The countdown to POP Century - September 2011!!!!

POPping back! We'll be there Sept. 14th-21st. I read the whole thread and can hardly believe that it start in 2010. Well done to Mrs.Grumpy and all those that have kept it up!

I am staying at POP 8/31-9/6, can anyone tell me if it will be SUPER busy because of labor day?!

Got you added! We will also be there part of Labor Day weekend. Can answer your question because we normally go a week or two later. From what I hear though Labor Day doesn't increase crowds that much. Still one of the slowest times of year.

POPping back! We'll be there Sept. 14th-21st. I read the whole thread and can hardly believe that it start in 2010. Well done to Mrs.Grumpy and all those that have kept it up!

Got you added! I would start a "Countdown to Pop September 2013" if I thought I would have some takers this early. It has been fun doing the list and seeing it grow. Got off to a slow start. I started the other 2011 trip thread back in Sept. 2009 right after we got back.

Courtesy of a long series of events, we were able to rebook our airfare using the SWA sale this week, change our dates slightly, stay one night longer, keep our free dining promo, and still come out $100 ahead of where we were! Wohooooo!
:goodvibes:

New dates: Sept 10-17th, and I can't wait!
:banana::banana::banana:

Best part of all? I had been calling twice a week trying in vain to get a Momma Melrose Fantasmic package for the one night it's running while we were supposed to be there. No joy. After rebooking it all, the CS agent offered to transfer me to dining to see about any bookings we needed changed. First thing I tried was MMFP, and she got me one, even at my perferred time! :dance3:

These new dates must have just been meant to be.

92 days !!!!!!

Is anyone who is going Sept 24th-Oct 1st week have any plans for meeting for drinks by the pool??

I was thinking maybe Sept 26th(Mon) We have 1900 late dinner(6:50) but figure some late nt maybe 9 by the pool for a bit would be fun!!! ANy takers?

I will take you up on that offer!!!!!;)

Courtesy of a long series of events, we were able to rebook our airfare using the SWA sale this week, change our dates slightly, stay one night longer, keep our free dining promo, and still come out $100 ahead of where we were! Wohooooo!
:goodvibes:

New dates: Sept 10-17th, and I can't wait!
:banana::banana::banana:

Best part of all? I had been calling twice a week trying in vain to get a Momma Melrose Fantasmic package for the one night it's running while we were supposed to be there. No joy. After rebooking it all, the CS agent offered to transfer me to dining to see about any bookings we needed changed. First thing I tried was MMFP, and she got me one, even at my perferred time! :dance3:

These new dates must have just been meant to be.

:thumbsup2 Got your dates changed.

10 weeks from today for me!!!!!!

92 days !!!!!!

Is anyone who is going Sept 24th-Oct 1st week have any plans for meeting for drinks by the pool??

I was thinking maybe Sept 26th(Mon) We have 1900 late dinner(6:50) but figure some late nt maybe 9 by the pool for a bit would be fun!!! ANy takers?

Yep, right here with you! :cool1:

I could really use some Pixie Dust right now. Our AC in our house stopped working last night. It is supposed to be over 100 everyday for the next 3-4 days. I am on the phone now trying to get someone to come out. I am scared to death how much this will cost and if it will hurt our Disney trip. :sad1:

:scared1: No A/C?! Hope all goes well on the repair and it is minor! 100 degrees? Must not be far from us. ;) Lots and lots of :tinker: dust coming your way.

:scared1: No A/C?! Hope all goes well on the repair and it is minor! 100 degrees? Must not be far from us. ;) Lots and lots of :tinker: dust coming your way.

I am in Kansas. Luckily I found someone who can be here in a couple of hours. Praying it isn't anything major. We also live in a manufactured home so it gets hot in here really fast. If we don't get it fixed today we will be spending the night in a motel. I was hoping the next hotel I would be in would be POP not the Days Inn down street. :sad2:

I've been on another Sep 2011 countdown for about a year now and just found this one specific to POP.

We'll be there from the 14th to the 24th. Booked last August with FD.

I thought I would go on the Disney travel site to see what the chances are of getting a connecting room for part of our stay and could not find more than a couple of days in a row when POP was even available at rack rates.
I guess between the additional free dining offer and room only discounts they managed to book a good portion of September at POP.

Scott

I am going from September 19-24th and taking my grandaughter. First time just me and a grandchild (I usually have to drag their Mother's along LOL)

Hugs
GrannyEv
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Happy 4th of July September Poppers!!!! Everyone be safe!

I will update the list to include the new ones joining us after this weekend. Getting ready to go out of town now.

I could really use some Pixie Dust right now. Our AC in our house stopped working last night. It is supposed to be over 100 everyday for the next 3-4 days. I am on the phone now trying to get someone to come out. I am scared to death how much this will cost and if it will hurt our Disney trip. :sad1:

I hope everything turned out well with this! We've been having trouble with the capacitor on ours spraying out too much freon (it gets too cold, so lucky us, the unit freezes up!), I'm praying to get one more summer out of it. :scared1:

We just added another night. Sw fares came down a bit on Labor day. So We changed our flight to leave on the 5th now. Which makes me happy since we were leaving super late on the 4th anyway. We now have a 955 am flight on Monday morning.

My new dates are 8/27 to 9/5.:thumbsup2 Even with all the changes and having to pay for my youngest this year. I think this years vacation only comes to 100.00 more than last years. We had to pay more for flights last year and we had to pay bag fees.

We just added another night. Sw fares came down a bit on Labor day. So We changed our flight to leave on the 5th now. Which makes me happy since we were leaving super late on the 4th anyway. We now have a 955 am flight on Monday morning.

My new dates are 8/27 to 9/5.:thumbsup2 Even with all the changes and having to pay for my youngest this year. I think this years vacation only comes to 100.00 more than last years. We had to pay more for flights last year and we had to pay bag fees.

Factor in the Memory Book and you practically break even.
PS. The last two years we have opted to make the memory book in place of the photopass and LOVE the results!

Factor in the Memory Book and you practically break even.
PS. The last two years we have opted to make the memory book in place of the photopass and LOVE the results!

how much is the memory book? I will be solo, is this something I will be interested in? It comes with my package

how much is the memory book? I will be solo, is this something I will be interested in? It comes with my package

The base price is about $80 (I didn't look it up), but if you go to the photopass site, you can see all of the cool backgrounds, layouts and stickers that you can use to create a very cool book. They mail you the finished hardbound product. Take lots of pics and have people take pics of you, plus add the photopass pics and any personal pics from previous years to make a great album when you get home. It could be a special way to add your Mom to your trip by incorporating pics you took together. I love the one in your siggie. :hug:

I hope everything turned out well with this! We've been having trouble with the capacitor on ours spraying out too much freon (it gets too cold, so lucky us, the unit freezes up!), I'm praying to get one more summer out of it. :scared1:

we live right above the laundry room so its been extremely hot in our apartment... have an AC but just not cutting it... :s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter