The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can get a hair wrap at POFQ? If not, is there some place at DTD? Thanks!

Originally posted by figment95
Does anyone know if you can get a hair wrap at POFQ? If not, is there some place at DTD? Thanks!

Not sure about FQ but there is a hair wrap place in DTD. If it hasn't moved since I was there last year, then it is by the Rainforest.

Yes, they did have a hair wrap station at POFQ. I only noticed it because my DD's had their hair wrapped earlier that day at Universal.

Our family (Self, DH, kids ages 12, 14, and 17) will be making our first trip to WDW in early June. Decided to book 2 rooms at a moderate resort instead of a deluxe room elsewhere (less $$, two bathrooms!) Since we've never been, we want a great Disney experience, and my first choice was CBR because of the heavier theming. But we got POFQ instead. After reading as many posts and reviews as I can find about the moderates, I still don't know if we should stick with this resort or keep trying for CBR or maybe even POR. I think my DH and I will love the fact that POFQ is smaller, newly renovated, and (hopefully) a little quieter. But will it provide enough of the Disney atmosphere for our kids? Granted, they are older and don't need as much atmosphere as the little ones, but will POFQ seem like Disney or will it just seem like a nice hotel anywhere? Would love to know why you like this resort or whether we should keep checking back for openings at a different one. Thanks so much!

Ironically enough, when my family stayed at this resort my sisters and I were the exact ages of your 3 children & it was also our first trip. We had a BLAST! It's a very good hotel for that age group because it's not too overly 'kiddie.' 2 of us girls were also taking French classes in High School so we thought it was really cool to be able to use some of our knowledge. The boat to DTD was nice since we were old enough to be able to go alone if we wanted, and they had special things around that were a little more 'teen oriented.' They had a French Caricaturist, bands playing music in the courtyards, and the grounds are BEAUTIFUL! I have never stayed at CBR so I can't make a good comparison for you, but if your kids are a little cultural and like artsy stuff like art, music, & dance then this resort is GREAT! If your kids are more into adventurous and extreme experiences then this resort may be a little too low key, but then again, that's what the parks are for :)

My sister (the 14 yr old) even bought a beret at the gift shop and wore it the WHOLE tip. She thought she was pretty cute :) Every picture we have of her from that trip has her wearing the beret ;)

princess:

All the things you mention sound wonderful to me. But since my 12 and 14 yr olds are boys (action & sports oriented boys!), I'm just not sure.... Now I'm wondering about Coronado Springs as a possibility. Will probably show the whole family photos of the various moderate resorts when they get home tonite and see what the consensus is. If the resort they like isn't available, we can always keep checking back to see if it opens up. Thanks for your advice!

Penguingal- We just got back from both resorts. I think your boys would like CSR better. The Dig Site pool is far superior to Doubloon Lagoon pool. It just seemed like older kids would enjoy it more. My girls had a blast at both but preferred CSR.

Originally posted by chriswee
Is there only one bus stop at POFQ and where is it?

Yup, one bus stop. It's right outside the building with the restaurants and lounge. POFQ shares transportation with POR but POFQ is picked up first and dropped off first.

We were going to stay at POFQ last year because of the boat to DTD and that's where Quest is and that's where DH and DS 12 spend a lot of time. They like DTD anyway. Just a thought. And, it's close to Typhoon Lagoon. It would have been nice for them. Too bad it closed last year when we were suppose to go :(

hi everyone,

we are leaving in 2 days and I'd like to fax in my request. We have reserved 2 adjoining rooms. Seems like Bldg 5 or 7 would be good -- non-smoking, close to the food and bus stop, fairly close to the pool. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have any specific likes dislikes about these buildings?

Thanks!!

Gregg

I haven't been yet but looking at the map one of those buildings would be good, the people who have been most seem to prefer number 5.

We are arriving May 2nd and I've requested connecting rooms so my sons can have their own room (so I can have a peaceful night's sleep!). There was much confusion with the CRO about whether you can have a king connecting to two doubles. Anyone been to POFQ know for sure if you can have that configuration? It sounds like a wonderful place - we are very excited!

Anyone out there have pics of the king rooms at POFQ?

My DH and I have a king room reserved, and I was just curious what those rooms looked like. :teeth:

Also, does anyone have a map of the complex at POFQ? We were just wanting to see how the buildings were laid out and where the pools were, etc?

Thank you!:wave2:

From what I could tell when I was there you really can't go wrong with location if your main concern is closeness to the main building and bus stops. We were in the middle section of building 1, and it really wasn't too bad of a walk. When you get there they have long golf carts that take you & your luggage to your room (or at least they did when we were there.) My grandmother didn't have much trouble at all making the walk to the main building and bus stops. I would say it took about 5-8 minutes, and the landscaping and fountains on the way are beautiful! Have fun everyone!

princess:

Mom 7011 - I actually called FQ this morning to ask about a king room connecting to a double; the room assigner said there are not any rooms that do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter