The DIS Dad's Club VI - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Congratulations to Captain_Oblivious for getting the last word on DDC V:

Nice Job Mark! And a nice dig at middlepat. Could be have a new nemesis-ness brewing?

I'm not sure that Mark's last word was totally fair. Middlepat had the last word IMO. The mod just opened up the tread for Don to get the DDCVI info on there.... :confused3

I want to file a formal complaint about the final post status on DDC-V
I think that I deserved the final post status, I had it fair and square... the re-opening of the thread was completely out of bounds. :confused3

That and I'm officially throwing down the nemesis challenge to CaptainOblivious. I'm sick of this Flyers fan, first state banner waving always picking on me. Besides, I have *Blares Horn* envy.

This looks like it could be a great battle. I can also see a possible new man law on the horizon.

Got to agree: MiddlePat got the last word.

Fact: the thread was open again this morning.

Fact: I posted a reply. It has been officially counted in my post count.

Fact: The thread is now closed again.

Therefore, I have the last word.

*BLARES HORN*

Cool! My very own nemesis! I always wanted one.

Fact: we want the Stanley Cup back. :headache:

CRUD
Looks like I missed the whole end of DDC V / creation of DDC VI. I didn't even find it until page 3.

Nice work Don!

I need to get cracking on my trip report. Once I get it wrapped up, I can finally start devoting the time to disdads.com that it deserves. And I need to do that soon, because I suspect things at work are going to be heating up soon. Since the beginning of this week I've picked up three new Willful fatality cases.

LOL! Guess what?? Even Mark lost the "Last Post" award! HAHA! Kathy took care of it :) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good point. That means that middlepat never even had the "Last Post" to begin with then. But that brings me to another issue. No offense to Kathy, but can a non-Dad actually be awarded credit for the "Last Post" in a Dad's Club thread?

*BLARES HORN*

Cool! My very own nemesis! I always wanted one.

Fact: we want the Stanley Cup back. :headache:

Just remember that its not winning or losing, its how you played the game. Oh and having a nice ring to remind you of how well you played.

front.jpg

:teeth:

Good point. That means that middlepat never even had the "Last Post" to begin with then. But that brings me to another issue. No offense to Kathy, but can a non-Dad actually be awarded credit for the "Last Post" in a Dad's Club thread?

Hmmmm... interesting scenario. Seeing how Kathy IS the admin/moderator... should she still have the same rights to a last post award? I think the judge's ruling on that is.... NO.

Now this bring up another important question... Should Mark STILL be awarded the last post award since the thread was reopened? I would think this would be similar to an overtime situation. Too bad everyone else was in the shower room...

Last post award still awarded to Mark. Congrats, Mark!

I still see my post there... :confused3

:thumbsup2

So I'm looking into dining options for our time in WDW in May next year. I'm wondering... who here has had the opportunity to enjoy the California Grill? Is it really as good as the reviews say it is?

now this bring up another important question... Should mark still be awarded the last post award since the thread was reopened? I would think this would be similar to an overtime situation. Too bad everyone else was in the shower room...

Last post award still awarded to mark. Congrats, mark!

:thumbsup2

rut roh!

So I'm looking into dining options for our time in WDW in May next year. I'm wondering... who here has had the opportunity to enjoy the California Grill? Is it really as good as the reviews say it is?

We haven't eaten there yet so I'm curious to hear the responses too. popcorn::

I think someone with a level head on their shoulders should rule in on the closing post of the DDCV. :upsidedow:upsidedow Oh never mind that would leave me out.

Got to agree: MiddlePat got the last word.

I love this nemesis stuff. Now I just have to decide which group of minions to join
(and try not to provoke someone else off the sidelines to declare war on me).
It’s a delicate thing; this nemesis business.

Well now that I’ve had a chance to look around I see that y'all really do got this place lookin’ good.
man%20cave%204%20rustic%20and%20refined.jpg

You remembered to add a space for the gearheads.
UltimateManCaveBox.jpg

And I see that Fed got his own room (nice touch)
man%20cave%203.jpg

The pool is pretty rockin' as well.
Old_Mans_Cave.jpg

Do y'all mind if I leave some of my stuff over here in the corner?
You can use it any time you're in the mood.
mancave_chrisgray_2.jpg

I like the new place!

We ate there in August and it was fantastic. It is very comparable to most high-end restaurants in my area (New York).

I had the sushi and it was superb. I think my wife had a lamb dish and she loved it. They also treated the kids great - my son has food allergies and they were very accomodating to him, as were most places at Disney. The view is unbelievable, especially for the fireworks and they pipe the music right into the restaurant. We chose to stay inside and watch from the window, but many people went outside and watched from the deck.

They made this dessert for the kids which looked like sushi. Instead of rice, they used rice krispy treats. For nori (seaweed) they used fruit roll-ups. For fish, they used swedish fish or some other gummy-type candy. For soy sauce, I think it was a chocolate dipping sauce. It was very cool and clever.

Make sure you make a reservation that lets you watch the fireworks during dessert. The wait staff will slow down your meal to make that happen if you want. Otherwise you are allowed to come back and watch the fireworks, but we just thought it was great to see the fireworks during dessert.

Our three favorite meals were California Grill, Narcoossees and Raglan Road (more for the different type of food and entertainment).

ClearScreen

One more thing, California Grill is very expensive. Our bill, which included a bottle of wine, was well over $200 (I think it was $300 actualy). My wife and I each had an appetizer, entree and dessert and the kids each had a kids' entree and dessert. For us, it was definitely worth it.

ClearSreen

We ate at California Grill about a month ago. We parked the kids at the Neverland Club and made it a Parents' Night Out. The food was very good and the view is excellent. I have to say that I didn't find the food to be spectacular, but that may have been a function of what we ordered. It did feel rather crowded for an intimate high-end dining experience. We had hoped to watch the fireworks at the MK from the observation deck, but our timing was a bit off (forgot that it was a MNSSHP night, so the fireworks start time was different) and it was chillier at night than we expected, so we decided not to wait around.

We ate there in August and it was fantastic. It is very comparable to most high-end restaurants in my area (New York).

I had the sushi and it was superb. I think my wife had a lamb dish and she loved it. They also treated the kids great - my son has food allergies and they were very accomodating to him, as were most places at Disney. The view is unbelievable, especially for the fireworks and they pipe the music right into the restaurant. We chose to stay inside and watch from the window, but many people went outside and watched from the deck.

They made this dessert for the kids which looked like sushi. Instead of rice, they used rice krispy treats. For nori (seaweed) they used fruit roll-ups. For fish, they used swedish fish or some other gummy-type candy. For soy sauce, I think it was a chocolate dipping sauce. It was very cool and clever.

Make sure you make a reservation that lets you watch the fireworks during dessert. The wait staff will slow down your meal to make that happen if you want. Otherwise you are allowed to come back and watch the fireworks, but we just thought it was great to see the fireworks during dessert.

Our three favorite meals were California Grill, Narcoossees and Raglan Road (more for the different type of food and entertainment).

ClearScreen

One more thing, California Grill is very expensive. Our bill, which included a bottle of wine, was well over $200 (I think it was $300 actualy). My wife and I each had an appetizer, entree and dessert and the kids each had a kids' entree and dessert. For us, it was definitely worth it.

ClearSreen

We ate at California Grill about a month ago. We parked the kids at the Neverland Club and made it a Parents' Night Out. The food was very good and the view is excellent. I have to say that I didn't find the food to be spectacular, but that may have been a function of what we ordered. It did feel rather crowded for an intimate high-end dining experience. We had hoped to watch the fireworks at the MK from the observation deck, but our timing was a bit off (forgot that it was a MNSSHP night, so the fireworks start time was different) and it was chillier at night than we expected, so we decided not to wait around.

Thanks for the reviews, guys! I hadn't even given the place a thought until recently. Going with the regular dining plan this next year so I had some reservations to make. DW is always on me about trying new places... so this one sounded like a good choice.
We are very early dinner eaters (5:00 normally) so eating that late isn't an option to see the fireworks. BUT...then I read the fine print that says if you dined with them earlier in the day just show the receipt and they will let you back in to the balcony. Sounds like a plan to me :)

Thanks for the reviews, guys! I hadn't even given the place a thought until recently. Going with the regular dining plan this next year so I had some reservations to make. DW is always on me about trying new places... so this one sounded like a good choice.
We are very early dinner eaters (5:00 normally) so eating that late isn't an option to see the fireworks. BUT...then I read the fine print that says if you dined with them earlier in the day just show the receipt and they will let you back in to the balcony. Sounds like a plan to me :)

Don...3 words...Liberty Tree Tavern. :thumbsup2

Found it! Nice job, Don! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Here's an update on my son: He reported to duty with the Blues yesterday morning! The first week or two are going to be tough with lots of stuff to do and learn, and long days and short nights. I sure hope he's up to it! I think he is! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter