Tell me the "weather" where you live.

What's up with that 56% humidity. I had to laugh the other day when our local weather man commented about the unusually low humidity. It was 48%.

j

What's up with that 56% humidity. I had to laugh the other day when our local weather man commented about the unusually low humidity. It was 48%.

j
Humidity really isn't as high as people think. Especially here in central Florida. It goes up overnight and drops during the day. We get humidity in the mid 20s to mid 30s in the summer. Humidity was worse in Maryland. Mid to high 90s. It was like that when we were there 2 weeks ago. To be honest, I still haven't figured out the weather patterns here. Up north it was west to east. Here it can come from anywhere! More humid on the coasts, but they do get a breeze off the water.

The lightning is incredible outside. It's almost a strobe light sometimes. We're about to get blasted, but thankfully the storm is losing energy and should just get 2-4" of rain
As I said, by the time that mass of stuff on the west edge of the storm got to us it had lost a lot of energy. There was almost no wind as it came in. Just a small bit of hail and a healthy deluge of rain. Then as it left our house it picked up again and spurred a severe thunderstorm warning again and moved into MO. Another system blew through around 4am. Nothing severe, but a real toad strangler.

I did all the mowing yesterday to beat this, but when we get back from the trip I'm not sure we're going to be able to find the house. The grass is going to be 3 feet tall.

We are in the same rainy pattern as Part-Time Paradise. We are just getting it the following day. We have had 2-3 inches of rain today, but the sun came out and it heated up fast- low 90s. Humidity is ridiculous with all the rain. Severe thunderstorm watch now with warnings 2 counties over and heading this way. Usual Spring/Summer pattern.

Our long term forecast has a chance of thunderstorms everyday for the next week. At least the temps won't be too bad

And here's our radar. Looks like it will fill the pool again (I had to drain about 1 1/2 inches to get below the top of the skimmers)

j

86 degrees / 78% humidity and sunny, with constant threat of torrential downpour... and buggy. Also, muggy >>> at 10:48am

Right now it's around 70°. Predicted high 90°. We've had some really bad smoky days from the two big fires but the winds have shifted and it's pretty clear today.

It's been a weird summer here, weather-wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter