The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in remembering that if you book a DVC room (deluxe studio) for cash, rather than renting points, you get daily maid service? If so, do they make up the sofabed back into a sofa?
Yes, on a DVC cash reservation you will get daily maid service which includes making-up the sofa bed.

Are there other Savanna views other than Arusha Savanna for a DVC Studio? If so what are they are what is your prefrence?

Thanks!

Are there other Savanna views other than Arusha Savanna for a DVC Studio? If so what are they are what is your prefrence?

Thanks!

Yes, at Jambo House there are Arusha, Sunset, and Uzima savannas.

Kidani has Sunset and Pembe savannas.

I have stayed on all except for Uzima. My favorite is Arusha but they have all been nice.

We are renting points from a DVC owner. Will we have daily maid service? What should we expect?

THanks!!

When you stay on rental points you won't get daily maid service. On day 4 they'll replace towels and take the trash.If you stay longer than 8 days, you'll get a full maid service on the 8th day.

You can however, pay a fee of daily maid service - don't know what the rate is, but when I looked into it a few years ago, it was rather expensive. (I think it was around the $30 or $40 range - but I could be very wrong about that.)

HTH.

We are only staying 3 nights on the DVC rented points. Can you still get daily clean towels at least?:confused3

The rest I don't care about. lol

Thanks!!!

We are staying at savannah view 2bdrm and want to make a room request. Need something close to transportation because of mobility issues but also want a great view. Any suggestions?:confused3

We are only staying 3 nights on the DVC rented points. Can you still get daily clean towels at least?:confused3

The rest I don't care about. lol

Thanks!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. do you really change all your bath towels, hand towels, etc, every day at home? 3-4 days should be fine.
even when we stay at any resort property that has daily housekeeping, we "forgo" it. why use all that water and detergent to wash and dry towels , etc. used only once??

We are staying at savannah view 2bdrm and want to make a room request. Need something close to transportation because of mobility issues but also want a great view. Any suggestions?:confused3

Just ask for a room near the bus stop. A savannah view room near the bus stop should be great. There are usually giraffes, ostriches and other wildlife on that side of the "necklace." An added bonus is that an SV room near the bus stop will also be close to the lobby, community center, etc.

HI! Just booked AKL for the first time. Looking forward to a wonderful resort stay. We have a pool view room - any suggestions for a room request? We've only been to Jiko and the main lobby, so any suggestions would be great! THANKS in advance!
:goodvibes

Just ask for a room near the bus stop. A savannah view room near the bus stop should be great. There are usually giraffes, ostriches and other wildlife on that side of the "necklace." An added bonus is that an SV room near the bus stop will also be close to the lobby, community center, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. :worship: We are staying at Kidani, is your suggestion good for that area too?

I have been a lurker on this thread, since we stayed at AKL in 2008. Trying to keep up to date as much as possible. :goodvibesSo now we are finally going back in September. :cool1:Going to be there for 8 nights.

How are the poolview rooms. This is what we requested. Any particular room # that is good to request. We would like to be close to "something". :rotfl:I just want it to be as special as possible, as this will be it for us for 2 count'em 2 years!

And can someone point me in the direction of the activities at the resort.

TIA

I have been a lurker on this thread, since we stayed at AKL in 2008. Trying to keep up to date as much as possible. :goodvibesSo now we are finally going back in September. :cool1:Going to be there for 8 nights.

How are the poolview rooms. This is what we requested. Any particular room # that is good to request. We would like to be close to "something". :rotfl:I just want it to be as special as possible, as this will be it for us for 2 count'em 2 years!

And can someone point me in the direction of the activities at the resort.

TIA

Here are some possible activities:
Horticulture Activity
Wed. 9 AM Arusha Rock

Flamingo Feedings
Uzima Savanna 9:30 am

Spirit of Africa Art Tour
Ogun's Firepit
11:30 am

Animal Tracking
Arusha Rock
11am - 2 pm

Children's Board Games
Lobby 12:30 PM

Cookie Decorating
Boma Restaurant
1 PM

Pelican Feedings
Arusha Rock
1 PM

African Games and Crafts
Uzima Pool 2:15 pm

Junior Researcher
By Flamingo pond at the pool
3 PM

Culinary Tour of Africa
Ogun's Firepit
4 PM

The Music of the Savannah
Top of Grand Staircase (lobby)
5 PM Fri, Sat & Sun

Poolside Activities
Uzima Pool
4:30 Pm

Storytelling
Arusha Rock Firepit
6:30 pm

Games with Savanna Guides
Sunset Overlook
7:30 PM

Cultural Safari
Sunset Overlook
8:30 PM

Animal Viewing with Night Vision
Far end of Arusha Rock
9-11PM

These activities change often. Pick up a schedule when you check in. Also, there was movies at the pool at Kidani Village on certain nights and it is only a short walk from Jambo House.
We LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge both the Jambo House and Kidani Village!
:love:

Here are some possible activities:
Horticulture Activity
Wed. 9 AM Arusha Rock

Flamingo Feedings
Uzima Savanna 9:30 am

Spirit of Africa Art Tour
Ogun's Firepit
11:30 am

Animal Tracking
Arusha Rock
11am - 2 pm

Children's Board Games
Lobby 12:30 PM

Cookie Decorating
Boma Restaurant
1 PM

Pelican Feedings
Arusha Rock
1 PM

African Games and Crafts
Uzima Pool 2:15 pm

Junior Researcher
By Flamingo pond at the pool
3 PM

Culinary Tour of Africa
Ogun's Firepit
4 PM

The Music of the Savannah
Top of Grand Staircase (lobby)
5 PM Fri, Sat & Sun

Poolside Activities
Uzima Pool
4:30 Pm

Storytelling
Arusha Rock Firepit
6:30 pm

Games with Savanna Guides
Sunset Overlook
7:30 PM

Cultural Safari
Sunset Overlook
8:30 PM

Animal Viewing with Night Vision
Far end of Arusha Rock
9-11PM

These activities change often. Pick up a schedule when you check in. Also, there was movies at the pool at Kidani Village on certain nights and it is only a short walk from Jambo House.
We LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge both the Jambo House and Kidani Village!
:love:

Thank you for all of that. A lot of activities to choose from. We are going to need to a couple more days or just stay away from the parks. ;)But you actually answered another question about Kidani Village. Certainly never seen it, but we are having dinner at Sanaa and I wasn't sure how to get there, or how far it was. So I take it we can walk there. :yay:

It is about a 10 minute walk. Otherwise, you can hop a bus there from Jambo House. I think it is the Downtown Disney bus that goes first to Jambo house and then over to Kidani. There is a sign posted about it at the bus stop or you can ask a cast member. :)

It is about a 10 minute walk. Otherwise, you can hop a bus there from Jambo House. I think it is the Downtown Disney bus that goes first to Jambo house and then over to Kidani. There is a sign posted about it at the bus stop or you can ask a cast member. :)

Thank you for that. Who knows we may want to walk after our meal.

Anyone here at kidani now? We are leaving on Saturday and have a bunch of coronas, half a bottle of sailor Jerry rum that someone can have. PM if interested.

Looking to reserve at ALK in a Savannah view room (but not with the Arusha upcharge). Which of two would be better to request? Or would it be wiser to request a specific trail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter