Terri Schultz replied to me

DisneyDad0315

Mouseketeer
My home resort is Aulani. I’m a Southern California local and I had some questions regarding Aulani and Grand Cal, so I emailed Terri Schultz, the Senior VP for DVC. I suggest anyone with a question email her. I got a reply in less than 24 hours.

Attachments

• BDF4C515-0E5D-4616-906F-CADCEF820B62.png
    BDF4C515-0E5D-4616-906F-CADCEF820B62.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 385
  • 48B4A3F6-E2A8-4BD0-840F-0416148C30EA.png
    48B4A3F6-E2A8-4BD0-840F-0416148C30EA.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 382

So this basically confirms every other resort and time share is capable of opening, but Disney chooses not to and blames it on the government. Yeah real class act there.
My home resort is Aulani is closed. Gran Cal too. I live on the West Coast, so those are my two spots. I live in California. Everything is different from county to county. For example, the theaters in my county are open, but the adjacent county are still closed. I personally don’t have a problem with the closure. I’ll bank my points and book next year. It’s all good to me. I appreciate Terri replying to me, as she didn’t have to. Have a great day.

Think she’s lying about grand California. No reason they can’t open that. Aulani I can see since Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine. Say you don’t want to open grand California without the theme parks being open which I can see. But don’t lie to us. Maybe she isn’t lying but doubt it. Are timeshares open in California?

Last edited:

What a strange letter. She did not actually say why GC is not open, and she did not address Aulani either. There are hotels open in Hawaii right now, correct?

What a strange letter. She did not actually say why GC is not open, and she did not address Aulani either. There are hotels open in Hawaii right now, correct?
I would have pressed more, but Grand Cal is not my home resort. I just want to inform owners they can try and get answers from the top. She did address Aulani and Oahu, which have stay at home orders.

Can you find out why shes not providing a reason for Grand Cal being closed?

Guest service has been atrocious during this.

She has said they are working with the state to get It opened and it may have in some way be tied to Disney opening the hotel,

Maybe instead of just criticizing her response you email her and ask the specifics since people have said other timeshares in Orange County are open. OP doesn’t own there and asked more about a Aulani.

IMO, it is certainly better than just assuming things. I know it’s why I emailed them in March about WDW.

She has said they are working with the state to get It opened and it may have in some way be tied to Disney opening the hotel,

Maybe instead of just criticizing her response you email her and ask the specifics since people have said other timeshares in Orange County are open. OP doesn’t own there and asked more about a Aulani.

IMO, it is certainly better than just assuming things. I know it’s why I emailed them in March about WDW.

Yes, I read the company line... Im commenting that if her guest service is so good, we shouldnt be getting the company line. OC is not preventing any of the Disneyland hotels from opening.

Yes, I read the company line... Im commenting that if her guest service is so good, we shouldnt be getting the company line. OC is not preventing any of the Disneyland hotels from opening.

I was simply suggesting you should push to get more specific answers from her yourself when the company line is not enough.

I agree that they haven’t shared a ton regarding it, but owners who want more have to seek it out when it’s not forthcoming,

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter