The countdown to POP Century - September 2011!!!!

Woot! we're gonna have a good time! I'll be there from the 23rd - the 29th : ) with my 3 sisters. Im celebrating turning 40 ( tho in May but so what lol) and another sister this is her first time there! First time vacation with just us sisters and no kids or hubbies. YES

Got you added!! I just turned 40 in June also :eek: Wasn't ready for it at all.

Getting so close I can practically taste it! We will be there from the 2nd thru the 10th. Anybody else that will be there that week want to meet up for a cocktail at Petals?

Would love to meet up with some of you. We usually don't take afternoon breaks though. Maybe we will see some of you around. I hope to put some sort of sign in my window (something that includes my user name Mrs. Grumpy) and then I have my DIS button I ordered from the other Sept. thread that I will have on my bag somewhere.

Just got Mickey mail!!! One of three came today. First set of ME vouchers for our room only. Our FD packaged starts the next day. :dance3:

I can't wait to get the Mickey mail. Makes it seem so real.

Woot! we're gonna have a good time! I'll be there from the 23rd - the 29th : ) with my 3 sisters. Im celebrating turning 40 ( tho in May but so what lol) and another sister this is her first time there! First time vacation with just us sisters and no kids or hubbies. YES

Awesome! Hope you have a fantastic time. :woohoo:

Got you added!! I just turned 40 in June also :eek: Wasn't ready for it at all.

Would love to meet up with some of you. We usually don't take afternoon breaks though. Maybe we will see some of you around. I hope to put some sort of sign in my window (something that includes my user name Mrs. Grumpy) and then I have my DIS button I ordered from the other Sept. thread that I will have on my bag somewhere.

I can't wait to get the Mickey mail. Makes it seem so real.

Sounds good. We usually go back to the pool in the evening as well. I'll try and remember to pick up some lime green mickey ears. Looks like we are getting there on the same day as you, we should run into each other at some point in time. We are staying preferred and requested the 60s poolside.

PLR Concepts has one entitled WDW Countdown that I have on my iPhone. It gives you the options of a lot of different background pics, including resort specific ones, and lets you customize the surrounding colors and text. Welcome to the addiction, the iPhone is my favorite toy ever!:banana:

Cool! I'm gonna look for that one! I have the park maps and wait times and such on my iphone, but haven't seen a countdown app!! Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

I bought a button still waiting on it to arrive in the mail, and made a little sign to put in my window.
DIS.jpg

I also bought some tote bags w/lime green Mickey on clearance. Was gonna use those to carry our stuff to the pool. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Sounds good. We usually go back to the pool in the evening as well. I'll try and remember to pick up some lime green mickey ears. Looks like we are getting there on the same day as you, we should run into each other at some point in time. We are staying preferred and requested the 60s poolside.

We didn't put in any room requests this trip. We arrive on the 4th (I think my countdown ticker might be off one day because we were originally arriving the 3rd. Can't remember if I changed it or not).

I bought a button still waiting on it to arrive in the mail, and made a little sign to put in my window.
DIS.jpg

I also bought some tote bags w/lime green Mickey on clearance. Was gonna use those to carry our stuff to the pool. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

I will look for you sign!

We are doing the parks on the following days:
9/4 - EP (maybe) then MK for EMH
9/5 - MK
9/6 - EP
9/7 - AK
9/8 - MK
9/9 - HS
9/10 - EP
9/11 - AK then HS or MK
9/12 - HS
9/13 - MK and MNSSHP!!

9/14 - Going home :sad1:

We didn't put in any room requests this trip. We arrive on the 4th (I think my countdown ticker might be off one day because we were originally arriving the 3rd. Can't remember if I changed it or not).

Our only room request is a King room, otherwise do not really care about location, just glad to be on vacation.

I will look for your sign!

Do you decorate too? I love the creativity that flows on the DIS boards.

We are doing the parks on the following days:
9/4 - EP (maybe) then MK for EMH
9/5 - MK
9/6 - EP
9/7 - AK
9/8 - MK
9/9 - HS
9/10 - EP
9/11 - AK then HS or MK
9/12 - HS
9/13 - MK and MNSSHP!!

9/14 - Going home :sad1:

9/8 - HS for RP, then dinner & ??? (EPCOT or MK monorail tour)
9/9 - EP (Tokyo Dining & EMH)
9/10- AK then Boma
9/11 - MK then home :sad1:

Going back end of Oct/start of Nov for weekday trip for F&W
then going back at end of Jan for anniversary. Love those AP!!

Getting ready to make more mickey tie dye shirts. I think I will have enough made to wear one everyday of the trip. :thumbsup2

I am think the shirt I make will be specifically a pool cover-up, with Mickey head and my DIS name on it. And maybe Tink on it too.

We are doing the tyedye shirts also. Not sure how many. Would love to hear how yours turn out. Not very crafty but my dd is or I wouldnt be doing any.

We are doing the tyedye shirts also. Not sure how many. Would love to hear how yours turn out. Not very crafty but my dd is or I wouldnt be doing any.

Here is one of the colors I did. Did one for me and a couple for a friend.

DSC01571.jpg

Those turned out great! Did you use a bleach pen, or did you just have really tight rubber banding? :thumbsup2 The bleach pen is my BFF on these shirts!:rotfl:

I actually don't rubberband mine under the Mickey head. I sew the head in and then I outline with the bleach.

I am so excited! What costumes are you wearing to MNSSHP? Wine & Dine half?

we're doing an Alice In Wonderland theme - dh is Mad Hatter, me Alice Hatter, dd & ddbff Tweedle dee & dum, dnephew is caterpillar, dsis playing card... should be fun...

we're doing an Alice In Wonderland theme - dh is Mad Hatter, me Alice Hatter, dd & ddbff Tweedle dee & dum, dnephew is caterpillar, dsis playing card... should be fun...

I don't know if my DH and I will dress up. I tried getting my DD to do Mickey Mouseclub with us but no go. I talked about by saying next yr since she knows we are cruising Disney again next yr and always do MNSSHP before we get on the ship. So it looks like they will be punk pirates....I will do their
make up similar to the pirate league but without the cost. I do her makeup for competition dance so I am sure I can handle what they do, which seems like nothing. I love your idea though Julie!!

I started packing last night...I think I will fit the whole week into 2 checked pieces. I will bring one carry on with meds, camera and gifts for our personal gift exchange with friends!! and one carry on with a couple days of clothes in case our luggage is lost. We have a lay-over in DC which could lead to my luggage heading to Germany!! So I will have 3 days of clothes in my carry on. then a bag of homework and snacks for the plane. Anyhow, yes I have started the packing...I put all the sunscreen, shower supplies, dollar store toothbrushes, sponges(we don't do washclothes) and all our meds....I pack alot so I don't have to go get it, no car and all and I have what we use in our home.

Ok another thing---We have Epcot planned on Friday--1st day of F&W. :scared1: I wanna do it cause I never have but I live in a tourist trap(Cedar POint) and I don't wanna end up in a park on the worst day when I can choose a different park that will be less busy...any thoughts. ?? I am not saying I will switch, but I need some thoughts. I have ressie's and changing would cause me issues but I just need my DIS family's thoughts!!!:thumbsup2

I don't know if my DH and I will dress up. I tried getting my DD to do Mickey Mouseclub with us but no go. I talked about by saying next yr since she knows we are cruising Disney again next yr and always do MNSSHP before we get on the ship. So it looks like they will be punk pirates....I will do their
make up similar to the pirate league but without the cost. I do her makeup for competition dance so I am sure I can handle what they do, which seems like nothing. I love your idea though Julie!!

I started packing last night...I think I will fit the whole week into 2 checked pieces. I will bring one carry on with meds, camera and gifts for our personal gift exchange with friends!! and one carry on with a couple days of clothes in case our luggage is lost. We have a lay-over in DC which could lead to my luggage heading to Germany!! So I will have 3 days of clothes in my carry on. then a bag of homework and snacks for the plane. Anyhow, yes I have started the packing...I put all the sunscreen, shower supplies, dollar store toothbrushes, sponges(we don't do washclothes) and all our meds....I pack alot so I don't have to go get it, no car and all and I have what we use in our home.

Ok another thing---We have Epcot planned on Friday--1st day of F&W. :scared1: I wanna do it cause I never have but I live in a tourist trap(Cedar POint) and I don't wanna end up in a park on the worst day when I can choose a different park that will be less busy...any thoughts. ?? I am not saying I will switch, but I need some thoughts. I have ressie's and changing would cause me issues but I just need my DIS family's thoughts!!!:thumbsup2

We did f&w last year the first day and it was a Friday. Never ever again. We couldn't even enjoy it. All the food places were mobed and it was so busy around the world showcase. It was sholder to sholder is some places. Just not for us.

The girls' tweedle dee & dum costumes are kinda punky too - white tank, black skirt with white crinoline fringe - shirts will say "I'm with her"... pig tails with black, white & red ribbons, black & white striped knee socks (if i can find some - might have to make)

started packing too - hard to do with dd around most of the time I'm home and try to keep it a surprise - we are "trying" to stick with one checked but are prepared to do a second if necessary. Then carryon for each of us plus small back packs for girls, laptop bag, and a shoulder bag for me... trying to not overpack but don't want to forget things either... dd is almost set - just need a couple shorts but hard to take stuff she still needs...

we have Epcot scheduled for the Friday too with Akershus booked for breakfast... don't want to change cause doubt I would get another res for 11 any other day... hubby also is adamant about going to f&w so think we'll have to just brave crowds... can always start in countries in morning and go to the other areas in the afternoon - might be less busy...

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter