Thank you all...

Richyams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
...so much for your thoughts, prayers and for sharing your memories with us. I cannot tell you how much your responses and support have meant to me, Jacqui and the rest of Rich's family.

I'm sitting here trying to put it in perspective, and I'm left thinking this: there are 300+ responses from around the country, and from people that, for the most part, have never even met my husband personally.

I always knew he was special, but this is truly mind-boggling :)

And it says so much about this board, and it's members - each and every one of you ;)

Today we held Rich's service, and I thought I'd share a bit of what we did. Obviously, you know that Rich was not a "conventional" kind of guy, so it was only fitting that we held a somewhat unconventional service.

With some of his favorite CD's playing softly in the background (Aerosmith, David Bowie, The Doors, etc), I printed out all of your posts and set them out for everyone to see. We also placed a big Mickey and Goofy in the front of the room, along with four poster-boards filled with pictures (most of which were from Disney...including his very first visit back in 1973).

Approximately 100 people gathered and after a brief Catholic service (this was for me and his family....so sorry Rich!), several members of his family and a few friends got up and shared favorite times and memories of Rich.

Many of you know he was not a religious guy - so we placed his picture on the front of the funeral cards, along with this on the back:
Rich Hyams
"A Man, A Legend, A Way of Life"

Finally, I'd like to paraphrase one part of the priest's service (he was from my daughter's Catholic HS, BTW): "Love perseveres....not even death can stop love .

Even Rich, with his strong religious opinions, could not have agreed more.

Thank you all - and God Bless,
Lisa & Jacqui

Thinking of you today. And hoping you made it through ok. I think It's just fine about the service. Practicing the faith you were raised in... or not... there is somthing very comforting about a service you are used to participating in.

Have a peaceful night.

Lisa-

Please know that we all are thinking of you and your daughter at this time.

I have to say, that you are an amazing woman! You have taken the time to keep us updated during these difficult days for you. Rich was an important member of the DIS family, and it is so very special and thoughtful of you to know that...and to take the time to share your thoughts and feelings with us.

Bobbi

Lisa & Jacqui ~
Sounded like a beautiful service. May all the wonderful memories you shared with Rich stay with you always. Know that so many of us here hold you both close in thought. God bless.

You are always welcome to stay here to keep the memories alive (and to start some new ones of your own.)

:D

Lisa & Jacqui,

May fond memories and Rich's love see you through the days ahead.

:hug:

Thankyou for sharing the details about his......er....YOUR service with us. I must say I smile when I see you posting, thinking for a moment that it's him, still fine and dandy, typing away at the computer.

As Margie just said, may your memories and love carry you through the days ahead.

Dear Lisa and Jacqui, Thank you for letting us know about the service today. You are so thoughtful to write at such a difficult time. As was mentioned above, please visit us often. We would love to have you 2 on our boards, as you are already a part of our family. Fondly, Barb

Thanks so much for posting Lisa. As I stood in church yesterday I was thinking of you guys and saying a little prayer for you both. You had a fitting tribute to a really special guy. I'm sure he would like what you did. He can be so proud of you both. Please stop on by the boards and say hi once in awhile. As others have said, you are already part of this family. Peace and most magical memories to you and Jacqui.

It sounds like you gave Rich a very fitting tribute. And I agree with Loubon. Stay here on the DIS with us. You are always welcome. You are family. God bless you.

I was thinking of you two and your family about the time of the memorial service yesterday! It sounds like a beautiful way to celebrate a wonderful husband and father...

Lisa:sunny:

Thank you Lisa, for sharing the beautiful and special ceremony you held for Rich yesterday. I thought about you and your family while at Church yesterday. May your beautiful memories of a life shared with a wonderful person carry you and your daughter through the days ahead. God bless you!!

Patty

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I hope you and your daughter will stick around and post every so often to let us know how you are doing.

God bless -

Thank you so much for continueing to share with us. Please don't hesitate to come here for support if you just need to "talk". Folks here will be happy to talk with you. Hope to see you soon at OKW! I pray for strength for both of you in this difficult time.

Thank you for sharing.

Many years ago there was a Doonesbury strip about a man dying from AIDS who asked to have Aerosmith play at his funeral. I thought it was a great idea! I'm glad that Rich's funeral was held in that spirit.

Sounds like it was a beautiful service. Thanks for the update. Do'nt be a stranger.

Lisa & Jacqui,

Thank you for letting us know how the service went. It seemed quite nice and very appropriate for the Rich we knew on these Boards. We were thinking of you all yesterday.

I hope you continue to visit and post on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter