The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip:Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

The other kids finally headed over and got their chance to say hello to the Ewok. Chewie was feeling a bit left out.:sad1:
DSC00468.jpg

I told Wendy to give a little Wookie Love and so she did.
DSC00469.jpg

Image063.jpg

You’ll notice, however, that Michael was not giving up his death grip on that Ewok. He never even came close to Chewbaca.
Image066.jpg

Image068.jpg

DH and I hopped in for a family shot, one of my favorites of the trip.:goodvibes:goodvibes
Image072.jpg

Image073.jpg

Michael said his farewell to the Ewok:love:
DSC00471.jpg

As we walked away I said, “I know what Michael’s favorite thing of the day was.” Michael replied, “Not for the day Mommy. That was my favorite thing of my whole life!” I tell you Disney Magic is real:wizard:

With the only must do of our entire trip accomplished, what should we do now? Let’s go look for Mickey of course! We found him and hopped into his line. The CM told us he would be leaving in a few minutes and Goofy and Donald would be coming out. The boys were happy about that because they found it hilarious that Darth Goofy forgot his pants! Here they come!
DSC00472.jpg

The boys point and laugh, of course. Wendy says she isn’t getting anywhere near some guy that isn’t wearing pants. Good girl Wendy!:thumbsup2 You remember that for at least the next 15 years! Goofy and Donald were full of antics and the line slowed down dramatically. It wasn’t too long until we realized we weren’t going to meet them either. John really wanted pictures with them so we snapped these.
DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

Just a side note here: I really wish they would set up this character meet n greet like they do the one in Epcot. Wait in one line (preferably in air conditioning) and meet all the characters at once. There were people all around us who were back hoping to pick up that last character and it was almost a crap shoot about who you’d end up meeting.

Anyway, after 15 minutes or so of Goofy and Donald’s antics this lovely lady showed up.
DSC00477.jpg

Wendy was very happy because this is who she wanted to meet in the first place. Darth Goofy and Stormtrooper Donald bid us all farewell.
DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

Would we actually get to meet Minnie or would we get Mickey after all?

I love your family pictures with the Ewok and Wookie too.:thumbsup2

Way to go Wendy for give Chewie his Wookie love AND staying away from men with no pants!:rotfl:

Wonder who you'll see next?

Ok, links. There may be a better way, but this is how I was taught. First, go to the post you want to link to. Right click on the post number in the upper right corner. The last option is properties. Click on it and some info comes up including the URL number. Highlight the URL then right click on that portion and click on copy. Next, go to your first post and hit edit. Go to the spot in your post where you want the links to go then click on the insert link icon, it looks like a globe with a paperclip. A box will open up. Hit backspace to erase the http: that is highlighted and then right click in the box and click paste. The URL will be written twice in your post now, with the second one highlighted. If you want to name your post, then hit backspace to erase the second copy of the URL and type in what you want.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have trouble.:thumbsup2

Ok, links. There may be a better way, but this is how I was taught. First, go to the post you want to link to. Right click on the post number in the upper right corner. The last option is properties. Click on it and some info comes up including the URL number. Highlight the URL then right click on that portion and click on copy. Next, go to your first post and hit edit. Go to the spot in your post where you want the links to go then click on the insert link icon, it looks like a globe with a paperclip. A box will open up. Hit backspace to erase the http: that is highlighted and then right click in the box and click paste. The URL will be written twice in your post now, with the second one highlighted. If you want to name your post, then hit backspace to erase the second copy of the URL and type in what you want.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have trouble.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the technical advice. It worked great. Now my TR is user friendly:thumbsup2

Aww, poor left out Chewie! That was nice of Wendy to give him some attention.

That is an adorable shot of all of you! A great keepsake of this trip. :goodvibes

Oh I remember that crazy line with the Star Wars Mickey, etc. that kept changing... I remember us timing it to meet the ones we wanted to. That would be GREAT if they did it like the Epcot one! You should email them that suggestion.

:)

I LOVE the theme for your TR! Your family is adorable. You made me LAUGH with your concern over Wendy missing Eeyore outweighing your concern over the lost tooth and accompanying blood. Too funny!

Your little boy's face in those Ewok pictures is just priceless. The best thing of his whole life, indeed!

Can't wait to read more :)

Oh I remember that crazy line with the Star Wars Mickey, etc. that kept changing... I remember us timing it to meet the ones we wanted to. That would be GREAT if they did it like the Epcot one! You should email them that suggestion.

I'm sure they've considered it and there must be a reason they don't do it. Maybe staffing or something. Who knows:confused3

I LOVE the theme for your TR! Your family is adorable. You made me LAUGH with your concern over Wendy missing Eeyore outweighing your concern over the lost tooth and accompanying blood. Too funny!

Your little boy's face in those Ewok pictures is just priceless. The best thing of his whole life, indeed!

Can't wait to read more :)

:Welcome: and thanks for the compliments. The whole tooth thing is pretty funny and just yesterday DS4 was talking about the best thing in his life "so far". Yep, it was the Ewok hug:goodvibes

We made it to the front of the line and the character we finally got to meet (after about 35 minutes of waiting) was

Image076.jpg

Image078.jpg

Image082.jpg

Image083.jpg

Image084.jpg

You’ll notice that only Wendy and I are in the pictures. The boys were being little stinkers and refusing to meet the “girl one” even if she is a mouse.:rolleyes:

The plan now was to go over and try to catch the last Jedi Training show with the hope that we would have a good spot for the Hyperspace Hoopla that began shortly thereafter. We headed over, but the area was already pretty packed. The kids couldn’t see anything, so DH decided a ride on Star Tours was a better idea. Star Tours and me don’t always get along :sick: and Wendy had no interest so we decided to skip it. We sent the boys off and I scoped out the area for a potential viewing spot for Hyperspace Hoopla. I found a spot on the curb right by the Star Tours fastpass entrance area. The CM’s had to keep the area clear so no people could stand directly in front of us and we were up on the curb. I figured it would be the best we’d get and settled in for the wait. Wendy wasn’t too happy about it, but she sucked it up and settled in too. As we were waiting we saw this little fellow roll by
DSC00481.jpg

We watched the Jedi Training, and Wendy actually thought it looked pretty cool. We were planning on trying to get the boys chosen later in the week. Wendy thought it was fun to watch, but didn’t want to try it. Pretty soon the boys were back from Star Tours and everyone gave it a :thumbsup2 They squeezed into our spot and the areas all around filled up, but the area right in front of us stay cleared. We ended up with an OK view, though the kids had trouble seeing. No decent pictures, but if you want to see the show it’s on You Tube. It’s really quite amusing. Anyway, as the action was going on onstage, there were also lots of characters mingling with the crowd. I saw this guy and Michael and I bolted over.

DSC00483.jpg

Another Ewok hug. Can you believe it? This Ewok loved Michael’s shirt.

DSC00484.jpg

We headed back to our spot and I spotted another character in the crowd. This time I grabbed John.

DSC00486.jpg

It’s Jango Fett (I only know this because John told me so.)

We found this cantina guy in the crowd and did a little dancing with him.
DSC00487.jpg

And then the Hyperspace Hoopla was over. DH had Michael on his shoulders and they went off into the crowd to retrieve the stroller. Too bad because while they were gone we met this guy.

DSC00493.jpg

When Michael saw the picture he didn’t feel too bad because he’d met Wicket (his favorite Ewok) and this isn’t Wicket. Plus, Wendy and John actually were able to get close to an Ewok. An opportunity they never had when Michael was around.:goodvibes

Next Up: Will we make our 7:30 ADR?

Love all the SW character pics! Minnie Leia is so pretty is her white dress! I can't believe how many characters were walking around right before the Hoopla. I decided to skip that show, mostly because it was so crowded and I didn't think my boys would be able to see anything. Sounds like you found a great spot by the curb!!!

I have been reading your trip report. It sounds like a great trip so far. I love how brave your little on is. Both my kids are very timid about rides, my daughter, who is 13, is finally coming around. In fact, TOT is her favorite ride. My son, 6, has got a LONG way to go. I have already started telling him that on our next trip, everything that I think he can handle, he is riding. We may have a few tears but I know he will end up liking most things. I am mean like that anyway.

Holy Star Wars...what an update!! You met EWOKS YAY...I love Ewoks!! My very favorite episode of Star wars is #6 Return of the Jedi...just adore it!!! It looks like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more!! Some of those pictures are just ADORABLE!

Oh my heck, my brother was OBSESSED with Boba Fett as a kid. If he would have met him, or any of his relatives, he probably would have wet himself.:rotfl:

I love the picture of you girls with Minnie Leia. She would have been my top pick, but poor John and Michael.:laughing:

Those are wonderful SW pictures! I so wish they had kept SWW all the weekends in June because my DS would've loved to see all those characters.

Love all the SW character pics! Minnie Leia is so pretty is her white dress! I can't believe how many characters were walking around right before the Hoopla. I decided to skip that show, mostly because it was so crowded and I didn't think my boys would be able to see anything. Sounds like you found a great spot by the curb!!!
It was probably a smart move for you to skip the Hoopla. The kids really didn't see much of the show, though it was fun to mingle with the characters in the crowd.

I have been reading your trip report. It sounds like a great trip so far. I love how brave your little on is. Both my kids are very timid about rides, my daughter, who is 13, is finally coming around. In fact, TOT is her favorite ride. My son, 6, has got a LONG way to go. I have already started telling him that on our next trip, everything that I think he can handle, he is riding. We may have a few tears but I know he will end up liking most things. I am mean like that anyway.
:welcome: My 2 older kids are quite timid as well, especially DS 7. My DD is slowly coming around. Our youngest though seems to have no fear! It is lots of fun, but I can see how it could get him in trouble someday.

Holy Star Wars...what an update!! You met EWOKS YAY...I love Ewoks!! My very favorite episode of Star wars is #6 Return of the Jedi...just adore it!!! It looks like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more!! Some of those pictures are just ADORABLE!
Episode 6 is DS4's favorite too. Everytime he watches the Ewok's battle, he laughs hysterically:lmao: It can't help but make me smile:goodvibes

Oh my heck, my brother was OBSESSED with Boba Fett as a kid. If he would have met him, or any of his relatives, he probably would have wet himself.:rotfl:

I love the picture of you girls with Minnie Leia. She would have been my top pick, but poor John and Michael.:laughing:
I didn't really know who Boba Fett was. (In fact I think I spelled him name wrong:rotfl:) but apparently he is cool. I was happy to meet Minnie Leia too and the boys seem to think they met Goofy and Donald so it all worked out.

Those are wonderful SW pictures! I so wish they had kept SWW all the weekends in June because my DS would've loved to see all those characters.
We actually changed our vacation dates when they changed the schedule. It is kind of a bummer. Maybe they will change it back to all June next year.

Great SW pics!! Poor Chewie in your first picture.:rotfl: The family shot turned out really nice:goodvibes and you found more Ewoks!! Yay!!:yay: Can't wait for more.....

We had a 7:30 ADR at Mama Melrose and we were cutting it close. We checked in and only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. This was a new restaurant for all of us and we liked it. The food wasn’t particularly memorable (I had some sort of pasta), but it was fine. It was a quiet, relaxed atmosphere which was nice after the busyness of our day. I don’t think it’s a destination restaurant by any means, but I wouldn’t be opposed to eating there again sometime. After dinner the park had really cleared out. We decided to explore some more of the Star Wars areas now that all of the people had left.
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

Those storm troopers are pretty scary stuff:rotfl:

It had been a full day so we headed out of the park. We decided to walk back to the Beach Club to see how long it took. It was a nice walk along the water and the Boardwalk. It took about 20 minutes. Once we got back to the room, Wendy started begging to watch Bedtime Stories on the beach. I agreed to go out with her for a few minutes. The boys climbed in bed and fell asleep almost immediately while Wendy and I headed to the beach. It was beautiful there. Again, my camera isn’t great (or maybe it's the photographer) but the view across the water is breathtaking.
DSC00502.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

While we were watching the movie, Illuminations was going in Epcot. I kicked my shoes off, dug my toes into the softest sand anywhere and watched the fireworks. I think this is what heaven is like:cloud9: Though I would have liked to stay for the whole movie, I knew we had an early start the next day so we headed back inside. Another wonderful day at Disney in the books.:wizard:

Up next: More Star Wars Weekend

While we were watching the movie, Illuminations was going in Epcot. I kicked my shoes off, dug my toes into the softest sand anywhere and watched the fireworks. I think this is what heaven is like:cloud9: Though I would have liked to stay for the whole movie, I knew we had an early start the next day so we headed back inside. Another wonderful day at Disney in the books.:wizard:

Ahhh. Those moments are what vacations to Disney are all about.:goodvibes We never did make it to the movie on the beach or the campfire.:sad2:

Oh my word, my son would have loved to been on vacation with you guys. He absolutely loves anything Star Wars. Disney and Star Wars???? He would have been in heaven!

We thought about making an ADR at Mama Melrose's and now I'm glad I didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter