The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's my question....

I was looking at the transportation database on wdwinfo and plugged in a starting point of POFQ and ending point of GF. It shot back the route and a total time of 90 minutes to get there. :confused:

I am hoping this is not quite right and just being extremely conservative so I broke it down to the POFQ to the MK (30 min)and MK to the GF (20 min). As you can see the math just don't add up. :teacher:

Am I missing something here or do I really need to alot that much time using Disney trans??? A little help from previous POFQ people would be appreciated.

Red Wings Fan
Never took that exact route but I think what you are missing is potential wait times. You may have to wait 20 minutes for each leg of the trip. That adds up to the 90 minutes.
So, you can be "sure" to be there in 90 minutes (nothing is guaranteed) -- more likely in much less.
If you are worried or running late you can take a cab. Should be $12 - $15 if the driver takes the route past Ft Wilderness. To get the cab just walk straight out the main door of POFQ on the walkway through to the back of the parking lot -- straight ahead. There will be one cabbie who will point you to the cab whose turn is next.
While at POFQ recently it cost $10+tip to go to Poly. I forget how long it took.

Unfortunately you do. They are counting the possible wait for the transportation to come. We just got back from POFQ and had to wait 30 min for a bus on numerous occasions. I'm guessing there's a 10 min possible wait for the monorail which would add up to 90 min.
We drove to the GF for our daughters tea. It took 10 min.

How was the tea party? We have our daughter (almost 5) booked for it as well. She enjoys a tea party at home, so I'm assuming she'll like this as well.

Hi! I just booked POFQ for the second half of our August trip. Do the corner rooms have two windows like the corner rooms at CBR? I can't find a picture of one.

Edited to add: Are some of the corner rooms doubles?

Thanks!

Hello to all you POFQ Experts!!
I'm so glad to have found this thread!
We just booked our trip to the French Quarter for this July using the 7 for 5 deal. We upgraded from the ASMo. This has been a resort I have always wanted to try and I am so excited:Pinkbounc I booked a waterview room but what I would like to know is if it is worth it? It sounds like we can't go wrong regardless of where we stay. Has anyone out there paid for a waterview room? Would you do it again? Just wondering.
Thanks!

robinb
We recently had room 7104 -- a corner with 2 windows and 2 double beds. I hope that answers your question.

pam66
I never get a water view. For one thing our shades are always closed until we are ready to leave for a park -- so what would be the point? Another thing is that (from what I hear) you may have to stick your head out the door or look around a tree to see the water (no direct experience).

Our family spends so little time at the resort I just couldn't justify more $$ for a view. Much better used for more souveniers-- fancier meals, etc. Take your savings and go to Hoop-Dee-Doo Review!

YMMV :)

Pam66....I agree about the water view...don't spend the $$$. Unless you are in a deluxe with a balcony, I just don't see the point....I'm never sitting in my room looking out the window! We had a standard view in building 2 and it overlooked a lovely courtyard with a fountain....very pretty. Make your request to be near the pool or bus....that's more important! (And still really not an issue as the resort is quite small.)

Thanks for the replies. I will change it to a standard room preference.

Originally posted by Sheriff
robinb
We recently had room 7104 -- a corner with 2 windows and 2 double beds. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks! That's good to hear :).

Im leaving in a little over two weeks:sunny:
Any new pics out there to look at, it will help with the waiting?:hyper:

Its only 7 days now.........:goodvibes
Should I be doing the dance of the 7 days?.......I should be
dancing.....YEAH!!!! :cool1:
Anyone want to dance with me? :cool1: :cool1:

Hey, Everyone!! :wave:

I just got back from POFQ, and you can view my pictures by using my link below. I also have pics of a corner room, which is what we had.

I wish I was there now...we just got back last Friday, and it's been so hard getting back to work this week. :crazy2:

Have fun!

We will be there on July 21 until the 28th. It's not getting here fast enough. :hyper: I am more excited about staying at the French Quarter than the parks :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by iluvwdw_2002
Hey, Everyone!! :wave:

I just got back from POFQ, and you can view my pictures by using my link below. I also have pics of a corner room, which is what we had.

I wish I was there now...we just got back last Friday, and it's been so hard getting back to work this week. :crazy2:

Have fun!

I just looked at your photos-wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing them!!::yes:: :wave2: I never get sick of looking at POFQ pix!

I did it! I made my reservation through Dreams Unlimited today for October 8-17, 2005 at POFQ for DD and I! Thanks to all of you for convincing me, I know we'll love it!

Special thanks to Jellyrolls Karen (sorry, I can't remember your username at the moment, but you know who you are, right? LOL) for her advice and descriptions a while back!

Hey everyone!

Great thread! I just finshed reading EVERY post and can you believe it, I have a question!

Do the rooms have an iron/ironing board standard, or do you have to request them once you get there? Also, will we be able to keep them all week or do we have to ask every day?

Thanks!

Iron and ironing board are included in each room, along with a 4-cup coffee maker and coffee supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter