Terapin's Journal: 5 yrs running! Couch to Goofy, Fracture to Fab, Baby to Dopey. Comments welcome!

Sorry it is so gigantic. I actually do have a chin and jawline - don't know what is happening in that photo.

Good morning!

Bright and sunny. Enjoying my second day of vacation.

Have been running well these last few days. I'm proud that my distance is going up: 11k two weeks ago, 15.5k last week, and after my run today I will be at 14.5 since Sunday for this week already.

We are going camping in the moho this weekend so I am excited to try some runs away from home. We are not camping at a destination spot, rather a RV park, but it is in the country so I should be able to find some nice roads to run on.

Here are some pics of our precious baby. We bought her so we can travel with the kids and are heading to California this summer for 4 weeks. It is nicer than our house!

Phaeton92911007-1.jpg

IMG_2855-1.jpg

IMG_2836-2.jpg

IMG_2899-1.jpg

Breakfast:
fresh roasted beans latte with raw milk
Tomatoes
small sweetened yogurt

Lunch:
-tomato soup
-fresh veggies (raw: red cabbage, carrots, radishes, green beans)

Snack:
30-40g natural salami
10 seed crackers (Mary's)
Coffee with milk and sugar

dinner:
Slice homemade meat loaf
1/2 egg noodles (whole wheat)
Cabbage and sesame Cole slaw lightly dressed

Exercise:
-6k run at 8:58/km (53 minutes)

What a nice, sunny day! Birds are chirping, sun is shining, kids have been outside for an hour.

Today my trainer has ordered a 45 minute bike ride going hard (update: DONE 11k/45 mins), and we are meeting at the gym later for a hard core workout. I also have my running class tonight - 2.5k - not too much but a busy day Eek! Update: did an extended session with the trainer for almost 2 hours including weights, 30 minutes cardio and core.

Breakfast:

-slice of leftover meatloaf-
-1/4 cup egg noodles
-1/2 cup blackberries
-latte with small amount sugar

Lunch:
1.5 cups minestrone soup
1/2 cup blackberries
1 cup mixed raw veggies (red cabbage, green beans, radish, carrots)
10 small Shasha chocolate cookies (100 cal)
tea with milk and a wee smidge sugar

Snack:
banana
cup of Keurig Apple Cider. Yum!

Dinner:
Lean Cuisine chicken parm
Handful raw walnuts

YAYYYYY! Down 2 pounds this week. Sitting at 241. I have worked so hard this week and it is terrific to see the scale reflecting that work.

Congrats Carolynn!! That is great! From what I am reading on your journal you definitely do work hard. Excellent to see it paying off for you.

Very cool pics of your motor home too! Looks like fun. :-)

Have a great day!
Mike

Thanks for the encouragement, Mike. Feel free to post anytime! Was beginning to feel a bit lonely. Like the company :goodvibes

Today:

Started the day with 5.75k run in 50 minutes - an improvement. Now a 8:48km, which is down 13 seconds over last week. Doesn't sound like much, but it is awesome to be improving.

Gotta take a rest today. After 11k biking, almost 2 hours at the gym, and the run today I need some recovery time.

Starting to pack up shortly, and head out for the weekend. Need some breakfast first.

So far:
-coffee with milk and sugar
-unsweetened applesauce

Snack:
Banana

Lunch:
Salami sandwich on ww with lots of mustard
Handful baby carrots
1 chicken nugget
10 mc d fries (my mom brought my little one a happy meal - d:-(. )
Coke zero

Snack
Coffee with milk and sugar
6 little shasha cookies (10 cal each)

Dinner:
1/2 cup basmati
1 cup curried chicken homemade
1/4 cup each daal, chickpea curry, spinach curry
350 ml milk

Glad to be here Carolynn! I saw you had a journal and had to check it out.

Your exercise efforts are inspiring!!

In my happy place. Sipping coffee. Going to be a nice day. Coach ordered a rest day and who am I to argue? Planning on getting the Moho all set up for the season and a good walk.

My abs are very aware of my long gym session. So laughing is out today. So is coughing and bending over. :rotfl:

Today:
Just coffee
Banana

Lunch:
Green apple
Big salad: spinach, fresh turkey, cucumber, mushroom, cheese with low fat yogurt Caesar dressing.
Tea with milk and sugar

snack:
Small bag of chips (120cal)
Coke zero
Glass milk

Dinner:
Roast turkey - small to medium amount
1/2 cup stuffing
1/2 cup egg noodles
2 tbsp gravy
1 cup asparagus
Cucumber

Treat:
Shared a mocha ice-cream peanut butter dessert thing with DH for his birthday. I'd say equivalent to a 1.25 cups ice-cream, a bit of whipped cream, and 2 tbsp peanut butter

Happy weekend!

Today was a run day and my coach asked me to run for 30 minutes, then turn back and cover the same distance in 29 minutes, for a negative split. I bested that and returned in 28! Had a great run and ran 10:1s, but skipped one rest break so actually ran one 20:1! This run was the longest and fastest for me so far. I ran 7k in 60 minutes. I am SO pleased with myself. And I felt great afterwards. Some muscle soreness and stiffness, but nothing significant. Happy.

Breakfast:
Banana
Coffee
Yogurt
1 cup Five Alive
1/2 pear

Lunch:
Ramen noodles (no msg) (we are camping- not a usual lunch)
Roast turkey
Baby carrots
Raw snap peas
Small amount cheese
1/2 pear

Snack:
Coffee with cream and sugar
1 cup leftover Indian food
Tea with milk and sugar

Dinner:
Roast chicken
Large amount sautéed bok choi with garlic
1/4 rice
3x1" dessert squares (little tiny bites) nanaimo bar, date square (net less than half a square)
Coffee

Morning'!

Today is packup day. Coach says I need to do a light 40 minute run, as tomorrow we are meeting for an intense session and also I have my last Learn to Run class with all our graduates.

Breakfast:

1 slice ww toast with small pat butter
2 egg mushroom and small amount cheese omelette
Half a banana
Coffee

Lunch:
Roast turkey with some gravy (homemade: cleaning out the RV)
cinnamon unsweetened applesauce
Coke zero (last of it- usually very infrequently)
spinach salad with mushrooms and cucumber with very light yogurt caesar dressing

Snack:
small ice cream sandwich (7g fat, 310 cal)

Dinner:
one piece ham
asparagus
cooked carrots
cabbage coleslaw with 2 tsp sesame dressing
4 olives, 1 pickle
DID NOT EAT the birthday cake!

Exercise:
30 minutes cardio (it's all I could fit in at 9pm at night with a kid in the bath)

Congrats on your great run yesterday!! Hope your "intense" day is good tomorrow!

Thanks and thanks. What kind of RV do you have? Do you travel much?

We bought a Thor Ace last summer. We've only used it twice so far though, once to Nashville and PA and once to Niagara Falls. We typically travel from home to Disney but we used to fly because of DH's miles but now he drives to work (DC) and airfare has gotten ridiculous so we decided to get the RV.
We've been shopping for a few years but the ACE was the right fit for us, it's hard finding an RV that sleeps 6!

I'm jealous of your TV and fridge! Your RV is beautiful.

We bought a Thor Ace last summer. We've only used it twice so far though, once to Nashville and PA and once to Niagara Falls. We typically travel from home to Disney but we used to fly because of DH's miles but now he drives to work (DC) and airfare has gotten ridiculous so we decided to get the RV.
We've been shopping for a few years but the ACE was the right fit for us, it's hard finding an RV that sleeps 6!

I'm jealous of your TV and fridge! Your RV is beautiful.

Thanks - it is a dream come true. With three kids we needed the bunks.

I like those Thor Ace. I have seen one in person and they are very nice. Airfare from the Toronto area is even more ridiculous. We are driving down next visit in October. Well, we are also driving to California and DL in the spring, but DL isn't the destination and we are only there for a few days...

Good day!

Bright and sunny here, with birds chirping. About to go out for an hour bike ride - UPDATE - Done 13k/60 minutes. Plus did 25 minutes core.

Met with my trainer at the track yesterday and he had me running working on speedwork. The track is 400m. I was running it in 200m sprints, trying for a negative split on the second 100m, then recovery running for the remainder 200m around the track. I didn't have negative splits for the first two attempts, (evens) but had great negative splits the last two. It is training my heart to cool down even while still running in the recovery runs, and also teaching me to conserve energy in the first half so I have a burst of speed in the second half.

We also did 1000m warm up, and a 1000m cool down at about an 8min/km pace.

THEN I had the last Learn To Run class to run with. I felt super human going out to run again, but rocked the 10:1s, and did a super fast out and back. My second lap was a negative split, and I ran the whole thing at a sub 8min/km pace (on review!), which is about at my top right now for any distance.

I felt awesome.

Not too sore today, more stiff. Need to get out on the bike for a bit today says my coach and core workout.

I'm not going to chart my food for a bit. I feel like I have been doing well. I liked charting for the accountability. May restart if I need to.

Have an awesome day!

It's been a while since I've posted on your journal but I'm glad to see you're doing well with it and making such great progress! Keep going! You're doing great!!!!!:cheer2:

Whoa, great job!!! That was an intense workout, but sounds like you conquered it! Good job!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter