Terri Schultz replied to me

Well timeshares here on Oahu have been open since March. The Marriott Koolina Beach Club did not shut down one day.

IMHO it is a cop out to blame the government when it is a decision by DVC to not open. I do own Aulani points and it is a slap to my face to tell me to travel 5000 plus miles to use my points or let the points expire. I live here and bought points to use at Aulani. Now my only recourse is to use points on the East coast. If DVC is willing to pay for my airfare and rental car that would work.
There’s a 14 day self-quarantine order when anyone arrives in Hawaii right now. Would you really go to Aulani if you had to sit in your room the whole time?

There’s a 14 day self-quarantine order when anyone arrives in Hawaii right now. Would you really go to Aulani if you had to sit in your room the whole time?
I have family in Hawaii and I won’t go right now. I’m gonna surprise them and book a couple of nights. They live on Oahu, but rarely go to Aulani. My points will not be wasted. DCV for me was about hooking my family up, so it’s all good. Next year if things are ok, I’ll go to Aulani.

I have family in Hawaii and I won’t go right now. I’m gonna surprise them and book a couple of nights. They live on Oahu, but rarely go to Aulani. My points will not be wasted. DCV for me was about hooking my family up, so it’s all good. Next year if things are ok, I’ll go to Aulani.
I agree with you and see no good reason why Aulani is not open yet. I drive or walk by Aulani every day. See groundskeepers/maintenance personnel working and doing maintenance around the outside of the resort. There is also security sitting at the main entrance to ensure no one trespasses.

I agree with you and see no good reason why Aulani is not open yet. I drive or walk by Aulani every day. See groundskeepers/maintenance personnel working and doing maintenance around the outside of the resort. There is also security sitting at the main entrance to ensure no one trespasses.
Curios. Do you think most Aulani owners would be willing to pay the extra costs associated that might occur with only DVC open if they determine those are costs due to pandemic?
It may be why the quarantine is justification not to incur expenses for owners there and keep it shut?

The good news is that they are now doing some testing program so that should help get it open I would think!

Curios. Do you think most Aulani owners would be willing to pay the extra costs associated that might occur with only DVC open if they determine those are costs due to pandemic?
It may be why the quarantine is justification not to incur expenses for owners there and keep it shut?

The good news is that they are now doing some testing program so that should help get it open I would think!
I own at Aulani and I personally would not mind paying additional fees. I already pay a Transient Tax when i visit and I'm staying on my points. It's Hawaii, everything costs a lot. I've paid over $12 for a Big Mac Meal LOL. But that's me and I'm only speaking for my family. The Aulani water park is amazing and seeing the smile on my kids face when she gets in, is Priceless to me.

I would be willing to pay the differnce in keeping the resort open. Such as front desk, housekeeping, groundskeepers, Aunties beach house,the pools and activities. Would not be willing to subsidize any of the outlets that Disney charges for such as restaurants, spas, gift shops etc.

Considering groundskeeper, maintenance, security, etc are still employed I wonder what the cost per point it would add? There are approximately 353 hotel rooms and 460 timeshare villas as 2br equivalents. Aulani owners would already be paying a large percentage of the shared expenses since DVC rooms would occupy around 60%-70% of the resort if not more. DVC rooms occupy most of Aulani resort except for one short wing.

That’s good to know that you would. Maybe it’s at least worth sharing that?

The condo board is the only one to decide....if they even have that power. but it doesn’t hurt as an owner to let them know yours be fine with it!

One document might give insight is the property management one DVCM has with Disney to see if that discusses what happens if Disney has furloughed their workers. Owners are entitled to see it but have to request..which I was in the process o doing when they announced my home resorts opening so I did not.

I am still hopeful for owners there that the new testing protocol will play a role in them opening soon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter