The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Its humid here in the summer, not so much in the winter i guess. I usally throw a damp rid container in the camper over the winter, but so far that dosen't yeild much. I guess it depends on where you live. I do like the little ring thing, i may get one of those for the winter.

😆 I asked DW why the heck she was hanging bags of water in the rig, she slowly explained the bags were COLLECTING water, now I know. We have extreme humidity in late summer due to corn sweat

And to add, the new camera thibg , woth the nice line up line and downward camera make it easier. Mostly , after you get the hang of it, you only get out once.

So yesterday the remnants of IDA hit Pennsylvania and tracked right over us. We received 8 inches of rain in just over a 24 hour period. We took on some water in the basement, about 1.5 inches. Nothing damaged, and we got the water out and it is drying out today with the breeze and sun out.

241077242_4573887452632868_9157792482496320050_n.jpg

This was the creek behind our house the evening before IDA, about a foot deep, clear as could be.

240894716_4573887652632848_6086849054276014370_n.jpg

This was taken this morning after my hospital appointment. The creek was already receding and was probably still at the 11 foot mark. Time difference between pictures is about 30 hours. Was just outside and creek is still up and running fast. Could launch a kayak and be in Harrisburg in no time at all.

We lucked out with the storms, it seemed most of it followed the west side of the appalachians till around MD and then went east. We got about 3" of rain and no issues at our house. Though the grass is loving it and either I need to mow sometime today or deal with it monday when I get back.

This weekend is a camping trip with just me and the pups for the most part. Melissa went to PA to see our newest niece, and I am off to the races this weekend for the big labor day double race.

Back from the race weekend and other then Saturday where it went from 20% chance of morning showers to on and off light or moderate rain made the races exciting and very challenging for the drivers as the conditions changed from wet to dry and even back to wet sometimes mid race. This lead to a VERY long Sunday for all of us workers. We did not even finish the full schedule with all the clean ups between session and had to stop at and finish the remaining Sunday races Monday morning. I was exhausted yet loved every moment of it. Sunday was sunny, light breeze and dry and that was perfect for lots of good races plus drying out everything.

Next up is the youngest birthday. Jessica turns 12 and we are having a small birthday get together for her painting some ceramics at a place nearby. I am still working on a possible get away for Melissa and I, so far coming up short as the area I would like to go to seems to be immensely popular and booked up through December. So looking a little further south, and see what I can find. What I have noticed is there are camping spots to be found as long as you are flexible.

Last edited:
Ok , so i went to finally install my new bathroom fan after the other one crapped out, pun intended. Should be fairly easy, just a bit of a pain cutting the old one out. Right! Wrong. Apparently someone decided it was a good idea to make the celling fan a juntion box. So, now i have 6 wires to remove and see hwere they go, decide it the circuit is overloaded. Then put in the fan. This fan has a light, and i figured it would be nice to have a seprate light and fan switch. So off to the store. Apparently covid hit the electrical suppy prtty good. 3 stores and not one old constrution 3 gang box( light switch box) at any of them. On amazon there like 25 $ lol. So , a 1 to 2 hour job, is now going to be rewiring stuff and looking for parts. Its never easy. Even when its supost to be. Rant over........
Side note i got new house keys made in the key box thing, and got a nightmare before Christmas one for me. Ot dosent work. Lol So ill have to grind it down a bit. They key looks nice otherwise.

Ok , so i went to finally install my new bathroom fan after the other one crapped out, pun intended. Should be fairly easy, just a bit of a pain cutting the old one out. Right! Wrong. Apparently someone decided it was a good idea to make the celling fan a juntion box. So, now i have 6 wires to remove and see hwere they go, decide it the circuit is overloaded. Then put in the fan. This fan has a light, and i figured it would be nice to have a seprate light and fan switch. So off to the store. Apparently covid hit the electrical suppy prtty good. 3 stores and not one old constrution 3 gang box( light switch box) at any of them. On amazon there like 25 $ lol. So , a 1 to 2 hour job, is now going to be rewiring stuff and looking for parts. Its never easy. Even when its supost to be. Rant over........
Side note i got new house keys made in the key box thing, and got a nightmare before Christmas one for me. Ot dosent work. Lol So ill have to grind it down a bit. They key looks nice otherwise.

Ah the infamous 30 minute job that turns in to a 3 day project, been there.

Yea, they really just through this together. Would be easier to leave it as is, and not bother. But its so messed up i cant do that. The switches that were there were broken and arched, they backwired them with 20 amp older wire that suff is way to large to backwire. Plus they just fell out when i unscrewed the outlets. lol. So, i have a new feed, that powers the fan , then goes to a 3 wire that goes to the light switch, back up to the 3 wire feeds back on the red and powers the light and then back down to the switch. The extra neutrals and blacks are cut in the box. I think a blind person vould do better. It also feeds other stuff. Lol. So now its where to cut and run new wire. Good thing i have like 8 whole inches above this in the crawl space before i hit the roof. I wouldnt want it to be tight. 3 day project. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter