ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Your new avatar is impressive with the aircraft in the background.Hopefully you will continue to enjoy learning the theoretical side to flying.Your house sale goes quickly and the work hours continue to come in at a level you can manage.

You mean them thing-a-ma-bobs with wings and such?

Is that what those are called?!

Had to look that up as we have a different book up here. (or books, I suppose)

Different rules too from what I hear....

Thanks! I'll take a peek!

Downwind, upwind, cross wind, base, final. NOT in that order!!

If we ever meet, ask me to tell you about the funny incident... and the scary incident I had in Brandon involving circuits.

NO! Not in that order. EEK!! I"ll try to remember....

It's on order.

YAY!!

The direction in which my finger is indicating.

:rolleyes2

Hmmm... Okay. So mornings are out until you get coffee.
(Note to self. Any future DISmeets with Liesa... book for afternoon or later.)

No, just until I get myself oriented to morning. (Was I that bad when you happened across me and gave me a lift?)

Unless I missed someone?

But considering I didn't have a clue what you were referring to... I'll give you a pass.

I miscounted thinking (as I cruised the list quickly) Convival was a name. But my point stands. Seeing 21 women is.... excessive.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but like someone said...........life! I totally get it. Working a crazy schedule right now because, well, a huge deadline is coming the end of June........and possibly the end of billable hours??? Throw in a little surgery and I just haven't spent much time around these parts lately, even though I do drop in and read a little now and then.

Deadlines stink...

And.... ummmm, surgery!?!

Really? I thought you were heavily considering floggings the night of your UN-birthday at Yehaa Bob!!!

I was?!

Well right now, that might not quite be appropriate........ :rolleyes1

Pray tell why.

I can't imagine you EVER going 7-months without accomplishing that feat! :scratchin

See what you've been missing while I've been away. :stir: Makes you appreciate the silence, huh??? :teeth:

Hardy har.

Actually been wondering wuz up.

Is that what those are called?!

::yes:: The ones without wings are called whirly-gigs.

Different rules too from what I hear....

yup.

No, just until I get myself oriented to morning. (Was I that bad when you happened across me and gave me a lift?)

yup. Horrid.

I miscounted thinking (as I cruised the list quickly) Convival was a name. But my point stands. Seeing 21 women is.... excessive.

On the same day? Probably.

Love the new flying school avatar! You look very determined!

Good luck with all the stuff going on at the moment.

It's.... a lot. Too much and a bit out of my comfort zone. But, the house in "Sale Pending" now, so that's good.

Your new avatar is impressive with the aircraft in the background.Hopefully you will continue to enjoy learning the theoretical side to flying.Your house sale goes quickly and the work hours continue to come in at a level you can manage.

THanks, Stuart! It is very challenging to be sure.

::yes:: The ones without wings are called whirly-gigs.

You are such an invaluable wealth of information!

On the same day? Probably.

I mean, 20 would be perfectly acceptable... spaced out over a week. But 21 in one day? Yeah, a bit much.

Q is for: Quiet on the Set, Pt. 3

At long last, Steppe’s very difficult session of filming on the set was over (if you don’t think method acting is hard, just ask Heath Ledger. Oh. Nevermind.); it was time to cut loose and have some fun, you know, monkey around a bit.

IMG_1153.jpg

Steppe was absolutely famished, and contemplated stopping into her favorite place in Hollywoodland for a toast to her Grammy. No, not THAT Grammy that comes with a trophy, her own sweet Grammy who not only gave Steppe her sassy pants attitude, but her pesky French upper lip hair. I love her to pieces still and miss her terribly. But, an Apricot Sour (Grammy’s favorite cocktail) and a Cobb Salad in her memory would have to wait for another day; group dynamics aren’t always conducive to taking the time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Steppe’s hobnobbing among the rich and famous there would have to happen another day as she had other pressing engagements to attend to.

IMG_2431.jpg

Steppe’s stage crew chose to visit Andy’s’ Room first and hobnob at bit there. I mean they had an engraved invitation to meet the toys at a special benefit gala for the Maimed Storm Troopers of the Empire.

IMG_1817.jpg

There were games and hoopla planned and Steppe is never one to turn down fun and games. Or hoopla. Especially when there are prizes involved. On this day, Steppe won a Bobcat! Better than her Beaver from the last time she played! (Did you know that you can get a pin set of these 7 prize levels?)

IMG_1158.jpg

Who remembers Tinker Toys?

IMG_1154.jpg

This was cute, thought Steppe as she wound her way through the clever queue,

IMG_1818.jpg

but all Steppe could think of at this point was that she wanted to go to bed for infinity and beyond. And yet, no matter how tired Steppe was, there was no time to rest- adventure was out there, and adventure is for finding.

So are Hidden Mickeys. Steppe found more, but here are the 2 she took photos of:

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

(Side note from your Authoress: Someday, your Authoress will tally a few more of the Contest Points including the Hidden Mickey total up to date. )

After smashing some plates, as is done on some of the Soaps sets around Hollywoodland, and seeing some aliens (as is done on radio shows around 2 AM), Steppe led her merry band of party goers to a bit of fast action. On the way, they saw another rodent like creature- it was neither a mouse, or hidden, so this one doesn’t count.

IMG_1168.jpg

But this one does:

IMG_1823.jpg

Steppe momentarily forgot where she was and asked her teen-aged stagehand to do the dishes. She got the usual facial expression, and decided she’d just do them herself in exasperation, until she remembered that it was time to go on a roller coaster, not try to ruin a teenager’s life.

IMG_1824.jpg

Before they headed out to seek and find new adventures, Steppe and her entourage had one last place to visit: Outer Space. Since space tourism is quickly becoming a reality for the commoners, Steppe thought, in the interest of staying just ahead of the common riff-raff, to splurge on a quick trip to Endor… or wherever that kooky pilot, Rex I think is his name, at her space travel company wound up taking them- you just never know with that guy. They carefully followed all of the safety precautions and belted in, and...

CRAP!

What’s this?! He’s done it again! This guy goes off the rails every single time! It’s usually a wild ride, but this time we’re getting SHOT AT!! Duck! WATCH OUT! There are freaking explosions all around us! And Storm Troopers. (Don’t worry, they couldn’t hit a sloth at point blank.) Miraculously, their ship made it safely to wherever it was he took them, AND they saved the world by helping to destroy the Death Star. YAY, Steppe! (What’s possibly more miraculous is that Steppe didn’t puke in or near the ride.) Tate was pretty sure he would have, so he stayed outside and practiced his Speeder Bike skilz attracting the attention of the ladies, as he always does.

IMG_1166.jpg

(Side note: For reals, Folks were appropriately amused with his antics. Several people asked if he could hang around a bit longer so they could snap his picture, delaying Steppe a bit and almost making her miss her Space Flight.)

On the way out, they narrowly missed getting squashed by this idiot:

IMG_1160.jpg

who clearly doesn’t know how semaphores work. Oddly, Steppe’s kids didn’t know what semaphores are either and had to be schooled.

It had been a long day. Steppe had filmed a Classic movie replete with real life drama, attended a benefit gala with her friends, made her teenagers scream in horror, sped through space dodging exploding TIE Fighters (which are even better than exploding helicopters) (there, are you happy now, Boys?), and rehearsed on location with mixed reactions. All in all, a pretty awesome (compilation of) day(s) in Hollywoodland.

Won't you join us next time for: Steppe Writes More Drivel in an Attempt to Keep this TR Alive??

Last edited:
Seems like you got in most of the hits at DHS that day. I would have loved that Cobb Salad and a drink about now! Love all the Hidden Mickeys! I'm going to look harder for them next time I get back there!

Looking forward to the next chapter, I'm reading along faithfully!

Seems like you got in most of the hits at DHS that day. I would have loved that Cobb Salad and a drink about now! Love all the Hidden Mickeys! I'm going to look harder for them next time I get back there!

Looking forward to the next chapter, I'm reading along faithfully!

Glad to have you here, as always, Alison! :)

I may settle in with a pre-dinner glass of wine myself. While I get started on writing another update for the Cali trip.

Howdy! I was confused at first and then saw someone mentioned your new avatar. I bought a shirt at Pearl Harbor that matches your old one. I had so much trouble with posting pics i gave up on sharing the Hawaii pics. Anyhoo, love the new avatar and I'm so excited for you! Looks like a pretty successful trip to Hollywoodland. Guess I need to check in at your other TR also.

Howdy! I was confused at first and then saw someone mentioned your new avatar. I bought a shirt at Pearl Harbor that matches your old one. I had so much trouble with posting pics i gave up on sharing the Hawaii pics. Anyhoo, love the new avatar and I'm so excited for you! Looks like a pretty successful trip to Hollywoodland. Guess I need to check in at your other TR also.

Well, hey there, Lady!

It's confusing to me too! I"m having a hard time finding my own threads if I just scroll the list. It's temporary, but will do for now.

You did!? I love Rosie the Riveter stuff. Such determination and can do 'tude.

That was a compilation actually of 3 short dips into DHS. It made for better story telling to just lump them all. ;)

I read on my phone too, but get behind cuz it's such a pain in one to reply by phone. And yes, of course you'll be behind again after your trip! It's the DIS Circle of Life. LOL!

I read on the phone but don't respond, it's too hard. Great way to try and get caught up. I'm back and horribly behind, again.

Awww, thanks! It was definitely one for the record books!

Fabulous trip!

Sad day. :( I've seen so many things come and go the last decade, and some I never got to either. Makes me very sad.

I don't like change. Every time we go something has changed, and often I never got the chance to experience it. We try to do as much as we can incase it's not there next time.

Not sure if I melt, but I have very impressive meltDOWNS. Yes, it's beyond irritating, and when we're talking teens and up who've been trained better, you can only hope for some Karma at some point.

Karma has started to settle in for Michelle. I can only hope it will catch up with Danielle too someday.

her own sweet Grammy who not only gave Steppe her sassy pants attitude, but her pesky French upper lip hair.

I got mine from both sides and only one is of French decent.

an Apricot Sour (Grammy’s favorite cocktail) and a Cobb Salad in her memory would have to wait for another day;

This sounds sooo good.

Steppe won a Bobcat! Better than her Beaver from the last time she played!

Good score. Mine always stinks.

I do! :wave:

they saw another rodent like creature- it was neither a mouse, or hidden, so this one doesn’t count.

Saw lots of squirrels this past week and they were very brazen.

What’s possibly more miraculous is that Steppe didn’t puke in or near the ride.

I rode this once in 1999 and haven't been back. I didn't puke but came close.

Side note: For reals, Folks were appropriately amused with his antics. Several people asked if he could hang around a bit longer so they could snap his picture, delaying Steppe a bit and almost making her miss her Space Flight.

This is so cute! Sounds like he was a hit with the fans.

(Did you know that you can get a pin set of these 7 prize levels?)
No... I didn't know that. Then again, I'm not a pin collector.

(What’s possibly more miraculous is that Steppe didn’t puke in or near the ride.)
Always one of the greatest victories.

Steppe had filmed a Classic movie replete with real life drama, attended a benefit gala with her friends, made her teenagers scream in horror, sped through space dodging exploding TIE Fighters (which are even better than exploding helicopters) (there, are you happy now, Boys?)
Ok, yes, exploding TIE fighters are awesome. But they weren't part of the movie, right? They were part of the post filming activity so they don't count.

if you don’t think method acting is hard, just ask Heath Ledger. Oh. Nevermind.

Ouch!

Especially when there are prizes involved. On this day, Steppe won a Bobcat! Better than her Beaver from the last time she played!

Nice! You've already beaten me. I suck at that game.

Did you know that you can get a pin set of these 7 prize levels?

That I did not know.

:wave2: Less painful than Legos!

So are Hidden Mickeys. Steppe found more, but here are the 2 she took photos of:

Nice work!

Steppe momentarily forgot where she was and asked her teen-aged stagehand to do the dishes. She got the usual facial expression, and decided she’d just do them herself in exasperation, until she remembered that it was time to go on a roller coaster, not try to ruin a teenager’s life.

My kids get a different expression. They start asking if they'll get paid. Then I laugh.

And Storm Troopers. (Don’t worry, they couldn’t hit a sloth at point blank.)

Truth.

(What’s possibly more miraculous is that Steppe didn’t puke in or near the ride.)

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

(Side note: For reals, Folks were appropriately amused with his antics. Several people asked if he could hang around a bit longer so they could snap his picture, delaying Steppe a bit and almost making her miss her Space Flight.)

Wow. You're part of all of their vacation photos!

Steppe had filmed a Classic movie replete with real life drama, attended a benefit gala with her friends, made her teenagers scream in horror, sped through space dodging exploding TIE Fighters (which are even better than exploding helicopters) (there, are you happy now, Boys?)

::yes::

Told you explosions make everything better!

I read on the phone but don't respond, it's too hard. Great way to try and get caught up. I'm back and horribly behind, again.

Yep! Totally get that. Totally.

I"m terribly behind right now too, and am hoping to make some headway this afternoon. We'll see. Been a very full week with studying and long days at work. We can only do what we can do, but I do know how frustrating it is.

I don't like change. Every time we go something has changed, and often I never got the chance to experience it. We try to do as much as we can incase it's not there next time.

I Know! It's ridiculous! ADD, don't CHANGE! Geez!

Karma has started to settle in for Michelle. I can only hope it will catch up with Danielle too someday.

It'll happen when she has her own kids.... I'm sure of it.

I got mine from both sides and only one is of French decent.

:rotfl2:

This sounds sooo good.

I should pick up the apricot liqueur today. Super yummy!

Good score. Mine always stinks.

I'm MUCH better at TSMM than I am at Buzz. I totally suck at that one.

Saw lots of squirrels this past week and they were very brazen.

I noticed the birds at AKL that were literally ON the table stealing food. Not afraid of humans AT ALL.

I rode this once in 1999 and haven't been back. I didn't puke but came close.

I don't even know what it is about that one that makes me so queasy. I can do the teacups, ToT, Space, no problem but man that one....

This is so cute! Sounds like he was a hit with the fans.

Tate is quite the ladies' man... when he's not wearing women's clothing. :rotfl:

No... I didn't know that. Then again, I'm not a pin collector.

I"m not a "collector" either. Just found it amusing that the whole point system is a bigger deal than, "Hey you got a random cute animal below your score."

Who knew?!

Always one of the greatest victories.

Right?! I'm glad that was the last ride of the day. Blech.

Ok, yes, exploding TIE fighters are awesome. But they weren't part of the movie, right? They were part of the post filming activity so they don't count.

OMG, are you seriously going to pull the technicality card?

There is just no pleasing the screaming masses here. ;)

Nice! You've already beaten me. I suck at that game.

Not as much as I suck at Buzz.

:wave2: Less painful than Legos!

Soooo glad the Lego Walk of Death is a thing of the past for me. Although, I have a bit of news, but can't quite share yet. ;) (Shhhh....)

My kids get a different expression. They start asking if they'll get paid. Then I laugh.

So, your expression is funnier.

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

I"m not sure what's better: a load of puke on my shoe (or better yet someone else's) OR a gallon of paint on my minivan floor. Hmm. gonna have to think on this....

Wow. You're part of all of their vacation photos!

I KNOW! I"m famous. :lmao:

::yes::

Told you explosions make everything better!

And yet, @afwdw says it needs to be only explosions of actual STORYLINE vehicles. Next time I'll use exploding hot air balloons from Soarin'.

I"m terribly behind right now too, and am hoping to make some headway this afternoon. We'll see. Been a very full week with studying and long days at work. We can only do what we can do, but I do know how frustrating it is.

I'm still trying to get caught up on Ponzi's report. I read while I'm on hold at work and read while waiting in line last week. You're super busy but doing great things.

It'll happen when she has her own kids.... I'm sure of it.

I sure hope so. I have to give her credit, she and Chris cleaned the kitchen last night after diner without being asked and they did a great job.

I'm MUCH better at TSMM than I am at Buzz. I totally suck at that one.

I stink at both. I did luck out in Buzz on one of our rides. It stopped right before we entered the first room but the guns had been turned on. I hit something magical and scored 274,000. Beat em all!

I don't even know what it is about that one that makes me so queasy. I can do the teacups, ToT, Space, no problem but man that one....

I was worried I would have trouble on Flight of Passage since it was describes as a cross between Star Tours and Soarin', but I didn't!

Tate is quite the ladies' man... when he's not wearing women's clothing. :rotfl:

Love it! :rotfl2:

Weee-lllll.....
Subtle is one of my middle names.

But.

Secrecy is important for a few more days in the FB world. ;)

I'm going to wish you a secret Congrats :jumping1::dancer:! You're going to love it .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter