The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Bank, but that's me. Sitting doesn't do you much good and you still have to keep it up. By the time the kids need wheels you'll be ready with something else.

Yeah I'm of this mind too. If one of the kids was a year away from driving then you might want to hang on to it for them use. Sell it, take the cash, and stash it for a rainy day (college, new trailer, etc.).

Ed

Yeah I'm of this mind too. If one of the kids was a year away from driving then you might want to hang on to it for them use. Sell it, take the cash, and stash it for a rainy day (college, new trailer, etc.).

Ed

My thoughts exactly. We replaced my vehicle 14 months before DD got her license, so we held onto the old as a hand-me-down for that purpose. If you are still 10 years out from college, you have a long way to go before you need to worry about that. Driven or not, the Jeep will depreciate sitting in your driveway, not to mention the related costs of ownership. Selling and investing/banking will sustain and/or grow those funds until you need them.

Sell? Or hold and rarely drive it?
The used vehicle market is just like the used RV market right now. It is ridiculously hot. Dealers (Carvana, CarMax and the rest included) are desperate for inventory and buyers are paying way over what they would have 18 months ago. Sell now. I just sold my truck and 5er and got way more than I expected. It made picking up a MH much easier.

If you don't need the vehicle, cash out now and wait until the market cools to look for something else.

Just curious, what kind of Jeep and what do you think it is worth? I'm looking for a newer vehicle to setup as a toad. My 6 year old Explorer is getting ready to roll over 100,000 miles and DW thinks it is time for a newer, used vehicle.

j

Its a basic jku sport 4x4 with a few options. Carvana will give me 26k for it. I bought it for 24, and got new tires rims ( off someones old jku) and running boards. I like it, but it rides like a jeep, lol. Plus the new truck is better

Hey all, just a quick question as im on the fence here. I have a 2014 jeep wrangler 4 door, low miles, that i dont use much. I am thinking of selling it to carvana. Apparently they highly value these jeeps and got quoted almost as much for it as when i bought it used in 2016. Sell? Or hold and rarely drive it? I dont need the money, but it can be used for kids collage in 10 years. Or go to a new camper in 10 years, or just sit in the bank. I figure the bank is better then sitting in the driveway doing nothing.

They are in huge demand in the RV world as they can be flat towed.

Hey all, just a quick question as im on the fence here. I have a 2014 jeep wrangler 4 door, low miles, that i dont use much. I am thinking of selling it to carvana. Apparently they highly value these jeeps and got quoted almost as much for it as when i bought it used in 2016. Sell? Or hold and rarely drive it? I dont need the money, but it can be used for kids collage in 10 years. Or go to a new camper in 10 years, or just sit in the bank. I figure the bank is better then sitting in the driveway doing nothing.

Dangit!
5 months ago I was looking for one as a daily driver and fun vehicle for beach and mountains.

>:(

Its ok, i always wanted one also, it was good for the beach and having the top down. Better with the alien sun shade. No sun burn. But i think the time has come, im getting older and the money can probably go towards something better. I have the camper as a toy, and i have been using the new truck, as my primary driver. Even with the crap gas millage, and hard to park size, i still take the truck. So time to say adu to the jeep.

Its ok, i always wanted one also, it was good for the beach and having the top down.
I had a Suzuki Sidekick for a long time. Drove it hard for 150,000 miles. Had a soft top I could pop open and zip off the windows in a minute. It was fun. Slow and very basic, but light and "toss-able". We rented a 4 door Jeep jku in St Thomas last November. I was disappointed. It had the V6, so it had some guts, but otherwise it was kind of boring. Made me realize I wouldn't like it for a semi-daily driver.

20201115_103722_copy_2304x1296.jpg

j

Ok they are coming in 11 days to pick it up. Ill drive it around a bit untill then. It was a fun vehicle, but tbh, didn't get much better gas millage then the 2500. And didnt ride smoother eaither. So, while it was fun and you could drive around without a top, and parj it easier, it wasn't nessassarly used much. 20210524_190842.jpg
Yes it needs a bath. Lol.

Poor Mal, hope she starts to get better.

Bug Update - The laser treatments seem to be helping with getting her comfortable. Right now she is sleeping on her side probably for the first time in weeks. Usually she sleeps in a straight line on her belly to keep the pressure off her spine. I will take that as a good sign. We are still a week from her appointment and my fingers are crossed that when we see the neurologist we can get a solid plan in place.

In my own news I guess the stress, waking in the middle of the night and more got to me. I ended up going to Patients First Monday night due to sharp pains in my gut. While not confirmed with a CT scan like 8 years ago, they suspect diverticulitis since I had it before in addition to where the pain was. So 10 days of kick you in the pants antibiotics has been started, it is now day 2 and I already feel a lot better. I will need to follow up with my regular Doc as the urgent care doc recommended I see a GI doc. I will see what he thinks and either way need a referral under my insurance.

The joys of life, though I am still looking forward to the beach in a few weeks.

@jbrostek glad the laser seems to be helping bug. i hope you also continue to feel better.

I am going to get into the vet before our trip just not sure when.

I tripped on an uneven sidewalk this morning running (a route i run a lot and know that edge is there) i still managed to fall. Thankfully all superficial damage. Skinned my knee in 2 places. The shower did sting quite a bit. I fell at mile 2.5 but still finished my 6 miles, with a little bit of blood running down my knee.

I tripped at the filling station the other day - the cement had separated & made it rise in spot. Fell face down - cut my lip & skinned the knee. I could not get up - out of nowhere a sweet your man came & asked if he could help me up. Said of course, & he even finished filling up the truck with diesel. Not one other person in that filling station ran to help. I am glad you are OK & didn't hit your head or really injury your leg or foot.

@friendofeeyore glad someone helped you up and it was not too bad. Yeah my skinned knee hurts pretty good. Road rash is not nice but will be ok in a few days. I did have issues with being sore in my shoulder and neck from the fall but it’s getting better too. I takes a bit longer to recover now that I am older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter