Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Ok, so early forecast was snowpocalypse. 6"-8". This morning, maybe 3". Me and the boy had the driveway and cars cleared in 1 hour.
Sun's out high of 28, what little is left on the driveway will be melted by sundown

Started morning hunt at 63 degrees. WAY back in swamps. So far we just staying in and sitting. Temps going down fast here too. Giving 27 by 6am. Rainy muddy mess.

13 degrees here right now. Dropping down to 8 overnight. Thankfully not much wind.

Going to warm up to high 30s tomorrow. The precip we got Saturday was a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. So the municipalities that pretreated are looking pretty good, but my drive into town to run an errand got a little dicey. Hopefully most melts tomorrow.

As I expected, we got nothing. It was in to low 20s all day and it is dropping to 10 or so, but a rebound to about 32 tomorrow. Tuesday will be just above average around 40, then the bottom drops out until we leave.

j

We are on the northern edge of the storm making it's way across Virginia, MD and DC. It is cold out, 27, but no snow, so that is good. Next chance of snow is Thursday/Friday and that is looking to be a coastal storm, so a lot can change between now and end of the week.

Yesterday produced!!! We got about 5" on surfaces quicker to get cold, about 3" of snow with 3/4 of slush under on the driveway. Penny LOVED the snow and frolliced for hours.

The plus side of being lazy taking down the outdoor Christmas lights!!..

This morning was a brisk 17F with a high of 33 in the forecast and sun. Since I did plow the driveway it should heat up and melt off most of the ice. Another 3-5 forecasted for later this week, but it's VA and I regularly doubt those predictions.

From the Western Frontier of the DIS Camping Board....

Here it comes again. Another round of cold on the way. It's in the 40s today, but tomorrow it's dipping to highs in the 20s and THU heading towards single digits again.

Another crack forecast of trace to 2" heading my way through WED night.

The good: the ground is going to be frozen enough to pull the trailer off the grass on to the pavement. No ruts, means no frustrated grounds keeper (DW) :bounce:

The bad: we're camping this weekend for DD's swim meet. Lows in the teens each night. 🥶

Here it comes again. Another round of cold on the way. It's in the 40s today, but tomorrow it's dipping to highs in the 20s and THU heading towards single digits again.

Another crack forecast of trace to 2" heading my way through WED night.
We were only in the mid 30s today, but windy, so wind chills were pretty nasty. They can't decide on our snow forecast other than it "probably" won't be much. One model says nothing. The other says a couple of inches.

I'm more concerned about Western KY/TN. Right now, it looks like they are getting 3 or so Thursday morning.

@2goofycampers, What do your weather people say? I'll be coming by on I-24 Friday evening. At least lows in TN are a few degrees warmer than here.

Thursday when I'm loading the car on the trailer looks a little rough.

j

From North Central, 40-60 mph winds on top of this past weekend snows, blizzard conditions (white outs from blowing snow) DW went to get GS tonight as tomorrow will be a stay put day. Advisory is from 9pm tonight to midnight tomorrow. looks like GS will stay a couple days with us, DARN!!!!

We were only in the mid 30s today, but windy, so wind chills were pretty nasty. They can't decide on our snow forecast other than it "probably" won't be much. One model says nothing. The other says a couple of inches.

I'm more concerned about Western KY/TN. Right now, it looks like they are getting 3 or so Thursday morning.

@2goofycampers, What do your weather people say? I'll be coming by on I-24 Friday evening. At least lows in TN are a few degrees warmer than here.

Thursday when I'm loading the car on the trailer looks a little rough.

View attachment 635876

j
They are saying on Thursday between 6am and 6pm we will get 4 inches of snow. Usually by Friday evening the Interstate should be passable. The mountain, can't say for sure.

They are saying on Thursday between 6am and 6pm we will get 4 inches of snow. Usually by Friday evening the Interstate should be passable. The mountain, can't say for sure.
I didn't even think about Monteagle. I should probably check their forecast too. Still planning on leaving Friday night unless the TN DOT site says roads are a mess.

j

I just went for my last run before the fun begins. It is pretty nice here. Crisp it is 48 but sunny. Nice pleasant jog. Weather for Sunday is showing 63 at the start so might be a little warm by mile 16 to 20.

Monteagle can be a white knuckler in even good weather
Monteagle doesn't bother me normally. I just checked the weather forecast though. Looks like they are going to get snow AND ice (1-3 inches) tomorrow. The ice is a nice touch on 6% grades. We won't be coming through there until Saturday morning, but it doesn't look like it will be above freezing until later Saturday. Hopefully the highway department has I-24 as a priority and the sun on Saturday does some good.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter