Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Another repeat. They say we have gotten about 8 inches so far.

Yikes! Hope you avoid any flooding issues.

Pretty quiet and typical fall weather around here. Passing storms some days, sunny others. Was in the mid-80's yesterday. Later this week will top out in the 60's. I'd love fall in WI, if it didn't mean that winter is on its way!

Today suppose to be the hottest we have had all year 105. Wed we are suppose to have a cold front to come thru with a high of 86/61. If our heat index had not been so hot during the summer months, our summer would had been nice. Mid 90's. but heat index in my area was 108 to 113. Not good trying to keep a RV cool.

Yikes! Hope you avoid any flooding issues.

Pretty quiet and typical fall weather around here. Passing storms some days, sunny others. Was in the mid-80's yesterday. Later this week will top out in the 60's. I'd love fall in WI, if it didn't mean that winter is on its way!

Same in Northern Illinoyance, 60's by weeks end, time to break out the hoodies

Another repeat today. Suppose to be the last day. I had an appt to go to yesterday morning. Lots of puddles. The hour I was there it rained like crazy. Lots of flash flooding. The creek on our road was starting to flood the road. A field that has goats in it looked like a raging river. I sure hope they moved them.

Bad. They are saying 50+ people have died in West TN overnight. Temperature went from 60 to 72 overnight.
Prayers for Arkansas and Kentucky as well as TN.

Mayfield Kentucky needs lots of prayers. A 227 mile path cut through there. Longest ever recorded.

Hopefully all our Kentucky Dissers are ok. @JETS70

Everyone,

Thank you for the calls and texts. We are fine. Zero damage in our part of town (near the courthouse for Google Maps geeks like me). We used to live out "in the country" very near where the Amazon warehouses (there are 3 together) are. This area is on "the flats" where the Mississippi River used to run. Great farm land. Close to interstates, so ideal for huge warehouses. There are at least 20 in this area. The Amazon warehouses are some of the smaller ones.

We lost power last night about 8:30pm when the big round of storms came through and the Amazon warehouse was hit. We still have cell service so we could watch things on our phones/tablets. We saw the Amazon damage from the news broadcasts up on the highway. Last night, from the angle, it looked like 200-300 ft of the wall caved in. Here is a pic from the road early this morning. This was roughly what was on the news last night in the dark. It doesn't look terrible.

1639241495154.png

By air, in the light of day, this is what the damage really looked like. The tornado literally cut right through the building. For perspective on how big this is. The length of wall missing on the front is roughly a football field long (300 ft according to the news). Two people are confirmed dead as of this morning.

I know even more severe storms went through Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky in the general area of Denise and Frank. I see Denise already posted, so it sounds like they are good.

I'm sure there are a lot of DIS friends in these areas that are impacted.

We were pretty lucky. We didn't even have much wind. Umbrellas around the pool are still up. No trees down. We haven't been out today. We had power back around 4am and the temps outside were still mild. I'm going to venture out and check on the coach. It is in a storage lot in town about a mile from me. Ian went to work this morning and said there was some tree and siding damage closer to Sam's at the other end of town, but nothing severe.

j

I echo Team Bradford Happy to hear you are all well. Had conversation with GUS asking him to keep an eye on you and others in affected areas.

We went out to check on the coach and check out the rest of town. The MH is fine. We were incredibly lucky. There doesn't seem to be any damage other than out by the warehouses. We did drive out to the highway and tried to get out to where we used to live. The country road we lived off of runs right behind the warehouses. There is a tree line separating the road and a narrow field. We could only get so far down the road before the debris field from the factory was scattered across the field and road. Amazingly there only looked to be one structure with damage.

Here's a broader satellite view showing all the warehouses. The black line is roughly the track. There was a semi on I-270 (south of the Amazon warehouse) that was flipped into the median. The red pentagon in the upper right is where we used to live behind the university. Black line seems to be where it was on the ground.

We tried to get down to where we used to live off Sand Rd. There was a debris field on Sand Rd., behind the warehouse. The warehouses are just past the tree line. You could see where a narrow band of trees were chopped off and then debris about a 100 ft wide across Sand Rd wrapped around trees and telephone poles. Another few hundred feet and nothing.

20211211_120648.jpg20211211_120704.jpg

The warehouse from the highway. (I-270 and I-255) The crumpled metal is a high tension power line tower. This runs right behind the warehouses. It looks like 3 towers were taken out. This one just had the lines pulled off (seen still in the air) as the tower went down.

20211211_114737_copy_2000x1126.jpg

Youtube video link as we drove by.

j

Last edited:
Facebook is blowing up with more damage pics. We didn't drive up University Drive, the main road on to the SIUE campus. We lived in an apartment on campus when we first got married and I was in pre-med. I had the tornado path pretty close in the other pic. From the recent pics, I extended the line (blue) to where it apparently lifted. There are bluffs that rise up from the flats. Looks like the debris went right up to the bluffs. Up the hill and on top of the bluffs is a very expensive country club. "Old Money" club is how it was described when I moved over here. Some huge, very nice homes on the grounds that were just spared.

Sod farm on University Drive at the base of the bluffs (actually a hill at this point, instead of cliffs further south)

Looking back to the west towards the warehouses.

Warehouse debris. Houses on the hill are at the very back of Country Club Estates.

j

We just had a press conference with the governor, mayor and IEMA director.

6 confirmed dead at the Amazon warehouse and an unknown number still missing. Apparently Amazon was using flex shifts and they can't provide definitive records of how many were in the building. Search and rescue will continue for at least 3 more days.

:sad1:

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter