487F8.jpeg

Spencer is correct! :happytv:

Ed

PS - but the only two possible answers is either the Original (Kirk) or NextGen (Picard). Anything else does not exist. :sad2:
Ed, i would almost totally agree, but the new one, well the 3rd of the new series was atually prety good. The other 2 new ones were blah. Voyager, at least they fought stuff, but it was so so. Deep space nice had its moments. Enterprise was decent, and a bit funny. But no, I am not a sci fi nerd.

What star trek? New old? We need to know!!!!!!
My favorite series are TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. I started with TOS and it’s movies, but I like to watch the 4 “1990’s” series the most. I have watched the very recent new stuff (and seeing the “Picard” series has been interesting), but I still like my first four that I mentioned the most. I mostly watch them one show per day in series order when I elliptical, so it takes me months to get through each series. So, by the time I get through each series, I am ready to get back to the one I watched longest ago. While I have watched them a lot, I do not have every moment of every episode memorized, so it is still fun because I see new stuff or stuff I didn’t remember, etc. I still have fun watching them!

Watch strange new worlds. Thats the newest one. That I thought was good. But I am judging it by todays standerds, thats most stuff isnt good.

Watch strange new worlds. Thats the newest one. That I thought was good. But I am judging it by todays standerds, thats most stuff isnt good.
Yeah, I am through all episodes that are available on all the “new” stuff. Different way of storytelling… I guess it’s the “new” way… not my favorite, but some of it ok. Still stick with my 90’s stuff as favorite.

I will watch all the new stuff once through, at least, but don’t think I will repeat it over and over like the other stuff.

It "snowed" last night here in KS. A little dusting in the grass, but nothing really stuck to the pavement. It hovered right around 32 most of the day so the snow is pretty much melted.

When I woke up this morning I saw something interesting out the window. Some coyotes. The pictures are miserable because it's off the phone and through the window screens, but it was interesting.
PXL_20230122_134328845_exported_1066_1674439048167.jpg
This guy stayed here for a long time. He eventually sat back on his haunches for a while and then laid down. He stayed in the area at least 30 minutes.

PXL_20230122_134955773_exported_333_1674439070684.jpg
The first fella is on the right and after a while another coyote trotted up from the pond (behind the trees on the left). I noticed them around 7:30 and they were gone by 8:15.

We hear coyotes calling about every other night out here. It's eerie, but fascinating. I really enjoy living in the sticks.

I could use a transparent aluminum windshield. Love where I live, but downside of being 5 miles from an active bluestone quary is the amount of trucks carring 20+ ton loads of aggregate and pitching some of them at your glass. Thankfully it was a repairable chip and on the commuter car.

Keeping up on the bike, actually went 40 minutes today because I lost track of time watching all the RV blocks about the Tampa show.

Also made some progress on the furniture refinishing, I got the final coat on the china cabinet done and 1st coat on the table. If temps and my time hold up well should be ready to move the hutch inside by the weekend and the table shortly after.

DS and family booked a site for 2 weeks this past summer for October 2023 in a preferred site and asked if we would like to join, I looked a couple times ( i need premium due to size) and nothing was available. checked today an low and behold, I snagged a premium for the first 3 weeks of October, nothing better than fall at the FORT.

Going to be a busy year for us, we have booked April to June in Utah (moving the last child off to college), back home for july, then off to Acadia in Maine most of augus/sept, then October at the Fort, off to Utah again for thanksgiving and xmas, Did I mention I love retirement

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter