The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would any of the Dads here be willing to volunteer one of their trip reports to be excerpted on the new DISDads website? I thought I'd just do a brief excerpt, and then link back to the full trip report here on the DIS.

Would any of the Dads here be willing to volunteer one of their trip reports to be excerpted on the new DISDads website? I thought I'd just do a brief excerpt, and then link back to the full trip report here on the DIS.

Mine was hijacked by pirates :rotfl2:

hey guys how you all doing.....

loving the new thread...page 12 already...wow.

just to let you all know that I'm sorry i am not imputing as much as i would like...an unexpected shortfall in funds needed and funds got for my wedding/holiday for sept/Oct has left me with two options....cancel the Florida trip,book a small wedding in the UK with a trip to Spain for the honeymoon or knuckle down to a few weeks of working all hours god sends me till i get it paid off.:surfweb:

i am still trying to keep up with you all and i will keep abreast of all the important things you get up to and will offer support when needed ( the standing up on the bus thread comes to mind )

i will be getting my shirt when i can get a printer to send to the uk..... and i will still be reading if not imputing as much for a few weeks.....hey but guys think on when i do get back on there will be no shutting me up ha ha

Hope everything goes well and you get the hours you need!

AJ, Just signed up, Great Site:thumbsup2:worship:

Maybe some kind of Disclaimer should be added just incase:confused3

I go and open a restaurant and miss all the fun, love the new diggs, great job Don.

Hows everyone doing! its been awhile and I am still trying to catch up.:)

You can use mine, when it gets done:rolleyes1

Wow. Go to WDW for a few days and return to a closed III and an open IV. Hope that everyone is doing well. The trip to WDW was great, and that includes the drive. Made it in exactly 10 hours down, 11 coming back. Had a little more traffic and weather to deal with on the way back. I've been thinking about a trip report, but so far no action. We've been totally busy since we've been back (work on Friday, 1 soccer and 2 baseball games yesterday) and I'm still sort of hung over from the travel, but all is well. I'll let you know when the TR has officially began. More than likely, I'll begin work on that tomorrow evening after we get back from practices (soccer, dance, etc...).

Great work on the DisDads site, AJ.

Welcome to all the new dads.

I think that Fed has been eaten by a huge bass.

Welcome back How was Old band-Aid?

I go and open a restaurant and miss all the fun, love the new diggs, great job Don.

Hows everyone doing! its been awhile and I am still trying to catch up.:)

I hope the line has been out the door!:thumbsup2

I'll volunteer any one of mine...

Links down there in the signature. :goodvibes

You're welcome to any of mine

Hey guys I'm back!:banana: It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I will eventually get to the old site to get caught up there but that may take a while. Things have been a little crazy around here the last few weeks with the baby, work, sports etc. and just have not had time for anything else. (except for a fishing trip with my oldest son :rolleyes: He caught a 37 lb striped bass). Hopefully things are going to settle down soon and we can get back to normal (whatever that is).

Don and Mark, I am going to be in your area over the next two months. Mark, I will be in Dover for the race on May and Don we are going to the Outer Banks in June.

Mark....GO PHILLIES!!!!!! What a great start to a season!

Joining the Club

Justin is my name Disney is my game. We live on the South Shore of Massachusetts, and my Wife won;t listen to Disney talk until 6 months before our trips...she's a hater sometimes. Luckily My 6 y/o brings up the conversation without my prompting. After reading the qualifications for the group, I asked my daughter what she thinks of when we say vacation and of course she promplty said Disney. Now on to being men and manly things....................BOOYAH.
Welcome! We're always here to talk, even if DW isn't.

And, as a father of 3 boys, I promise to try to raise gentlemen, complete with "car door opening" skills, and "knock-on-the-door-not-honk-from-the-car" manners.
We call that a ghetto doorbell.:lmao:

hey guys how you all doing.....

loving the new thread...page 12 already...wow.

just to let you all know that I'm sorry i am not imputing as much as i would like...an unexpected shortfall in funds needed and funds got for my wedding/holiday for sept/Oct has left me with two options....cancel the Florida trip,book a small wedding in the UK with a trip to Spain for the honeymoon or knuckle down to a few weeks of working all hours god sends me till i get it paid off.:surfweb:

i am still trying to keep up with you all and i will keep abreast of all the important things you get up to and will offer support when needed ( the standing up on the bus thread comes to mind )

i will be getting my shirt when i can get a printer to send to the uk..... and i will still be reading if not imputing as much for a few weeks.....hey but guys think on when i do get back on there will be no shutting me up ha ha

Good to hear from you! Pop in when you get the chance, but like Stopher said, take care of the family first.:thumbsup2

Both of mine are fair game too if you want.

Alright guys, I need some advice from those of you that have done a Disney Cruise. We're looking at a 4 day, because I've heard the 3s are just too short. What I need assistance on is the room. We will probably be trading DVC points for the cruise, but we don't want to break the bank there, either. How much time do you really spend in the room? Is an inside stateroom good enough if all we would do is sleep there (2 adults, 2 kids - probably 5 and 7 or so at time of sailing)? Should we upgrade to a porthole or even an veranda?
Any advice or experience that you can share would be helpful!

Joining the Club

Justin is my name Disney is my game. We live on the South Shore of Massachusetts, and my Wife won;t listen to Disney talk until 6 months before our trips...she's a hater sometimes. Luckily My 6 y/o brings up the conversation without my prompting. After reading the qualifications for the group, I asked my daughter what she thinks of when we say vacation and of course she promplty said Disney. Now on to being men and manly things....................BOOYAH.

Glad you found us! You are member # 452! :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Alright guys, I need some advice from those of you that have done a Disney Cruise. We're looking at a 4 day, because I've heard the 3s are just too short. What I need assistance on is the room. We will probably be trading DVC points for the cruise, but we don't want to break the bank there, either. How much time do you really spend in the room? Is an inside stateroom good enough if all we would do is sleep there (2 adults, 2 kids - probably 5 and 7 or so at time of sailing)? Should we upgrade to a porthole or even an veranda?

Finally something I can offer a firs thand opinion of. We were a family of 4 as you know and we had a catagory 11 stateroom. It was tight but managable. We did not have any fights or anything for a whole 7 days!!!:cool1: Anyway, We were only in the room to sleep and change clothes. However, if I had the money I would opt for at least a porthole if not a veranda! In the interior cabins there is NO way to know what time of day it is unless you look at your watch or a clock. Our wakeup call did not work the first day and we did not wake up until 9am and still thought it ws the middle of the night! So the Cat 11 is doable, but I would love to have a "view"! For a 7 might we ended up paying like 3700 or so ballpark! I just could not justify in my mind at the time the extra for the window, and still not sure I could even now when it comes to writing the check! Anycabin you stay in is a good room because you are on a cruise!!!

First of all, I agree that the 3-day is probably too short. 4 days felt just about right to us. There are a couple of 4-night cruises that include 2 stops at Castaway Cay, I believe--and I highly recommend looking into them if you can swing it.

We had a porthole room and pretty much just used it for sleeping and storing our junk. The kids and I liked having the view, and it did enable us to be able to see the fireworks when DS blew chunks all over the bed. So we had that going for us, which was nice. However, my in-laws were also funding the trip. If it was on my own dime, I'd probably do the inside stateroom just to save money. I could see spending more time on a veranda if we had it, but it's hard to justify the extra expense. You will spend 98% of your time outside the room if you're like our family. Also, I recommend taking bonine if you have any chance at coming down with seasickness. Get seasick, and you might spend a lot more time in your room. :sick:

You can use mine as well. Although it looks like you just tried out Barry's, so maybe this is a moot point!

Hey guys I'm back!:banana: It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I will eventually get to the old site to get caught up there but that may take a while. Things have been a little crazy around here the last few weeks with the baby, work, sports etc. and just have not had time for anything else. (except for a fishing trip with my oldest son :rolleyes: He caught a 37 lb striped bass). Hopefully things are going to settle down soon and we can get back to normal (whatever that is).

Don and Mark, I am going to be in your area over the next two months. Mark, I will be in Dover for the race on May and Don we are going to the Outer Banks in June.

Mark....GO PHILLIES!!!!!! What a great start to a season!

Glad to hear from you, Kevin. Hope things settle down for you soon! If you want to meet up in May, PM me here or on facebook. That'd be very cool!

And Go Phillies! :thumbsup2

More than welcome to use my TR

Ok, so I'm sitting here in tears. I just saw a trailer for the movie "Dinner for Schmucks" It has Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Zack Galifinakis in it. The funniest part about this was that the 2 main "friends" are named Tim and Barry. Couldn't help but thinking about a certain couple of Dis Dads. :lmao:
Check it out here: http://www.dinnerforschmucks.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest