The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Ok, so wores are traced. There is now easy way to rerun some of them as i have no idea where they connect in the walls. Lol. So, i will put ot back as it was, crappy , and maybe seprate fan and light feed, and be happy it works. I replaced the sigle switches, with one that was broken, that took me 30 minutes to figure out. And then the lights in the downstairs bath went out. Couldnt get them on no matter what i did. Took me another 30 minutes to check the gfi. Somewhere it was feeding the outlet and then the 3 lights and fan. Why in the world a 15 year old bathroom was hooked up to old wiring , and the outlets to boot , is just wrong. Especially when the subpanel is directly behind it with space for breakers. I will now walk around the house with eyes closed and not start any more projects.

All done and cleaned up. Lol. It works, but not like i wanted it to. Unfortunately, good enough is good enough. To run the wires to give me the 3 seprate feeds to the fan for the night light , light, and fan would have been more work then it was worth. I also wanted to fix the 2 sigle switches, they look bad. But with the amount of dead wires, and the feeds going all over the house, it just wasnt worth the aggravation. I have a ligh with fan now and before only had a fan. Its an improvement, but i wouldn't have sprung for the deluxe version had i known about the wiring beforehand. Yes i know, i need new screws or to paint the heads in the switches. 20210910_104836.jpg20210910_104843.jpg

20 years ago today we were camping in the Badlands, had no clue, no TV reception, drove into Keystone to visit Mt. Rushmore and it was closed, National Guard blocking access, that's when we heard about the towers attack.

I did not see this! Where can one find this elusive recipe?
This is his pork instructions. I can't find the Trail''s End bread pudding recipe at the moment..
It's pretty stupid simple, Stratman50th. I'm not much of a smoker/grill guy but I can do a lot of damage in the kitchen (mostly to my waistline).

But get your favorite pork shoulder product (bone-in, boneless, doesn't matter). Salt/pepper/season the outside with a tiny bit of water (like 1/4 cup) to get the steam heat started. I also give mine a few shots of liquid smoke for additional flavor.

Then leave it in the crockpot on low for 7-9 hours then lift out and pull it apart. Most of the fat will have melted into liquid and the meat will be very soft and tender.

My problem is that I often get a shoulder/butt that pushing the size limits of my big oval crock pot (we also have a smaller one). But this one I cooked this week was a little 5# and it was delicious.

Ed

PS - some crockpot recipes say put it on High for the first hour then turn to low for the rest but a crockpot is not responsive like a race car. So for KISS purposes I just set-it-and-forget-it on Low the whole time. Smells so good.

This is his pork instructions. I can't find the Trail''s End bread pudding recipe at the moment..

I took care of you on the big Camping Board, Don. Cook up a batch and tell me what you think!

The only coversion I was not comfortable with was going from convection-to-conventional ovens. That's why I included the original recipes in the PDF. One can vary temp versus time to move from on to the other. But I want to avoid a dry, crusty bread pudding. It should be hot and moist (before the praline sauce is applied).

:thumbsup2 Ed

I took care of you on the big Camping Board, Don. Cook up a batch and tell me what you think!

The only coversion I was not comfortable with was going from convection-to-conventional ovens. That's why I included the original recipes in the PDF. One can vary temp versus time to move from on to the other. But I want to avoid a dry, crusty bread pudding. It should be hot and moist (before the praline sauce is applied).

:thumbsup2 Ed
I have a convection/regular oven so I can do it either way. I actually have your recipe but stripped out what you had already converted down to the smaller portion. That pork shoulder though! 😍 That has gone into our regular rotation!

Looks like Ed picked up a new tow vehicle.
j

At first glance I assumed it was simply an additional vehicle the owner had parked on the site, but then I noted that it actually does have a trailer hitch. Certainly an interesting choice for a tow vehicle!

The trailer does take away a few mpg, though, fellas because even when it's folded up and closed, it sits higher than the car does.

It's like pulling a barn door down the highway ...... at 100 miles per hour.

This will be me and DW towing the Aliner on our next swing out West.

giphy.gif

Thanks. It's the thought that counts. :drive:

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter