ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Now, a small personal, Real Life Update... :)

Things are moving very nicely on the Africa Trip. Today I put the finishing touches on the Lessons and got them formatted and put onto the flashdrive so I can take them to the printer's tomorrow before work. Believe it or not, my clothes and most of my personal items are packed except for the scrubs. Friday, Bek and I will be packing up the remainder of our supplies that have been donated by friends and family to head over to one of the poorest countries in the world. The cargo container is on it's way with the medications, Care Kits, surgical and medical supplies, the logistics are falling into place and in 40 days, I'll be MORE than ready to head out!

The last $800 we are hoping our church will pick up, but time will tell on that one.

As for Disney: FPs are done, ADRs are done, my itinerary is made, MVMCP ticket is bought, Dapper Days outfit is all ready, and well, I'm packed for that too. Except for a few last minute things, everything is in the bag. Work is good with more than enough hours for now. Family is doing well settling into the School Year Routine, the deck isn't done due to procrastination at its finest and we've already had our first fire in the fireplace.

Hope each of you is well!

As always live big, make a difference, and know Peace!

Z is for: Zipping Things Up!

Well Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!
Even though I already know I didn't win.

Boo!!!!

All good things must come to an end.

I suppose. Sad though.

Pretty mediocre ones, like this TR

Oh, shush you. This was and is a wonderful TR!

suffer with me through 3 long, in some ways very horrible, and in others quite wonderful and challenging, years of Nursing School,

:hug:

I want to humbly thank you for reading along and letting me share all of that with you.

And thank you for writing it!
Let's not forget that without you, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to come along on this very fun and delightful ride. :)

finish this fish wrapper up

:sad2:

prep for my next Adventure of a Lifetime- a Medical Teaching trip to West Africa… preceded by a week of unadulterated fun-frenzy at Disney.

So exciting!

Of course, I will write up a little (okay, fine, you’re right, I’ve never done “little” in terms of TRs) synopsis of my trip.

Yay!

Sounds interesting. Only wish it was open when I'm there. Would like to check it all out.

Yes, I was that woman who ran all over the back lawn at AoA trying to retrieve my little creations out of the bushes and trees and grass.

:rolleyes1

(Yes. Would've paid to see that. Then again, I'm not the type of person who would've stood idly by.)

I came within mere seconds of my life finding its early demise when I felt a sharp, needle-like pain when I reached down for a red one that had found its way to the snake and alligator-infested water’s edge. Snap!!! I gasped for breath unable to call for help when I suddenly realized it was own aged and decrepit back that every day feels the suck-a-thon of 50.

Holy smokes! You scared the crap out of me!

BUT! I did find 2 guestbook messages. One was even foreign.

Cool!

Favorite Photos from the Trip:

You got some really good ones!

Really good.

Therefore, our 1st Place Winner is @Chrystmasangel who was only 3 points off! ZOWIE!!

Congrats to @Chrystmasangel !

When I have the first chapter written, you can join in on:

"Yet Another Alphabetical Approach to A Steppe Into Adventure!!"

Yuss!!

Things are moving very nicely on the Africa Trip. Today I put the finishing touches on the Lessons and got them formatted and put onto the flashdrive so I can take them to the printer's tomorrow before work. Believe it or not, my clothes and most of my personal items are packed except for the scrubs. Friday, Bek and I will be packing up the remainder of our supplies that have been donated by friends and family to head over to one of the poorest countries in the world. The cargo container is on it's way with the medications, Care Kits, surgical and medical supplies, the logistics are falling into place and in 40 days, I'll be MORE than ready to head out!

Holy crap! Talk about organized!

:worship:

The last $800 we are hoping our church will pick up, but time will tell on that one.

Good luck! Hope they come through!

As for Disney: FPs are done, ADRs are done, my itinerary is made, MVMCP ticket is bought, Dapper Days outfit is all ready, and well, I'm packed for that too.

:faint:

How do you do that????

the deck isn't done due to procrastination at its finest

I see Mike and I have something in common.

and we've already had our first fire in the fireplace.

:laughing: I read that and was "Oh, no! They had a fire!...... wait... that's okay."

Least?? The characters (lines barely worth it) and the lack of CS options open later to find real food at.
The lack of CS options just doesn't make sense. I mean Disney wants to make money from you any way they can, so why wouldn't they provide an extra opportunity for you to buy food?

She thinks that it’s the kind of place that you need to be in a really silly mood to go to and enjoy (read be tipsy).
That kind of makes sense. Based on what the restaurant is supposed to be. Unfortunately that whole tipsy angle is hard to come by for a restaurant located in the middle of MK.

Zach tells me everything was delicious. There was no bad food. He is a 19-year old kid, so this is no surprise.
Well, I can definitely see that...

Mikki- Easy. Flying Fish. She is a bit more… opinionated on this and states, “The food was abominable.” So there ya have it.
And that tells me all I need to know. I've never been a big seafood fan. I'll eat it but it isn't my favorite. So this has never been near the top of my lists of places I want to go anyway.

Enjoyed the TR! Thanks for sharing and have a good time on your trip that's coming up!!!!

@Chrystmasangel and @Terra Nova guy , both deserve a round of applause for their expert level of location identification using crappy photos.

Hey! That's me! I had fun playing along (especially since I missed joining the bigger contest way back when). I will certainly PM you my address and the prize will be most appreciated.

I enjoyed following along, even if I didn't have as much free time to comment as much over the last couple months.

I wish you all the best with your travels and work in Africa.

What a wonderful journey that led to this trip! Thanks for taking us along! Good luck in Africa!

Jill in CO

Thanks so much for sharing all about your wonderful trip and I've enjoyed following this PTR/TR for quite a long time! I certainly want to read more about the keys...I love that part of Florida and spent a few vacays there. I'm scared to see what state it will be in next time we manage to get down there. I really will miss you around here if you don't have a TR going!

I truly enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing. I love the wrap up post. That's a really good idea. You're going to love Pandora, you might even have a new favorite ride. Can't wait to hear about your November trip and your experience in Africa.

This report has been so much fun! I will miss reading, but I know there is more to come. I loved your wrap up, especially comparing everyone's favs. As always, your pics were fabulous! I really enjoyed the contest photos, even if I got left in the dust and forgot to guess a few.
I'm looking forward to the "Rest of the Story"

All good things must come to an end. Pretty mediocre ones, like this TR, do too, thank God!

Thank God!

Bahaha :rotfl2:

Favorites?? The Parade, followed by just the general atmosphere of the spooky lighting, fog, BGM, and costumes.

Least?? The characters (lines barely worth it) and the lack of CS options open later to find real food at.

Highly agree with this! The lack of CS options was disappointing at the party we went to also, and we didn't do character meets (except for Pooh and friends, which was a priority for me) because of how wild the lines were.

Her thinking is that it’s best suited for a group of close friends with dorky senses of humor or the whole concept will be lost.

I think this is exactly why we enjoyed the atmosphere, and that we're in the minority for this! haha

But, even that was hard to narrow down because every resort has its charm and qualities.

Agree! I have such a hard time choosing a favourite resort because I loved most of the places I've stayed for different reasons. They're too different to compare...

Favorite Photos from the Trip:

#1-
IMG_2741.jpg

I love this photo and the story that went with it!

Thanks so much for taking us on this journey with you! I came in later in the game, but I've so enjoyed it!

I enjoyed following along on your trip report and will gladly stick around to read about the Keys portion and then your upcoming WDW getaway. :goodvibes

You mean you didn't partake???

TBH, no. Unless fudge has nuts, really don't care for it. I know... weirdo.

Yes, I used a pasta machine. I bought one years ago and Kay has been bugging me ever since to try it. Finally did. :) I made fettucine noodles. It was a lot easier than I thought. :)

Expert level: Unlocked!

Nicely done!

I'm gonna feel pretty foolish when you post it and I know it!

upload_2017-10-4_11-24-40.jpeg

Why do you ask?

:lmao:

Okay... No. Never.

This needs to be remedied. So delicious!

Reading is one thing.
Remembering all that drivel? Incredible.

I have an incredible knack for remembering all kinds of trivial drivel but can't seem to remember slightly more important things like, you know... my camera.

Well, I am planning on meeting you, and maybe @cinderkelly too. But since I know when that is, I'm pretty sure you aren't referring to me. Sorry can't help!

She's been found! :)

This was on my keeper list too! I plan to have it again!

We'll see if it lives up to its delicious reputation this year!

Now my assessment was totally different. I got a really spicy batch and remember telling Fran that it was too spicy for her to try! I might try it again this year as it seems to be all over the place.

I wonder if mine had sat too long under a warming lamp? Seemed dry as well.

Good luck! With only one day you'll be hard pressed to get in many tastes especially on your own!

OK. Now lets see if I can get you a PM with the picture answers.

I'm aiming for 10, because I'll be having both lunch and dinner. We'll see...

Sorry. :sad2: It's been replaced this year with:
  • Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy – $5.50, DDP Snack Eligible

Which sounds equally yummy!! Going on list.

I'm working on an email for what's up in April....

Operation Planning Commenced.

Thanks for sharing your F & W samplings. I've been to F&G twice when food was offered. I have big plans to try so many different items, but guess what? Didn't happen. In 2015 I think I tried about 3 items. This past May I didn't try anything. So disappointed. You did so much better than me. Looking forward to reading what you get this year.

I do have a list of what I'd like to try, but I am guessing it'll end up like last time- random tastings as I saunter. I only recently round out F&G had food offerings. Someday, I'll do another Spring Trip.

There's a plan! In fact I should just get some panniers for him and I wouldn't need to carry anything!

IF you do it, post pix!

Wait! I actually know a few of these and forgot to PM! I'm there now.

Got it! ;)

More coming! Promise!

Oh, shush you. This was and is a wonderful TR!

I try to make it fun, informational and engaging. Thanks!

And thank you for writing it!
Let's not forget that without you, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to come along on this very fun and delightful ride. :)

Not nearly as fun or delightful without audience participation! I love my DISFamily!

So exciting!

::yes::

Sounds interesting. Only wish it was open when I'm there. Would like to check it all out.

I was really hoping The Edison would be open. Like really bad. I've waited 2 trips (a YEAR apart) for it to open and still NOTHING! WTH!?!?

(Yes. Would've paid to see that. Then again, I'm not the type of person who would've stood idly by.)

pkondz not standing idly by: VV

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Holy smokes! You scared the crap out of me!

Heh. Almost as good and believable as exploding helicopters.

You got some really good ones!

Really good.

Thanks, PK! I love sharing the fun of photography!

:cheer2:

Holy crap! Talk about organized!

:worship:

Had to be. This is WAY too big a monster to let go to the last minute!

:faint:

How do you do that????

Little by little. Every day.

I see Mike and I have something in common.

Your deck's not done either, eh?

:laughing: I read that and was "Oh, no! They had a fire!...... wait... that's okay."

Fires are so cozy! Haven't had one in the woodstove yet, but will wait until my new armchairs come maybe for that.

The lack of CS options just doesn't make sense. I mean Disney wants to make money from you any way they can, so why wouldn't they provide an extra opportunity for you to buy food?

I know! What gives? Cosmic Rays was okay, but wouldn't have been my first choice if say, Casey's or Pecos Bills or Friar Nooks was open. Ah well, L&L.

That kind of makes sense. Based on what the restaurant is supposed to be. Unfortunately that whole tipsy angle is hard to come by for a restaurant located in the middle of MK.

Agreed. MK was, IMHO, the wrong place for this kind of venue. Concept cool; missed opportunity to fully carry it out.

And that tells me all I need to know. I've never been a big seafood fan. I'll eat it but it isn't my favorite. So this has never been near the top of my lists of places I want to go anyway.

Enjoyed the TR! Thanks for sharing and have a good time on your trip that's coming up!!!!

YOu can certainly get chicken, steak and pork as well, but unless you want to risk dicey service, nah. Pass.

You're welcome, Andy! Thanks for reading along and being part of my Grand Adventure! More to come, but at just as slow a pace.

Hey! That's me! I had fun playing along (especially since I missed joining the bigger contest way back when). I will certainly PM you my address and the prize will be most appreciated.

It IS you!! Congrats!

I enjoyed following along, even if I didn't have as much free time to comment as much over the last couple months.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! It's been fun getting to know you as well. :) Job changes are certainly tough, so definitely know what you've been up against. I'm just glad you joined in and were here as much as you were.

I wish you all the best with your travels and work in Africa.

Thanks, Jeff! I'll be posting before I go for sure, but time is getting close and still have some misc things to get done. :)

What a wonderful journey that led to this trip! Thanks for taking us along! Good luck in Africa!

Thanks for reading along, Jill! And you're very welcome! :) Looking forward to bringing you all the photos and stories from my trip!

Can't believe you finished it! Are you doing a TR for the upcoming WDW trip? Let me know if you do.

Thanks, Carrie! :) I know! I just had so many stories and photos I wanted to share that it really dragged on forever. LOL! Yes, of course I will be doing a TR for the WDW and Africa trips. I will definitely let you know when they start. Meantime, I will start thinking on the Keys one. :)

Thanks so much for sharing all about your wonderful trip and I've enjoyed following this PTR/TR for quite a long time! I certainly want to read more about the keys...I love that part of Florida and spent a few vacays there. I'm scared to see what state it will be in next time we manage to get down there. I really will miss you around here if you don't have a TR going!

You're very welcome, Kathy! :) You've been one of my most faithful and long-standing readers- one of the brave, the few, the proud... to have stuck around. LOL! I will start the Keys part soon. Hopefully this week! DH is going on the 5th of next month. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks. I will be around. This is my 2nd family!

I truly enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing. I love the wrap up post. That's a really good idea. You're going to love Pandora, you might even have a new favorite ride. Can't wait to hear about your November trip and your experience in Africa.

You're so very welcome, Vanessa! :) Can't wait to bring back more stories and photos from the upcoming travels- meantime, hoping to start the Keys soon. ;)

This report has been so much fun! I will miss reading, but I know there is more to come. I loved your wrap up, especially comparing everyone's favs. As always, your pics were fabulous! I really enjoyed the contest photos, even if I got left in the dust and forgot to guess a few.
I'm looking forward to the "Rest of the Story"

Thanks, Tammie! It was VERY fun writing it all up and sharing the stories and photos. Thank you for chiming in with your mini-TR of Hawaii too. :)

There will be another Contest with the next one, so be watching for that! :)

Thank God!

Bahaha :rotfl2:

IKR?!

This is the song that never ends... oh, it goes on and on, My Friends....

Highly agree with this! The lack of CS options was disappointing at the party we went to also, and we didn't do character meets (except for Pooh and friends, which was a priority for me) because of how wild the lines were.

What is WITH that?!! Party go-ers be HANGRY!! Need food.

I think this is exactly why we enjoyed the atmosphere, and that we're in the minority for this! haha

My kids were not properly coached and even if they had been, I think it'd been lost on them.

Agree! I have such a hard time choosing a favourite resort because I loved most of the places I've stayed for different reasons. They're too different to compare...

The values are awesome for their price, their funky fun and appeal to young families; mods for their uniqueness in theming; and deluxes for their obvious appeal to a luxe vacay with cushy towels and over-the-top service. I love them all!

I love this photo and the story that went with it!

Thanks so much for taking us on this journey with you! I came in later in the game, but I've so enjoyed it!

Isn't she just adorable?!! Such a special evening!

You're so welcome! I'm so glad you joined in and stuck with me. Definitely more to come as we now move on to the Keys...

I enjoyed following along on your trip report and will gladly stick around to read about the Keys portion and then your upcoming WDW getaway. :goodvibes

Thanks for being here! :) It's great to have readers who enjoy being part of the banter and chatter! Still lots more Steppe reporting to come...

I did not get this one either... I was certain that it was in the MK as that was the only place where the silly font could be on something that was looking still rather polished (i.e. not real enough for AK). But I was so certain that the brown wooden sign had to be in Frontierland or Fantasyland... Ugh!

I truly enjoyed your trip report from start to finish, even if I was a bit absent at times. I loved the way you did it which made every chapter special and fun and not full of mundane things like whether you packed any panties... :rotfl2:

I am looking forward to the part about the Keys! I am sure Mike will find them quite a bit changed for the worse now, but hopefully things will get rebuild soon.

2 people scored ALL the points including the bonus point from Letter P.

@Chrystmasangel and @Terra Nova guy , both deserve a round of applause for their expert level of location identification using crappy photos.

Therefore, our 1st Place Winner is @Chrystmasangel who was only 3 points off! ZOWIE!!

I am burried in a mountain of homework (but needed a mental break) just coming off of a week of 2 mid term exams and a practical (yes...again) but i wanted to say WOOO HOOOO I never ever ever have won anything! I am sooooo excited! Then to have won not just once but two times... I am over the moon giddy!

:dance3:
:jumping1:

It began over 3 years ago as a Pre-Trip Report which enabled you all to suffer with me through 3 long, in some ways very horrible, and in others quite wonderful and challenging, years of Nursing School, culminating in one big, fat, grand adventure in Disney which surpassed all of our wildest dreams

I can't believe it has been that long already! Seems -like just yesterday we took the training wheels off! lol! I am following along in your footsteps. I have not started a TR yet on it, but I have started planning my trip for September 2019. It shall be a grand shinanigan and you have given me many ideas!

Absalutely loved the sum up section of favorites and least favorites!
Knowing the perspective of you and the kiddo's helps with the planning on this end. Your kids seem to be a lot like mine, so knowing what they liked/didn't like really helps. I am also planning on some solo time on my trip so was great to see that too!
Remember the fun little guestbook I made in the form of hanging Mickey Heads?

Also, I had made a little Wishing Well that I filled with wishes I’d hoped would come true during my trip

I loved these so much. I know you lost all but 2 of the guestbook, but it makes the 2 you have even that much more special!

This was my absalutely, hands down, no doubt, favorite picture from your trip. It just say's it all! EVERYTHING that Disney is about!

This was my 2nd favorite! I actually showed this picture to my daughter and she almost chose it as her picture to draw for her college art class and had asked me to get permission from you to use it, but then she changed her mind and decided to draw our friends 1 year old baby sitting on her birthday cake so we can give it to her mom for her christmas present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter