The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining the Club

Justin is my name Disney is my game. We live on the South Shore of Massachusetts, and my Wife won;t listen to Disney talk until 6 months before our trips...she's a hater sometimes. Luckily My 6 y/o brings up the conversation without my prompting. After reading the qualifications for the group, I asked my daughter what she thinks of when we say vacation and of course she promplty said Disney. Now on to being men and manly things....................BOOYAH.

Joining the Club

Justin is my name Disney is my game. We live on the South Shore of Massachusetts, and my Wife won;t listen to Disney talk until 6 months before our trips...she's a hater sometimes. Luckily My 6 y/o brings up the conversation without my prompting. After reading the qualifications for the group, I asked my daughter what she thinks of when we say vacation and of course she promplty said Disney. Now on to being men and manly things....................BOOYAH.

Welcome to the club.:thumbsup2:cool1:

Joining the Club

welcome to the club!!:thumbsup2

Great job on the Web site, Aaron! Thanks!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Can we add member photos?

I'm working on getting an image gallery plugin integrated into the site. Depending on how much time I get to work on it today, I may have it up and running tonight.

Wow. Go to WDW for a few days and return to a closed III and an open IV. Hope that everyone is doing well. The trip to WDW was great, and that includes the drive. Made it in exactly 10 hours down, 11 coming back. Had a little more traffic and weather to deal with on the way back. I've been thinking about a trip report, but so far no action. We've been totally busy since we've been back (work on Friday, 1 soccer and 2 baseball games yesterday) and I'm still sort of hung over from the travel, but all is well. I'll let you know when the TR has officially began. More than likely, I'll begin work on that tomorrow evening after we get back from practices (soccer, dance, etc...).

Great work on the DisDads site, AJ.

Welcome to all the new dads.

I think that Fed has been eaten by a huge bass.

I'm working on getting an image gallery plugin integrated into the site. Depending on how much time I get to work on it today, I may have it up and running tonight.

I'll be happy to share any images I have from my trips to the image gallery.

Joining the Club

Welcome! Glad you found us:cool1:

i didn't quote the pics, because they take up tons of space, but 1971? My parents got married in 1971.
OK.
Disdads.com web hosting is set up. A base WordPress install is in place. I've found a theme that I think will work. It's not perfect, but it'll get us started. If any of you fellow Dads have graphics skills, I'd love any contributions you might come up with.

It will take a while for DNS to propagate such that the site will be viewable by domain name. In the meantime, I can go ahead and get Email addresses set up. If anyone wants a disdads.com Email address, just send me a PM. I'll post the mail server information/instructions once the site is live. But I have to set up Email accounts one at a time, so the sooner I can start, the sooner I'll be finished.

I'll start adding content as soon as the site goes live. If anyone here would like to be a contributing author of the site, just let me know and I can set up author credentials for you.

You can see a sample of the theme that I'm planning to install here - http://demo.camelgraph.com/disneymagic/
I think this is great. If there's a way to log posts under specific categories on the website, while remaining in the flow on the DIS boards, that'd be super. (so, the Magical Moment posts or picture posts could roll into their sub-categories on disdads.com? I don't know if this is possible, but I would be cool if it was.)

DUDE!! I am soooo excited to see this! As Mark was saying, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a web site for the Dad's club, but I'm not totally a web guy (I'm a database guy).
I just learned 2 weeks ago from a database guy that those were different. But, to the majority, they aren't. (Just so you know). I know a guy whose specaility is virtualization. I REALLY tried to listen to what he was telling me, but lost it after, "well, let me try to explain.":rotfl:

So today we had 14 girls here for Mary's (DD#1) b-day party. We did tie-dye shirts, had pizza & cake and then the girls all headed downstairs for a "sleep-under".

All I can say is I'm eternally thankful for the great weather we had today, we were able to let the kids run around the yard while DW and I each helped a kid dye their shirt.

DW is currently passed out on the couch and I'm officially brain dead. Not quite sure what we were thinking, but all the kids seemed to have a great time.
If your DD's b-day party didn't end with someone there getting stitches, it's a one-up on the party we had for DS7 a few weeks back. :appropriate emoticon?:

OK - we're live. It's just bare bones so far. I made the first post, and have begun posting some of the info from our thread intros. If you're interested in participating regularly (or in making my job easier when you want to post comments) go ahead and register with the website (preferably using your DISboards user name). Registration is a little non-intuitive. Go to http://www.disdads.com and click the Login link at the bottom right of the page. Then, instead of trying to log in, click the link to Register. Once you're registered, you'll be able to login.

Initially, everyone who registered will listed as a subscriber. Anyone who wants to be able to write blog posts, just let me know and I'll elevate credentials to Author.
I copies this here to make sure it was on the last post of the thread.
go, disdads.com!

And, as a father of 3 boys, I promise to try to raise gentlemen, complete with "car door opening" skills, and "knock-on-the-door-not-honk-from-the-car" manners.

And even if "nugget" is a girl, I likely won't do the gun-cleaning thing. She'll have 3 older brothers! :lmao:

I found a photo gallery plugin that is looking promising. I need to see if I can find an add-on that will simplify members uploading their own photos. Right now, I've created what I'm calling the "Rogues Gallery" page, as a repository for member photos. A familiar friend is acting as a placeholder for now.

Also, I thought I'd share the current list of post categories that I've set up. I can certainly add/delete/edit any of these:
  • Being a Dis Dad (this could include anything from Magical Moments to Disney interactions with our kids, etc.)
  • Disney Movie Trivia
  • Disney Travel Tips
  • Disney Trip Planning
  • MAN LAW
  • Non-Disney Travel
  • WDW/Disneyland Trivia

Hey Aaron the site's looking great!

I have some links and other content I'd like to add as well... how can I go about doing that?

And even if "nugget" is a girl, I likely won't do the gun-cleaning thing. She'll have 3 older brothers! :lmao:

Mine has her own backup, the herd she hangs out with. If you are a boy and diss one of the girls, the others will pounce with vengence.

Hey Aaron the site's looking great!

I have some links and other content I'd like to add as well... how can I go about doing that?

stopher - I updated you to "Author" status, which will allow you to write blog posts. If you want to add links, I think the best way to do that for now is to Email or PM the links to me, and I'll add them. For photos, that's a work in progress. I've got a gallery added, but I need to find the right extensions to/settings for the gallery software to get it looking the way I want it before we have a bunch of photos uploaded.

stopher - I updated you to "Author" status, which will allow you to write blog posts. If you want to add links, I think the best way to do that for now is to Email or PM the links to me, and I'll add them. For photos, that's a work in progress. I've got a gallery added, but I need to find the right extensions to/settings for the gallery software to get it looking the way I want it before we have a bunch of photos uploaded.

Ok. I'll play with it more later tonight or tomorrow... getting ready to go bike riding with the kids in a few. But thanks. I'll send you a message with the links I'd like. So far so good though - it's looking really cool.

Oh yeah - and I just heard from KTME (Kevin). Says it's been really busy/stressful in his world lately, but he says hi to everyone. He'll check in soon when we can.

Well, a few more Photo's in the Bucket are Titled, Described, and arranged...one of these days they will all get done.

Joining the Club

You can get all the Disney talk here that you could possibly want! :thumbsup2

GREAT!

Wow. Go to WDW for a few days and return to a closed III and an open IV. Hope that everyone is doing well. The trip to WDW was great, and that includes the drive. Made it in exactly 10 hours down, 11 coming back. Had a little more traffic and weather to deal with on the way back. I've been thinking about a trip report, but so far no action. We've been totally busy since we've been back (work on Friday, 1 soccer and 2 baseball games yesterday) and I'm still sort of hung over from the travel, but all is well. I'll let you know when the TR has officially began. More than likely, I'll begin work on that tomorrow evening after we get back from practices (soccer, dance, etc...).

Great work on the DisDads site, AJ.

Welcome to all the new dads.

I think that Fed has been eaten by a huge bass.
Welcome back! FED, where are you?! :confused3

i didn't quote the pics, because they take up tons of space, but 1971? My parents got married in 1971.
Yep, I'm a Pop Pop so I'm one of the elder statesmen of our club. I went into the Navy in '71 at age 20. My DW and I got married in January '76; had kids in December '76; August '78; and March '82. We made our first WDW trip in '90. We had our first DGD in 2006; our first DGS in 2009; and our second DGD in 2009. Life is good! :cool1:

hey guys how you all doing.....

loving the new thread...page 12 already...wow.

just to let you all know that I'm sorry i am not imputing as much as i would like...an unexpected shortfall in funds needed and funds got for my wedding/holiday for sept/Oct has left me with two options....cancel the Florida trip,book a small wedding in the UK with a trip to Spain for the honeymoon or knuckle down to a few weeks of working all hours god sends me till i get it paid off.:surfweb:

i am still trying to keep up with you all and i will keep abreast of all the important things you get up to and will offer support when needed ( the standing up on the bus thread comes to mind )

i will be getting my shirt when i can get a printer to send to the uk..... and i will still be reading if not imputing as much for a few weeks.....hey but guys think on when i do get back on there will be no shutting me up ha ha

just to let you all know that I'm sorry i am not imputing as much as i would like...an unexpected shortfall in funds needed and funds got for my wedding/holiday for sept/Oct has left me with two options....cancel the Florida trip,book a small wedding in the UK with a trip to Spain for the honeymoon or knuckle down to a few weeks of working all hours god sends me till i get it paid off.:surfweb:

No worries! Dads do what dads need to do. We totally get it. Pop by when you get a chance - til then - hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter