The DIS Book Club Discussion Group: Round 2 - The Help

I'm going to pick this book up wednesday. I am looking forward to joining the discussion :goodvibes

Read it a couple of months ago...the first 'paper' book I read since getting my Kindle in Nov. I loved it and I'll go back and refresh my memory if needed and I can't wait to start reading the discussion!

I am really excited about this choice, I have heard great things about it! I actually ordered from Amazon when I ordered Pirate Latitudes so that worked out well! It was the next book on my list of things to read.

Okay, this time I'm going to participate. I got the Pirate Latitudes, but was finishing the Outlander series, so never got to it in time. I was about to start the PL, but now that I see that you're already starting on "The Help" I'll skip Pirate Latitudes & read this one. :)

Hi All!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone as doing with obtaining a copy of the novel. It has been confirmed that both Borders and Barnes & Noble has it on sale for 30%off. It is also available for the Kindle, Nook, and on audio.

I have posted our first reading deadlines in the original post. Now let's get started!! :)

Happy reading, ya'll (that was a Jersey girl's attempt at being southern lol)!

Nikki

I have two chapters down. I wish I was not so tired so I could read longer in the evening.

As soon as I get the girls settled for the evening Chapter 3 is calling me!

Hi All!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone as doing with obtaining a copy of the novel. It has been confirmed that both Borders and Barnes & Noble has it on sale for 30%off. It is also available for the Kindle, Nook, and on audio.

I have posted our first reading deadlines in the original post. Now let's get started!! :)

Happy reading, ya'll (that was a Jersey girl's attempt at being southern lol)!

Nikki

I got the book today. going to start reading tomorrow.. also I went to a live taping of The View today. during one of the commerical breaks a member in the audience asked Whoopi when her next movie would be..she said she was in talks to do a part from the book "the help"

I got the book today. going to start reading tomorrow.. also I went to a live taping of The View today. during one of the commerical breaks a member in the audience asked Whoopi when her next movie would be..she said she was in talks to do a part from the book "the help"

Whoopi would be fan-freaking-tastic in this movie.

I think this is an excellent choice for a discussion.

I have finished this book and it's fresh in my mind because of how wonderful it was.

This book had me Googling and reading passages to John.

Hi Nikki & everyone....would like to join in on this discussions. I missed the first one. I will have the book in my paws by this weekend.

Can't wait!

Kelly

I downloaded it from ITunes and have chaper 1 done... So glad to join you all this time around!!

Oh! I have been meaning to read this! I didn't join the first time, but I intend to with this one. I'm going to have to get it soon so I don't fall behind! I really should have checked for this thread before today. Oops!

it was almost 90 degrees today and I sat outside and read 150 pages of the book. what a great pick! I am really enjoying it..looking forward to the discussion.

This was one of the first books I downloaded onto my Kindle - it is absolutely wonderful! Looking forward to the discussion! :goodvibes

Arg!!!!! I can't join this one! There are 25 people ahead of me in the library hold and I can't afford to buy it. Oh poop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter