tell me about going to Disney solo

I have maybe a dozen times solo, maybe more.
Pros: everything. Doing what I want, when I want and not having to worry about anyone else.
Cons: Nothing.

The concept of traveling solo is sometimes a bit off-putting to strangers (and even cast members), and I've definitely dealt with some unsolicited "Aww, poor you" or "I could never do that / why would you do that to yourself / you're soooo brave to be here alone" comments when I mention it to people.

Really? I have never had anyone say that to me. They may think it but have never said or implied it. I usually get, "lucky you" if I get anything. If anyone said that to me, I would just point to the nearest miserable family with a kid having a melt down, smile, and say "yep, poor me". LOL

Really? I have never had anyone say that to me. They may think it but have never said or implied it. I usually get, "lucky you" if I get anything. If anyone said that to me, I would just point to the nearest miserable family with a kid having a melt down, smile, and say "yep, poor me". LOL

Yes, and that explains why I’ve had many people look at me with envy and say, “That sounds WONDERFUL!”

It doesn't happen too often, but they definitely haven't been shy about voicing their opinions! Luckily the comment you described is much more common. :)

I'm a bit different. I have a flexible, remote job and I've discovered that I really enjoy going to Disney every few months as a workcation. It's even better now because of social distancing lol. I've taken meetings in front of Cinderalla castle. Try getting dressed up and treating yourself to a nice restaurant. It's liberating. No real cons for me.

I've never done WDW solo, but I really want to. However, I did go to Disneyland Paris by myself for 5 days (4 nights) and go solo on most holidays and I felt like a solo city trip and a solo DLP trip are quite similar.

Pros: I can make up my own pace. If I want to take a break, I can. If I want to have an early lunch AND a late lunch, no one is stopping me. I can ride my favourite ride as often as I like and don't have to ride the rides I don't like. Neither do I have to spend too much time in a gift shop, or feel bad when I go outside to find a seat and have my travel buddy feel like they need to rush.

Cons: I get tired pretty easily in theme parks, and when I'm by myself it's easier to take a break and another one and another one and another one. Sometimes this means I miss out on certain things because I'm too tired. When I have someone with me who can convince me to do do a bit more and usually in hindsight I'm glad they did.
Also during my solo DLP trip I had a moment where I crashed around mid-day due to exhaustion and started to feel really lonely and emotional. It would've been nice to have someone with me to talk to then and someone to tell me to go and eat something because turns out I was mainly just hungry lmfao.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter