The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody. This forum is such a great place to hang, so many good things happening, Fed being home, Chill having a baby. I get a chance to read all the new posts but don't get a chance to write as much as I'd like to.
I'd like to give a tiny bit of advice if I may. There are a lot of dads here with little ones, some with very new little ones. Enjoy every second you can with your children. The time goes faster than you can imagine, they grow up too fast and before you realize, they are heading out on their own. My son will be heading out to college this coming August, It seems like only last year when he was born. My daughter no longer wants "daddy" to chaperone class trips any longer. Watching them grow is one of the best things you will ever experience, when they laugh:rotfl: , cry:sick: , give you big squishy hugs:hug: (you can never get too many hugs):cloud9: , when they embarrass you out in public with some of the things they say:confused: , it's all amazing. As they get older you sometimes feel as if they don't need you as much, although they do. You do the best you can guiding them, teaching them as they grow into young adults and when they head out you hope you did enough:scared: .
My Uncle once told me:
"You need a license to drive a car, a permit to work on your house, you even need a license to catch a fish, but any knucklehead can be a father. It takes someone special to be a DAD."
Enjoy all the time you can and remember, it doesn't take a lot of money or material things to be a good dad, just all your love and your time.

I totally agree!!!

My sweet princess: is graduationg from high school in 7.5 weeks, seems like yesterday she was starting Kindergarten and getting on the Big Yellow School Bus for the very first time.........:sad1: I truly don't know where the time has gone.........:confused3

Hi everybody. This forum is such a great place to hang, so many good things happening, Fed being home, Chill having a baby. I get a chance to read all the new posts but don't get a chance to write as much as I'd like to.
I'd like to give a tiny bit of advice if I may. There are a lot of dads here with little ones, some with very new little ones. Enjoy every second you can with your children. The time goes faster than you can imagine, they grow up too fast and before you realize, they are heading out on their own. My son will be heading out to college this coming August, It seems like only last year when he was born. My daughter no longer wants "daddy" to chaperone class trips any longer. Watching them grow is one of the best things you will ever experience, when they laugh:rotfl: , cry:sick: , give you big squishy hugs:hug: (you can never get too many hugs):cloud9: , when they embarrass you out in public with some of the things they say:confused: , it's all amazing. As they get older you sometimes feel as if they don't need you as much, although they do. You do the best you can guiding them, teaching them as they grow into young adults and when they head out you hope you did enough:scared: .
My Uncle once told me:
"You need a license to drive a car, a permit to work on your house, you even need a license to catch a fish, but any knucklehead can be a father. It takes someone special to be a DAD."
Enjoy all the time you can and remember, it doesn't take a lot of money or material things to be a good dad, just all your love and your time.

I like the T shirt idea.

Very well said.
Everyone give your kids a hug. :hug: No matter how old, or if they want one or not.
I'm in for a shirt too. I offer up my plaque disign at the begining of this thread.
(It originally was a t-shirt design my wife made :rolleyes1 )

The first pic below is of my DW and I holding our sweet little princess: on her Dedication Day.
This was a few weeks after we brought her into the country once her adoption in Mexico was completed.

1043873269026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

And, here she is, a mere 17 years later getting ready to graduate from high school.

Angelina_with_White_Rose.jpg

I totally agree!!!

My sweet princess: is graduationg from high school in 7.5 weeks, seems like yesterday she was starting Kindergarten and getting on the Big Yellow School Bus for the very first time.........:sad1: I truly don't know where the time has gone.........:confused3

My little girl is going to start Kindergarden this fall! I can't believe she's already starting Kindergarden!!! :confused: We had orientation this week and she got to ride the big yellow school bus for the first time... she loved it. She's already wanting to grow up so fast. I'll have to post a pic of her from today (she had her spring program at preschool today).

WOW there is a lot going on when you step away for a while. First of all congratulations to all the new DADS it is an awesome experiences, my thoughts and prayers for all of the new babies They sure do grow up quick, my little boy is begining kindergarden this fall and my daughter will be in 3rd grade. I cannot believe how fast time goes by.
:wave2: Welcome to all of the new dads.

They sure do...not that mine are at the HS graduation stage yet - but they sure are a changin'... got home this afternoon and had to rebuild the bbq insides so we could finally start grilling this season, and there's my oldest right at my side helping out - and not the kind of "helping" they do at my DD's age (4) - but really doing it. I was impressed, and in awe of the fine young man he is becoming. He was just a baby, and now he's taller than his mom, and not far from me. Too fast!!!!

My little girl is going to start Kindergarden this fall! I can't believe she's already starting Kindergarden!!! :confused: We had orientation this week and she got to ride the big yellow school bus for the first time... she loved it. She's already wanting to grow up so fast. I'll have to post a pic of her from today (she had her spring program at preschool today).

It seems like yesterday my son was doing the same thing. He is 8 now. I was getting rid some clothes he can no longer wear and was reminiscing. Time sure does go by fast. I am going to listen to the Kitchensinkguy and give him a hug ( and secretly plan a surprise Disney trip too:ssst: )!

It seems like yesterday my son was doing the same thing. He is 8 now. I was getting rid some clothes he can no longer wear and was reminiscing. Time sure does go by fast. I am going to listen to the Kitchensinkguy and give him a hug ( and secretly plan a surprise Disney trip too:ssst: )!

You go Dad!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

High School? :scared1: I thought we would see him in the draft tomorrow!

Scary isn't it? Those pics were taken last year when he was 17yo. Feeding that frame has been a challenge. He is good kid. He wanted to get a job this past year to help out with all the food and gym costs, I told him no, his job was to keep his grades up and to keep training hard. Although I did tell him I would accept 1/2 of his first signing bonus when he turns pro.;) ;)

Hi Dad's thanks for all the prayers DW and DD are doing fine. Born at 3:57 pm 7lbs 21 inches.

VirginaDay1013-1.jpg

Just stopped home to pick up supplies and headed back to the hospital.

Hi Dad's thanks for all the prayers DW and DD are doing fine. Born at 3:57 pm 7lbs 21 inches.

VirginaDay1013-1.jpg

She is beautiful.
Congratulations
I am glad everyone is doing fine, take care

VirginaDay1013-1.jpg

Congrats DIS Dad on the new little princess:
she is a cutie!!!

CHILL

Thats just great and thanks for the Update Oh what fond memories that brings up heading back for supplies.

This will be you the next :laundy:

Do you have to be a dad, cant you just be a dude?? :confused3 :upsidedow

Well maybe.

I guess if you here to pass ( Or Push :lmao: ) info to your DAD then I guess the message is still getting through. Just don't get on him to bad :rolleyes1

Oh and when you get a few years older there is a Do Disney Males Excist and Single Males threads as well.:rotfl2:

VirginaDay1013-1.jpg

WOO HOO that's great chill! Congratulations. What a wonderful blessing. Enjoy that new little bundle, and the exciting new dynamic to your family. Your life has been transformed forever... savor these days. That's so awesome. Thanks for sharing this photo.:) Now you can enjoy those sleepless nights :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter