The countdown to POP Century - September 2011!!!!

Last year the area was being refurbed so it was a problem at times with the workers, painting, noise. It lost its magic touch when that stuff was going on. Now with the rooms re-done, it'll be great. Let's just hope that the love bugs won't be too bad!:surfweb:

I've been on another Sep 2011 countdown for about a year now and just found this one specific to POP.

We'll be there from the 14th to the 24th. Booked last August with FD.

I thought I would go on the Disney travel site to see what the chances are of getting a connecting room for part of our stay and could not find more than a couple of days in a row when POP was even available at rack rates.
I guess between the additional free dining offer and room only discounts they managed to book a good portion of September at POP.

Scott

Welcome!!!! You will be arriving the day we will be flying home. So if you see someone throwing a fit in the lobby because their DH is dragging them out that will be me.

I am going from September 19-24th and taking my grandaughter. First time just me and a grandchild (I usually have to drag their Mother's along LOL)

Hugs
GrannyEv
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sounds like you will have a great trip!

I hope everything turned out well with this! We've been having trouble with the capacitor on ours spraying out too much freon (it gets too cold, so lucky us, the unit freezes up!), I'm praying to get one more summer out of it. :scared1:

Yes, it turned out OK. It was our capacitor also but a quick 5 minute repair/replacement and we had cold air blowing again. I was so happy it wasn't anything bigger.

We just added another night. Sw fares came down a bit on Labor day. So We changed our flight to leave on the 5th now. Which makes me happy since we were leaving super late on the 4th anyway. We now have a 955 am flight on Monday morning.

My new dates are 8/27 to 9/5.:thumbsup2 Even with all the changes and having to pay for my youngest this year. I think this years vacation only comes to 100.00 more than last years. We had to pay more for flights last year and we had to pay bag fees.

:banana: another day at Disney!!!!

We'll be at POP from Sep 1 to Sep 7, taking 2 friends with us. Counting down 60 days!!!

Maybe we will pass each other at POP. We arrive on the 4th!!!

Last year the area was being refurbed so it was a problem at times with the workers, painting, noise. It lost its magic touch when that stuff was going on. Now with the rooms re-done, it'll be great. Let's just hope that the love bugs won't be too bad!:surfweb:

I can't wait to see the refurb rooms. Our last trip was in 2009 so prior to the rooms being redone.

Maybe we will pass each other at POP. We arrive on the 4th!!!

We LOVE POP! It's been 3 years since we last visited POP and we can't wait to see the refurbished rooms!! :woohoo:

We just recently moved so I have to find where I put my LGMH and maybe I could make some decorations for our window! ;)

We are getting close now September Pop lovers! :thumbsup2. We'll be there from the 2nd thru the 10th. If anybody else is there then and wants to meet up at Petals Pool Bar for a drink, let me know.

Love that feeling!

:love: I love that feeling too! I also love knowing that ground transport, resort, food and entertainment(tickets) are completely covered. Adding in the extras (Flight, MNSSHP, Afternoon Tea and tips) I know exactly how much our Disney vacation costs. Peace of mind for me (and DH!)

It feels like a magical day...have a great one everybody!

8 weeks from tomorrow!!!! :goofy:

So anyone going to decorate their room window? I am thinking about putting something small up to at least be able to find my room quickly. Something about Disney trips I can never remember our room number. I might just make a sign that says DIS = Mrs Grumpy or something like that.

Yeah the trip is paid for. The hotel room in Detroit is booked (Park N Fly) and paid for. Now just the anticipation!!!! See you all at the Pop Sept 19-24

Hugs
GrannyEv

:banana::banana::banana:

Yeah the trip is paid for. The hotel room in Detroit is booked (Park N Fly) and paid for. Now just the anticipation!!!! See you all at the Pop Sept 19-24

Hugs
GrannyEv

:banana::banana::banana:

Which hotel did you book in Detroit? We always stay at the Baymont Inn and suites....van has always been fine there, they have breakfast and its a pretty nice hotel with only $75 for the nt and 10 days parking!!!

So anyone going to decorate their room window? I am thinking about putting something small up to at least be able to find my room quickly. Something about Disney trips I can never remember our room number. I might just make a sign that says DIS = Mrs Grumpy or something like that.

We will be decorating our window with tons of signs and other stuff..LOL

Which hotel did you book in Detroit? We always stay at the Baymont Inn and suites....van has always been fine there, they have breakfast and its a pretty nice hotel with only $75 for the nt and 10 days parking!!!

We are staying at the La Quinta. Same type of deal. Free brekkie and parking. Much cheaper to fly out of Detroit than Toronto. We are leaving at 10:05 on the 19th and arriving in Orlando about 12:45. Flying with Delta. It's my grandaughter's first trip. My daughters 4th trip. We are very excited.

Hugs
GrannyEv
:dance3:

We always do. It keeps me busy while I wait to get there. I'm working on it now to pass the time. I make posters for the door and for the window. I decorate our t-shirts, and hunt for our halloween costumes.:scared1: Getting ready is part of the fun.:goodvibes

We were there last Fall when they were working on bldg1 &2. Our room in bldg 3 was already done an dit was really nice - from the flat screen TV to the new carpets, etc. it was really great to have. :thumbsup2:cool1:

I know, I can't say it enough, I can't wait to go down! We love going to the parks in the morning and then coming back to POP to relax in the afternoon to recoup from the heat. We like the Bowling Ball pool because it has a rim around it to allow you to sit in the water to relax. The arcade is alot of fun also when it is raining outside. We've managed to win enough tickets the last 2 years to come home with a lava lamp - fun! :cool1::thumbsup2

We just upgraded to Pop Century! We were booked with a very nice room discount at Boardwalk Inn but just changed to Pop using the free dining / photopass book offer. We saved $2,300 plus get the 20 page photopass book. Looking forward to the fun themes at Pop.

I know it's not deluxe.... but there's something about the value resorts I just like.

We just upgraded to Pop Century! We were booked with a very nice room discount at Boardwalk Inn but just changed to Pop using the free dining / photopass book offer. We saved $2,300 plus get the 20 page photopass book. Looking forward to the fun themes at Pop.

I know it's not deluxe.... but there's something about the value resorts I just like.

:thumbsup2 I love this! So many choose Pop when they need to downgrade for whatever reasons, but you are too cool :cool1:. It is more fun at Pop - that is why we are returning.

I love your outlook too!! Some people say downgrade, but I prefer the value resorts cause they are so fun! We always love the themes and fun icons all over the resort. So excited for our POP stay!!

Just paid in full. Only took 2 days that darn disney sight acting all crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter