The DIS Dad's Club VII - Oh Peanut Butter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a totally different subject.....

I just thought I'd put it out there that I work for a Ford dealership.

I have access to rebates and invoices etc....

So if anyone ever needs any help or guidance in buying their next Ford or Lincoln - I'm your man. :thumbsup2

On a totally different subject.....

I just thought I'd put it out there that I work for a Ford dealership.

I have access to rebates and invoices etc....

So if anyone ever needs any help or guidance in buying their next Ford or Lincoln - I'm your man. :thumbsup2

Hmmm.........................New F150 SuperCrew possibly in my future...

Hmmm.........................New F150 SuperCrew possibly in my future...

The new F150's are awesome. And there are some great incentives available right now.

Incentives/Rebates are based on residency. So if anyone wants me to look anything up for them on a specific style of vehicle, just PM me with the vehicle of interest and your residency zip code.

The new F150's are awesome. And there are some great incentives available right now.

Incentives/Rebates are based on residency. So if anyone wants me to look anything up for them on a specific style of vehicle, just PM me with the vehicle of interest and your residency zip code.

Mikey likes the new big engine...I have the 5.4 in my 08.

thebigdisneydaddy;40417548 Oooh I love that said:
1st, don't tell her what we call her. It won't help your cause. 2nd, what in it for her? You want to go, so what are you going to do for her? You need something to negotiate with. Shoes work. :rotfl2:

Fed needs a lot of horsepower to pull his boat. The trailer has spinners, which adds to the aerodynamic drag. :rotfl2:

anim_pissed.gif

Anyone have anything they can post to disdads.com between now and Thursday? We could use some midweek content. Our site traffic peaks on Mondays (when there's always new content), and jumps on any day when new content is added to the site.

Hey dads, ok, my interview this morning went REALLY well, but then again, so have the other few I've been on in the last 9 months. Either way, the interviewer called me back within two hours of the interview because she forgot to ask my salary requirements. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but I do have a really good feeling about this. Which brings us to this point, DW made me an offer, if I got the job, we'd take the girls to Disney for Memorial Day Weekend, if I didn't get the job, she'd come with me to a Punk Rock Concert (I'm going with or without her). Well, in the past year, we've been to MK 4 times (our girls are 6 & 3), but with all the closures and construction in MK we want to take this time to check out the other parks. So, the question I pose to you guys is this, one day, one park not MK, which one? We've never been to AK, last time I went to Epcot was New Years Eve 1995 and I don't remember anything beyond Germany, and I've only been to HS twice, back when it was called MGM.

Hey dads, ok, my interview this morning went REALLY well, but then again, so have the other few I've been on in the last 9 months. Either way, the interviewer called me back within two hours of the interview because she forgot to ask my salary requirements. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but I do have a really good feeling about this. Which brings us to this point, DW made me an offer, if I got the job, we'd take the girls to Disney for Memorial Day Weekend, if I didn't get the job, she'd come with me to a Punk Rock Concert (I'm going with or without her). Well, in the past year, we've been to MK 4 times (our girls are 6 & 3), but with all the closures and construction in MK we want to take this time to check out the other parks. So, the question I pose to you guys is this, one day, one park not MK, which one? We've never been to AK, last time I went to Epcot was New Years Eve 1995 and I don't remember anything beyond Germany, and I've only been to HS twice, back when it was called MGM.

Definately check out AK if you've never been. It is a great park and you DDs will love it. The are a lot of neat ways to see and interact with the animals, some fun rides and good food that you won't find elsewhere.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. . . My vote would be Animal Kingdom, believe it or not it is my oldest daughters favorite, even over Magic Kingdom.

With young kids, I'd vote for either Animal Kingdom or Epcot, and would lean toward Epcot. Epcot has some excellent family-friendly rides, like Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Turtle Talk with Crush, Soarin' and Test Track - but depending on how tall your three-year-old is, you might run into height issues on Soarin' and Test Track (and Mission: Space - which my 8-year-old daughter LOVES, but is excessively spinny for the majority of humanity). The countries of World Showcase can be great to explore too. The down side of Epcot is that it is just plain HUGE, and the simple act of moving from attraction to attraction can be draining on little ones, especially. You probably have to choose a "half" of Epcot to hit, as I think trying to do all of Epcot in one day with two small children is a recipe for disaster. You can split it by Future World/World Showcase, but I think the better bet is to split it (for lack of a better description) left side/right side. If you choose the left, you get Mission:Space, Test Track, and in World Showcase you get Mexico and Norway (among others). If you go right, you get the Land Pavilion (with Soarin' and Living with the Land) and The Seas Pavilion (with Turtle Talk) as well as the UK, Canada, and the United States in World Showcase (among others).

Animal Kingdom is can be especially good if your kids aren't so much into rides yet. Killimanjaro Safaris is very cool and is sort of a non-ride ride. The animals all around are a great draw for kids. (And with little ones, especially, it's worth the trek over to Rafiki's Planet Watch). There are excellent character-meeting opportunities in Animal Kingdom too. In addition to Camp Minnie-Mickey, we met Lilo & Stitch, Flik (from Bug's Life), and one of the apes from Tarzan. The overall atmosphere is extremely immersive and engaging - Squeaker didn't ride anything but the Safari at AK, but loved just wandering around and exploring the park. There are also good streetmosphere opportunities, with African dance the kids are invited to participate in and drums to play. The downside to Animal Kingdom is that it is notorious for feeling extra-hot on hot days. Something about all of the extra vegetation and water in this park, plus the narrower pathways, can make it stifling.

The reason I think I would ultimately lean toward Epcot is that the large, open pathways at Epcot accomodate large crowds better than any other WDW park. If you're going to be there over a holiday weekend, Epcot is likely to feel less crowded, and there will be plenty to do.

Fed needs a lot of horsepower to pull his boat. The trailer has spinners, which adds to the aerodynamic drag. :rotfl2:

OK, It’s time to take a little flack for a fellow Southerner.
May it please the court... I present Exhibit-A:
IMG_5972.jpg

This is what’s sitting in my driveway at the moment, and yes… Those are most defiantly spinners.

Let the razzing begin… :lmao:

With the age of your little ones, it's a no brainer animal kingdom!! :thumbsup2 Just avoid the bat area.. Unless you wanna explain their "boy parts" ( the bats are rather uhhm well endowed )and why they only have boys and no girls!:rotfl2:

Last time I called someone back for salary requirements I was narrowing my search!!:thumbsup2

IMG_5972.jpg

This is what’s sitting in my driveway at the moment, and yes… Those are most defiantly spinners.

I saw that truck!! It was on Amercas Most Wanted!! Do you have a beard?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That truck is great!! :thumbsup2 the only thing It's missing is a deer strapped to the hood!!:lmao::rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I hope the job comes through!

And Epcot is my absolute favorite park. That being said, if you've never ever seen AK, it's definitely worth checking out. You really can't go wrong.

IMG_5972.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well, it's not up on blocks, so you've got that going for you.

Have you guys seen all the new 40th anniversary merchandise for WDW that Disney has come out with this year? I'm really digging all of the retro logos.

Me too. I bought several items when I was there in early February. Looking forward to bringing a few more things home in early April.

DL did that last year as well, for their 55th. It's nice to see some of the old coming back on both coasts - as well as a bit more of the uniqueness factor, that used to be very prevalent throughout both resorts. It got waaaaaayyyy too homogenized for entirely too long, IMO at both destinations.

Finally I found the DIS Dads! I’m planning a trip for this October on the Dream (1st Cruise) and 4 nights at the CBR with my first MNSSHP. I’ve been a huge Disney fan from my youth, but nobody ever understood it. It all started with my Grandma in Kansas who had the Disneyland Picture Souvenir book. First thing I would do, every time I went to visit was go straight to that book and look through it for hours (sidenote: when my DG passed in ’89 my mom presented me with this treasured book and I have since shared it with my DD). Finally my parents gave in to my persistence and took me to DL in ’81. My next visit was not until my Honeymoon and my first visit to WDW. Since then, I’m sad to say the Magic left me (but still a fan) until one day at a Chucky Cheese in Amarillo of all places, while looking at their pathetic animatronics it came to me….I’ve got to take my DD to DL for her birthday, plus it was the year of Celebrations where she got in for free. I realized what I’ve been missing. Since then, I have planned how to get back and I think listening to Disney Park music all day is okay....right?

I love planning this vacation (between meetings with the Bobs) and appreciate all that the DIS Dads and the DISboards have to offer.

Dave aka Grooovertoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter