ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Well, count me in for Irish music and dancing! Haven't tried their sausage and mashed potatoes, but if the music is good enough, who cares!

HAHAHA!!!

Ok, but seriously.... you don't like sausages potatoes and irish dancing?!?!

I am a sausage snob and have not found any sausage of not German, Italian or French origin that I liked. Mashed potatoes are ok, but nothing I get excited about. And I am not fond of watching any kind of dancing, Irish or not. And don't particularly the kind of music being played for Irish dancing. So, yes I most definitely need to re-examine my life. Hey, but at least we have a love for anything silly Disney in Common! ;-)

Why not Cooke's if you were just having the F&S and weren't there for the entertainment? I know RR has a more extensive menu, but.... just curious.

In 2013 we had a week long DISmeet in the works. We had been planning it since 2011. Most of us stayed at the Beach Club and people were arriving at different times throughout the week. Fran and I did three nights at the WL before switching to BC.

The dinner at Raglan Road was the first night that PIO, myself, and another friend of hers were all at the BC together. We wanted to sit down and chat and have a leisurely dinner. Her hubby is a Pescetarian but she refers to him as her pesky vegetarian because he is slightly picky. The menu worked well for everyone, and I actually wanted the scallop forest (which isn't on the menu at Cooke's), someone else had roasted chicken, plus I think some one ordered an extra plate of steamed veggies. We also split a couple desserts around the table.

Truthfully I don't think I even knew about Cooke's until a couple years later. I'm not a huge fan of QS places because I like to sit back and relax for my meals and be waited on. At dinner I like a glass of wine or three....

What I like about dancing is when you go to the ballet recitals and the 3 year olds don't know what to do and half of them are running the opposite direction of the routine. :laughing:

For those of you who’ve been to Raglan, please feel free to absolutely disregard this post. For those of you who haven’t…WHY haven’t you?! Shame on you!!! You’ve been missing out!

Well, I can't do everything! Besides, you guys recommended Tower of Terror as well. So I don't know if I can trust you.:laughing:

It was then that I discovered that Disney lies. If they tell you it’s going to be half an hour, it will be far less, and you’ll be knee deep into something else. If they say it’ll be 5 minutes, I can guarantee you it’ll be 45. And yes, it did happen, but that’s getting ahead of myself.

:faint: I like the first scenario better.

Our server, or rather servers were very nice and brought us the Irish bread service with Guiness dipping something or rather. It was amazing. But that’s not what I was here for. I was here for sausages. And mashed potatoes. Because mashed potatoes.

Makes sense to me. It all looks good!

And it was serious amounts of fun. We clapped, we watched mesmerized, we ate, we laughed, and there was no small amount of, “WOW, Mom! This is amazing!” going on… even from my 14 and 18-year old cynical, too-cool-for-school kids. To this day, when I ask them about the things they loved the most and remember as the most fun things we did, they bring this dinner up.

Great! Glad it was a good show and experience. That's a parenting win.

Then again, if you don’t like mashed potatoes and sausages and Irish Dancing, you should probably re-examine your life.

I'm good with sausages and mashed potatoes. Dancing I could take or leave. But that's not limited to the Irish.

Hi great update.We eat sausages and mash quite a lot here for normal tea.Our sausages here come in lots of varieties.So that's why we have never eaten at Ragen road most of what is served there is everyday food for us.That's why we have never used it, like to use Disney to try different restaurants as to what we normally eat.Looks good though just to get the entertainment.Glad you like good old traditional cooking.The best place to get a T-Bone steak is America so always have at least one whilst we are in Orlando.

For those of you who’ve been to Raglan, please feel free to absolutely disregard this post. For those of you who haven’t…WHY haven’t you?! Shame on you!!! You’ve been missing out!

I haven't made it there yet! It's on the list, but hasn't bubbled to the top yet. I'm not sure what Judy could eat there...I know she couldn't have the sausages.

we 3 were seated in the PRIMO HOUSE SEAT!!! A 3 Topper Bistro just up off the main stage seating area.

Score! So happy you got a great seat.

To this day, when I ask them about the things they loved the most and remember as the most fun things we did, they bring this dinner up.

Maybe a better choice of words would have been, "they mention this occasion". Doesn't sound all that appetizing as worded. ;)

Yes, now I see that it is Raglan Road. The background on the stage is different now. DH and I went on our 2012 trip. He got the bangers and mash, I had the shepherd's pie. I do love mashed potatos! Sausages, no. I unfortunately got the trifle for dessert, so disappointing! And yes, the guiness dip for the bread was amazing!

Well, count me in for Irish music and dancing! Haven't tried their sausage and mashed potatoes, but if the music is good enough, who cares!

Yay! A believer !!

And yes, dancing can cover a multitude of bad foods.

I am a sausage snob and have not found any sausage of not German, Italian or French origin that I liked. Mashed potatoes are ok, but nothing I get excited about. And I am not fond of watching any kind of dancing, Irish or not. And don't particularly the kind of music being played for Irish dancing. So, yes I most definitely need to re-examine my life. Hey, but at least we have a love for anything silly Disney in Common! ;-)

Well, I actually know that about you!! And am only slightly jealous of your sausage access.

Ok, that's a lie.

I'm super jealous! Yes, European sausages are amazing, no doubt about it- far superior to ours, but, still tastier say than a lot of others things.

I'd not have guessed that about you and dancing! Who knew?!

But, yes, I suppose we can still be friends and love Disney. <hey, look a dancing show- let's go watch it!> <No.>

:lmao:

In 2013 we had a week long DISmeet in the works. We had been planning it since 2011. Most of us stayed at the Beach Club and people were arriving at different times throughout the week. Fran and I did three nights at the WL before switching to BC.

The dinner at Raglan Road was the first night that PIO, myself, and another friend of hers were all at the BC together. We wanted to sit down and chat and have a leisurely dinner. Her hubby is a Pescetarian but she refers to him as her pesky vegetarian because he is slightly picky. The menu worked well for everyone, and I actually wanted the scallop forest (which isn't on the menu at Cooke's), someone else had roasted chicken, plus I think some one ordered an extra plate of steamed veggies. We also split a couple desserts around the table.

Truthfully I don't think I even knew about Cooke's until a couple years later. I'm not a huge fan of QS places because I like to sit back and relax for my meals and be waited on. At dinner I like a glass of wine or three....

What I like about dancing is when you go to the ballet recitals and the 3 year olds don't know what to do and half of them are running the opposite direction of the routine. :laughing:

Ah, ok, that makes sense!

Pesky vegetarian. LOLLOLLOL!!! :rotfl:

And completely agree about CS vs. TS. A whole different meal experience!

Well, I can't do everything! Besides, you guys recommended Tower of Terror as well. So I don't know if I can trust you.:laughing:

Truuuuuuuust meeeee......

:faint: I like the first scenario better.

Except when you're somewhere else.

Makes sense to me. It all looks good!

I think you'd actually like the food here. And that's saying something.

That's a parenting win.

We get one once in a (great) while.

I'm good with sausages and mashed potatoes. Dancing I could take or leave. But that's not limited to the Irish.

Heathen.

Hi great update.We eat sausages and mash quite a lot here for normal tea.Our sausages here come in lots of varieties.So that's why we have never eaten at Ragen road most of what is served there is everyday food for us.That's why we have never used it, like to use Disney to try different restaurants as to what we normally eat.Looks good though just to get the entertainment.Glad you like good old traditional cooking.The best place to get a T-Bone steak is America so always have at least one whilst we are in Orlando.

Funny you should bring that up....

This is precisely the reason I have no desire to stay at Wilderness Lodge. Or eat at AP (although we did on this trip)- it's just not different enough from home to hold much appeal.

And yes, I"m the same way about using Disney to have OTHER more unique immersion kinds of experiences and food.

As for steak... yeah, pretty common in my world, so not gonna seek on out at Disney, but totally get why Asians and Europeans would go for that.

Last edited:
I haven't made it there yet! It's on the list, but hasn't bubbled to the top yet. I'm not sure what Judy could eat there...I know she couldn't have the sausages.

I think she'd find something. Seems like they are doing a lot of changes to accommodate these days. I hope you make it there someday, Glenn!

Score! So happy you got a great seat.

:banana::banana::banana:

Maybe a better choice of words would have been, "they mention this occasion". Doesn't sound all that appetizing as worded. ;)

Hmmm, you have a really good point there! Didn't even see it!

Yes, now I see that it is Raglan Road. The background on the stage is different now. DH and I went on our 2012 trip. He got the bangers and mash, I had the shepherd's pie. I do love mashed potatos! Sausages, no. I unfortunately got the trifle for dessert, so disappointing! And yes, the guiness dip for the bread was amazing!

Sounds like you had a great time! Trifle can be tricky and there are probaby about as many recipes as there are cooks. I make it every Christmas and it takes quite a lot of work and time. The secret is the sherry- and the jam.

K is for: Karibuni Harambe!!!!

“Karibuni!!!!”, squawked Shofana. “Welcome to the Kilimanjaro Safaris! I am your host; your bird host."

"Come with me to the world of animals, where it’s always a party. You’ll meet colorful characters on your tour and get a firsthand peep, I mean, peek, into the personal circles of their lives. You’ll get to listen in on their conversations and come away with a brand new perspective on the goings on of the Savannah. I won’t tell you to fasten your seatbelts because there aren’t any; regardless, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.”

“Look! Over there! It’s the African Wild Dogs. They are native to sub-Saharan Africa and have one unique quality that makes them stand apart from all other dog species- their young are allowed to feed before the adults. This actually makes them more closely related to humans than all other dog species. Let’s take a listen to what Wild Dog Family is discussing today, shall we?”

“Hey Maude, look over there, it’s Betty. Thinks she’s hot stuff, doesn’t she?”

“Yeah, but you know Flo, it is Florida and this humidity is killing me too.”

“You idiot! That’s not what I mean! She thinks she’s got Robert in the bag. Who does she think she’s fooling? Everyone knows he’s drooling for Ida lately.”

“No, Flo, that’s from last night’s carcass. His kids got to it before he did and now he is drooling like a human father after the last piece of bacon is snatched out from under his nose by his teenage son.”

“Well, there he goes anyway. Off to find a new carcass, I guess.”

“Ah the circle of life!”, Shofana continues. “Let’s move on and see what animals we encounter next…”

<bump, bump… >

“Ahhh, there she is, the Queen of the Nile. And although she is just as lovely, I don’t mean Elizabeth Taylor. Oh no, Henrietta is far more alluring! Perhaps it’s her bumpy, scaly skin. Her sharp teeth, or maybe her moldy tongue? One can only imagine the hold she’d have on any man who happened to stumble upon her jaws of love. See? Awww, she’s smiling an invitation to you! Just a friendly hello… ‘Come on over. I’d like to have you for dinner!'", she’s saying.

“Now, here’s an interesting creature! The Africa Bongo.

This is Bill. Bill’s most recent contribution to his herd is launching the new initiative 'Bingo For Bongos'. Bill hopes it will raise awareness and funds for the new poker hall that the wives aren’t so excited about. Bill and his buddies hope to erase the stigma of Wednesday Poker Nights and are doing their best to assure the girls everything is kept clean and respectable. Here he is now, telling his buddy Randy, the Common Eland, over the fence, to bring the extra 6 pack and his favorite cigars that his wife Rhonda doesn’t know about.”

Shofana's laugh came in great heaves. "They ain't foolin' NO one! Here is Rhonda, who let's Bill and Randy think they're getting away with... things. She doesn't care. She's at a Lula Roe party this Wednesday with his credit card."

Shofana warned of another bumpy patch and told us to hold on tight.

<bump, bump, bumpity bump>

Safely through that rough patch, we next came upon the hippos.

Violet and Myrtle were deep into their afternoon soaps when, all of a sudden, the phone rang. It was Myrtle’s husband wondering about the temperature on the riverbank. He was only 20 yards away, but couldn’t seem to check for himself. We see this behavior in a variety of species in the animal kingdom, don’t we ladies?

“Ah yes, here we have come to the Ankole-Watusi’s”, Shofana continued. “They are somewhat respected on the Savannah, but also mostly feared and regarded as thugs. They do well at their chosen business of supplying the animal kingdom with the... goods they need. You can see Big Daddy and El Chapo Gordo have taken “Cash Cow” to whole new levels. They launder the income well through their parent corporation guised as Disney package discounts that… aren’t.”

<bump, bump, lurch, grind, bump…>

“Every animal species has their strengths and weaknesses, and the same is true for the Wildebeests”, explained Shofana. “Sadly, they have a reputation of being rude and disrespecting property rights. Whenever they get the collective urge to run amok, they do. Doesn’t matter whose wash or water hole they’re trampling, and they have even been known to run down famous cinematic lion kings, so it’s best to just steer clear and set your spike strips if you’ve got ‘em.”

Shofana noticed that his tour group was getting tired from their long and bumpy safari over the vast expanses of Savannah, so he had our driver stop and set up camp for the night under a tree off in the distance.

The guides cooked us up an incredible meal of… this and that (no animals were hurt in the making of chapter) while we rested our stiff and sore bodies from all the bumping along. As a twilight bonus, we were treated to the sightings of this group of African Antelope. Stuck up little creatures, really. Never did come say hi or even venture very close. Shofana explained they were the track team girls- sprinters- and didn’t really want to mix with other crowds.

The stars shone brightly over our heads in the vast expanse of the night sky, but all was not quiet on the grasslands. The animal party was just getting going, but sadly, our group would not be invited to those kinds of shenanigans.

Tune in for more Drama on the Savannah where we'll see more of the young and the restless....

Last edited:
Moving along with our alphabet, let's take a stab at Letter 'J':

Remember, it's is somewhere on Disney property, at a resort, in a park, or such, starts with Letter J somehow, and you can PM me your guess using a thread you've started.

ANYONE is welcome to play along! Even just for fun

Bangers and mash! A UK dish once a week..

Love the safari photos. Those African dogs freak me out a little. I think from The Lion King lol..

Great one of the hippo. The black and white shot nice!

Lovely animals today. Did you see the baby eleohant? I would love to see her.

Bangers and mash! A UK dish once a week..

Love the safari photos. Those African dogs freak me out a little. I think from The Lion King lol..

Great one of the hippo. The black and white shot nice!

Lovely animals today. Did you see the baby eleohant? I would love to see her.

Adore me summa dat! Especially in a country pub.

Thanks! I'm glad had my telefoto on!

I thought that tree was just so perfectly shaped! Loved it!

Yes, we'll be getting to the other animals shortly. Stay tuned for more Savannah drama...

Thanks for the link, I will catch up later . I am trying to keep up with all my threads , but am not doing one myself , sort of tied up with being a GREAT Grandma !!!Did you hear Jordan is going in June , maybe I should volunteer for an extra trip with P & P , have to go with someone else though!!!

Hello! Just found your TR and waited till I read the whole thing before commenting. Really enjoying it, you have a fun writing style, thanks for writing it! I especially loved your solo fancy dinner, the whole evening sounds really special, and I love that you went ahead and did it solo. (Or at least started solo! It's no wonder the other table invited you over, you must have looked like you were having so much fun on your own that they wanted you to join....)

Who knew that the animals were so mischievous!

You just never know.... ;)

Thanks for the link, I will catch up later . I am trying to keep up with all my threads , but am not doing one myself , sort of tied up with being a GREAT Grandma !!!Did you hear Jordan is going in June , maybe I should volunteer for an extra trip with P & P , have to go with someone else though!!!

You're welcome, Rosie! :)

I'll bet you're LOVING that! Congrats again!

I did hear he'll be there then! Wish I could be there too then. :)

Hello! Just found your TR and waited till I read the whole thing before commenting. Really enjoying it, you have a fun writing style, thanks for writing it! I especially loved your solo fancy dinner, the whole evening sounds really special, and I love that you went ahead and did it solo. (Or at least started solo! It's no wonder the other table invited you over, you must have looked like you were having so much fun on your own that they wanted you to join....)

Well hello there and

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I do have a lot of fun writing it and reliving all those wonderful memories!

That dinner may have been the best evening of the whole trip. Such a beautiful time!

Thanks for joining in and please! Feel free to comment and banter along with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter