The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I had never heard of this restaurant before today. I have fallen behind on new eateries since moving, especially when it comes to Disney Springs. That being said, the bread and caprese salad looked quite tasty. Glad the reservation was available last minute, although I'm sure waiting the 40 minutes past the time wasn't ideal. At least there was a cozy looking fireplace and chairs to help pass the time.

There are so many now! I LOVE the variety!

Everything was so good! I know the picture wasn't the greatest as I'd already eaten half of my sketti, but it was amazing as well!

It was some nice down time to catch up on trip notes and just people watch.

Interesting review. I believe I had heard a little about Terralina and the fact it used to be Portobello, but I had never read a review. I certainly looks good and not terribly high priced for Disney standards. It's always good to have Italian options around since that is my family's favourite.

See? I am wondering why it's so little known. Just too new? Not sure!

And no, I thought for Disney prices, it wasn't too bad. :) I love me some good Italian too, but the Native SoCal in me equally adores a good Mexican dish!

The "n" is silent.
Not the "n" in "in", "on" or "Norway"....

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It took me a bit to get it, but when I did... :laughing:

Oh, nice! Another place that's on my list. Someday! (But not this year... but some day!)

So many restaurants; so little TIME!!! You need an annual pass.

Of course we do. Don't be silly. You just have to dig down a few feet to see it.

LOL!!! Spring is coming. :hug:

Oy. That doesn't sound fun at all. :hug:

No, but this week has been much better; now for some weekend rest!

I'd like to too. But... lately, I just stay at the values since I'm not at the resort very much. This trip... well... you'll see. Um... eventually.

Looking forward to it!!

Because A) that's what a Dad should do and B) of course. When it's warm like that I want to enjoy it.

Yes, and ... if you say so. ;)

Or just ask a bus driver.

:rolleyes2

:rotfl2:

good one

Uh, oh... here's hug #2 :hug:

Thanks!

Well... okay. But only because I like your writing.
And your photos are pretty darn good too.

Brown noser.

thank you! :blush:

That's hilarious! :rotfl: I've never seen that movie but I'm kinda thinking I should.

I haven't either, but it sure looks funny!

Sheesh. All these rules. Annoying.

It's either rule by law or... it's Washington D.C.

Oh, dear... Hug #3 coming up. :hug:

Here's to a better week!! :drinking1

Nope.

This morning I heard on the radio that the forecasters have said that we will not have any more extreme cold warnings this winter.

So that means we can for sure expect more extreme cold temperatures.

And I'm sure you're right! Out like a lion?

You mean you don't already have one???

No.

I remember that! And Ruby and I were almost there. I just didn't realize it at first.

Well, shoot! You'll just have to go back!

I can vouch for the spilling part.
As for the "well behaved"... well...

And you'd think that for all the drinks she spills that she'd pee less.
You'd be wrong.

I blame it on the coffee.

And my 5 kids.

Disney. It's not for the weak.

No, but I'm not training until it's warmer and dryer here.

Definitely on your last legs if you can't muster up even a lowly saunter.

Hey! I'm not lowly, I'm vertically challenged.

Shots fired!

:laughing:

:laughing:

Calories don't count at Disney. No one told my stomach.

This is correct.

:rolleyes1
Tell us how you really feel about it.

:rolleyes1

Never heard of it until now.

Well, the things you can learn on a Steppe Report....

BS. If they can take an ADR, they can take an ADR. When you book it is irrelevant.

I'd heard recently somewhere else that an ADR is not really a ressie, but just a line holder and they get you in when they get you in. I can't remember where I read that, but it's not reallly a time anymore (even though they say it is?) but more a "I'm coming in, and know I'll be seated when you can seat me."? Not even sure if that's true or not.

Cool! That must've been fun. :)

It was! Might be fun to do that someday.

Liesa took someone else's table! :eek:

All's fair in love and dinner.

What??? No way! My favourite dish! I am so putting this place on my list.

There ya go!!

Note to self. Next time (?) I dine with Liesa... be very quick with the fork.

<Liesa realizes she still has other utensils>

:laughing: Please refer to earlier comment about calories not counting.

Amorrette's seems to be calling your name.

Thanks for the review! :goodvibes

You're very welcome! I still have a few reviews left for this trip!

::yes::

We all know sashayers can't be taken seriously. :rotfl2:

You do realize that I’m going to see you.
You further realize that I’m going to write about it.
Hmmm... now whatever shall I write?

I could think of many things, but I don't want to spoil it for your readers.

Just suggestions: Exploding helicopters an alien that keeps.showing up in the strangest places and hopefully no more road debris or objects attacking you.

Very magnanimous of you.

:laughing: I thought you weren’t going to spoil it!

You two make me laugh!

As a point of emphasis, exploding helicopters are a gimmick (that usually works) to improve mediocre TR'ing. (I've used them a time or two myself.)

I can't believe you gave up an ADR for Tiffins! Sacrilege.

It was that bad. I'd finished all I wanted to do and sitting in the Nomad for 4 hours before my ADR just wasn't an option. Otherwise they'd have had to stage an AA meeting in there for me.

You left a bloody surprise for housekeeping? Hopefully it's the British type of bloody and not literal. If the former, was the surprise taking all the soaps? You know they're going to hunt you down niw, right? Liesa the hardened criminal. :lmao:

Well, let's just say I hope their white sheets were able to be re-whitened. ;)

When you made the ADR is immaterial once the ADR is made! Either the time slot is available or it isn't. Not cool!

I was annoyed a bit, and had I known, I might have had a cocktail somewhere else first. Or a glass of wine there. Oh well...

At least being able to see the amphicars is cool even if you stole someone else's seat. I'm seeing a trend developing here...
Assault and battery of a wall
Assault and battery of a sack
Theft of soap and toiletries
Theft of seat
Stabbing of people who attempt to share your food
I'm kinda a bit concerned about meeting you in May.

Do you think I'll look good in orange?

The sauce makes or breaks the spaghetti. As does the pizza sauce...why I don't like papa johns.
More garlic, oregano, basil and sometimes even more garlic! The problem is most places have to be concerned about it being too strong for some and they tend to under season a bit. The problems lies in adding seasonings without allowing them to cook in helps, but doesn't taste the same.

I agree! It's the plague of almost all Disney food everywhere. They've completely watered down the taste making it hard to find authentic and better than mediocre.

Really good bread can save an otherwise non-stellar Italian meal. I like garlic rolls the best, but good bread works.

The only thing I'd have changed is to have had the option of dipping in EVOO and balsalmic!

Calories don't count at Disney, so how much of a pi.....err...how much did you enjoy at Ghiradellis?

I didn't! I had had enough with what I ordered but if I'd split that meal with someone, I might have had room? Maybe?

That's never a good feeling. Ever.

NO, it really isn't!

Yuck. Not again!

And not since either. So weird!

Sometimes we have to laugh in our lasagna so we don't cry in our spaghetti.

OH nice writing!

Now that would be a fun mealtime view.

It was! I had a great table in a perfect spot!

D'oh! Meanwhile, some poor shmuck spent 3 hours in the waiting room.

LOL!!

Oopsies.

TBH, I really don't know, it was close, but I couldn't be sure.

Note to self: don't eat with Liesa.

I promise I'll be nice in July. ;)

Not at Disney World. You sound normal.

Phew!!

Well, now this place is on my radar!

Well worth a visit!

The site I found said you can only use ad block on a computer. These days I have so little time at the computer. Most of my DIS time is on the phone.

So you don't have a laptop? I wonder if that's be a good solution for you so you can DIS while watching TV or something?

Me, my mom, and Fran will share, he wont get as many tastes if he doesn't want to share!

True dat! To each his own, but I like lots of variety and tastes!

Except now we have to ask some tenants to leave. The new ones told me the ones upstairs fight, loudly.

UGH!! NOT COOL! We had to listen to wife beatings in ours in Crapistan. Totally sucked.

I just made my clothes list while I'm having my pedicure.

Good use of time!

Oh no! Not again! :scared1: I've actually been having a lot of bloody noses too. The doc said to get Calendula cream and put it on a Q-tip and put it inside my nose. Evidently the cold weather dries up the sinuses and they bleed.

Oh that's interesting. I'll have to look that up (the cream). The cause seems legit; I've heard that too. I'm not sure why mine was; it was neither cold nor dry!

I've never heard of it either. I'm going to have to look that up after this!

What did you think?

I approve, but you're right needs more basil.

It's what makes a Caprese special!

It's your last night, live it up!

:)

Liesa just wanted to pipe in and let you know I'm reading and trying to get caught up. I'm on page 48. Soooo much good reading so far. We really need to get our kids together. I know I've said it before but Danielle, Anara and Zach seem to have a lot in common. Danielle went to a Kpop concert this past summer, BTS.
It's so great to have you here, Vanessa! I'm glad you popped in and are all caught up! Glad you're enjoying it too!

OH MY GOSH!! Yes!!! That would be so amazing!!!

I'll be there in May and again in Sept! :) Let me know if you'll be there then too. Anara is going to BTS while I"m there in May. :) She's super duper stoked!

OMG! I'm finally caught up! Do I get a prize?

If not I still have really enjoyed your trip. I'm sorry it's coming to an end. But I'm signed on for the new report too.

The very first time I went to DW with DH it was just the 2 of us for a weekend trip he won through work. We didn't want to burn a ticket so we went to DTD first. Once he saw that and the resort he was sold. We had not even been into a park yet. It's pretty much a tradition to start with DTD too. We usually drive and it's too late to hit a park. Of course DH is a creature of habit too. It's very hard to get him to try new things. :sad2: Which doesn't help since there is always something new in Disney.
LOL!!! Hmmm, prizes...

I haven't done a contest in a long, long time. Life is just too crazy now. And will be for the foreseeable future. I work full-time now and it is sapping to say the least.

The new one is off to a slow start, but will pick speed I imagine once I get the stories to fill in the plans.

See?! I keep telling people who've never been... you can go to WDW and have a GREAT vacation without even going to a park! Sure they are fun too and the rides are amazing, but before you even get to the park, you'll have had a great time!

I with Disney would stick with ADDING stuff and not CHANGING Stuff. Just my own personal rant. LOL!

Fantastic updates! I sympathize with the sore feet - my feet and back were competing with each other on day 5 and day 8 for me, wasn't sure which one was actually more sore. I had fantastic (for me) hot sunny weather for every single day of my trip, and since I was solo it was actually heavenly to use the 2 hour wait for FOP to actually be in the shade during the early afternoon for 2 hours and read my book while in line :) I also succumbed to the bad influence (hahaha) of @KathyM2 and made my first ever Basin purchase - much needed lip balm with SPF! I also agree with the ridiculous timing of flights from the West; seriously, when will teleportation be available? Offsite transportation was not in my favour though, so I think DTD was a much better option than sitting in the hotel lobby for hours.. ugh.

Thanks, Donna!! It's great to see you here too!

Hmmm, I wonder if Day 5 and 8 need to be rest days for you in the future. :) Those are far enough into the trip for a body to start acting up!

OH wow!! That is a nice way to pass the time in a line. I head the FOP line has some cool stuff to see too. I've only ever FiPPed it, so haven't seen it, but love that you used the time to just cool off and enjoy.

AH, nice sunny weather... I need some of that!!! It's so gray and rainy here. :(

Uh oh!! Kathy enabled you to do a bit of Basin. I completely agree! Totally worth it. I LOVE some of their things in there!

As for sitting around for hours. Holy cow!! NO WAY!! I'm too antsy to do sit for that long.

I brought my youngest here for Disney character tryouts. She has applied for the Disney College Program. She wasn’t chosen for a face character so now she waits to see if she gets an offer to be a “friend” of a costume character. I’m very proud of her for putting herself out there and going for it. We’re driving back home this morning.

That's really amazing that she put herself out there and tried. You just never know and it'll be an experience she'll never forget!

Sounds like a perfect spot!

It was really very nice!

That Caprese salad and gorgeous bread sound scrumptious!!

Everything was so, so yummy!

Tucking that recommendation away for next week, thanks!

Let me know how it is!!

Okay, Friends! I'm all caught up here and now will toddle off to look at your threads for a bit. I'm pretty busy today with a lot of house chores and stuff, but my goal is to get all caught up this weekend! YAY!! Might even post another update! ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It took me a bit to get it, but when I did... :laughing:

Annnnndddd…. pkondz gets banned.

So many restaurants; so little TIME!!! You need an annual pass.

::yes:: Thinking I might do that, actually.

LOL!!! Spring is coming. :hug:

March 20th to be exact. I expect to be shoveling out from under a snow storm that week.

No, but this week has been much better; now for some weekend rest!

Good!

Brown noser.

thank you! :blush:

In all honesty... no. I don't say that on everyone's report... then again... I don't read everyone's report.
If you know what I mean.

It's either rule by law or... it's Washington D.C.

Delicately steps back from the abyss.

:(
Well, hoping you can catch up this weekend.

And I'm sure you're right! Out like a lion?

In like a lion.

I blame it on the coffee.

And my 5 kids.

Nah. Not buying it.

Hey! I'm not lowly, I'm vertically challenged.

:lmao:

Well, the things you can learn on a Steppe Report....

I'd heard recently somewhere else that an ADR is not really a ressie, but just a line holder and they get you in when they get you in. I can't remember where I read that, but it's not reallly a time anymore (even though they say it is?) but more a "I'm coming in, and know I'll be seated when you can seat me."? Not even sure if that's true or not.

It's not quite a reservation. The way it works is they calculate how many tables they have and how much the average time is for turnover. They book based on that. If people stay for longer, then you wait.

All's fair in love and dinner.

:laughing: Yes it is!

<Liesa realizes she still has other utensils>

<pkondz eyes the knife, warily>

Amorrette's seems to be calling your name.

Annnnndddd…. pkondz gets banned.

It was subtle, my friend.

::yes:: Thinking I might do that, actually.

Reallly?! Nice! But beware, before you know it, you'll be thinking of ways to maximize it's value, if you KWIM.

March 20th to be exact. I expect to be shoveling out from under a snow storm that week.

You need a snowblower. Or a few well-paid teens.

In all honesty... no. I don't say that on everyone's report... then again... I don't read everyone's report.
If you know what I mean.

In all sincerity... thank you. I do confess since I began working full time, the quality has taken a header, but I still enjoy it and have fun. And best of all, I love my community.

Delicately steps back from the abyss.

Good idea.

:(
Well, hoping you can catch up this weekend.

Making progress already. One benefit (?) of working is that your body sort of? adjusts to waking up early, so now, even on days off, it's tough to sleep past 7:30 or so. :(

In like a lion.

Rawr!!!

It's not quite a reservation. The way it works is they calculate how many tables they have and how much the average time is for turnover. They book based on that. If people stay for longer, then you wait.

And staying longer in Disney may very well happen. #sorefeetandairconditioning

<pkondz eyes the knife, warily>

<pulls plate of sketti closer>

Moving these quotes from the other thread over to here. ;)

Need to be sure I don't launch them to teh back of my throat and then gag....

That would be a bad move. Vomiting in Disney is only 2nd to shooting blood all over the sidewalks.

of course.

;)

Great shot!

Thanks!

He likes his blanket. Keeps him cool or warm depending on weather and makes a nice place to sit if you hate grass and dirt on your bottom. Security maybe but probably functional to him.

Agreed. It was very endearing and funny too!

Not Dorky- Just Liesa...

:dancer:

DVC has a killer discount there now. 40%

I think they put the same one out for AP holders.

:scratchin I see this was clarified a few post back.
I will say I love the plans O'hana then EPCOT ending with the cruise is a great idea. I love Illuminations .... for the music and the song AFTER the fireworks. :love:

I do that sometimes. ;) Like saying this TR will be less entertaining with Jenn and Kari posting. :sad2: It's my occasional dyslexic tendencies. ;)\

I actually have a photo of you two while that song is being played.

It was subtle, my friend.

:rolleyes2

Reallly?! Nice! But beware, before you know it, you'll be thinking of ways to maximize it's value, if you KWIM.

I'm strangely okay with that.

You need a snowblower. Or a few well-paid teens.

I can't afford the former... and can't convince the latter.

In all sincerity... thank you. I do confess since I began working full time, the quality has taken a header, but I still enjoy it and have fun. And best of all, I love my community.

:hug:

Making progress already. One benefit (?) of working is that your body sort of? adjusts to waking up early, so now, even on days off, it's tough to sleep past 7:30 or so. :(

Nope. Not a benefit.

And staying longer in Disney may very well happen. #sorefeetandairconditioning

Very true!

<pulls plate of sketti closer>

:rotfl:

You are making me think about spagetti.....

Uh oh!! Kathy enabled you to do a bit of Basin. I completely agree! Totally worth it. I LOVE some of their things in there!

I'm useful that way. I love Basin. I got their solid shampoo and conditioner. It lasts forever and has no packaging. I love that, also smells good and works well too lol

You are making me think about spagetti.....

I'm useful that way. I love Basin. I got their solid shampoo and conditioner. It lasts forever and has no packaging. I love that, also smells good and works well too lol
So.... you're saying... a spaghetti scented bath bomb is what you want?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter