Tell Me About Deck 10

Shanti

Momketeer
For our next Dream cruise, I've booked us into stateroom 10614, which is starboard & midway aft on deck 10. I booked deck 10 because I wanted the overhang that deck 10 provides to get shade from the sun when we're on the verandah. I didn't go out on the verandah much on our last Dream cruise because it was too sunny for me to just lounge there.

My concern with deck 10 is the noise. Particularly, is the deck 11 music/Funnelvision programming very loud if you're in a deck 10 stateroom? Can people who have actually stayed on that deck on the Dream or Fantasy share their experiences? I've checked online room reports, but they are dated and few.

Last edited:
For our next Dream cruise, I've booked us into stateroom 10614, which is starboard & midway aft on deck 10. I booked deck 10 because I wanted the overhang that deck 10 provides to get shade from the sun when we're on the verandah. I didn't go out on the verandah much on our last Dream cruise because it was too sunny for me to just lounge there.

My concern with deck 10 is the noise. Particularly, is the deck 11 music/Funnelvision programming very loud if you're in a deck 10 stateroom? Can people who have actually stayed on that deck share their experiences? I've checked online room reports, but they are dated and few.
While not on the Dream, we were in 10612 on the Fantasy. Pretty much the same location, but port side. Underneath the port side entrance to Cabanas and the Aarcade (what's now Sweet on You).

The only "noise" I was aware of while in the room, were occasional walking or running (usually in the mornings), and the deck party following the fireworks the bass line in the music was pretty throbbing. That lasted about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

I'm sure some people will feel that the noise from the pool deck is "too much", but it wasn't so for me.

We've stayed on deck 10 forward, twice on the Fantasy. We love the location! So convenient when you want to quickly grab a drink or food. We didn't hear any noise our 1st time on 10 but this last time I did hear noise occasionally but couldn't figure out what it was. Wasn't too bothersome and we wouldn't hesitate to book deck 10 again. We have been in 10018 and 10518.

My concern with deck 10 is the noise. Particularly, is the deck 11 music/Funnelvision programming very loud if you're in a deck 10 stateroom? Can people who have actually stayed on that deck on the Dream or Fantasy share their experiences? I've checked online room reports, but they are dated and few.
We just got home from a cruise last week on the Dream. Our stateroom was 10046 midship & it was very noisy. I believe we were below the adult section of the ship but it was still noisy & parents let their kids run up & down the halls. We said we wouldn’t book on deck 10 again.

We are in 10004 on the Fantasy ... I think this is below concierge ... has anyone had experience with this area? Thank you! Cheers!

We just got home from a cruise last week on the Dream. Our stateroom was 10046 midship & it was very noisy. I believe we were below the adult section of the ship but it was still noisy & parents let their kids run up & down the halls. We said we wouldn’t book on deck 10 again.
Was it the hallways or deck above that was noisy? I'm not as concerned about hallway noise, because that can happen anywhere. We were on deck 5 of the Wonder last week, and the family across the hall gave three boys their own stateroom, and pretty much washed their hands of them, apparently...:crazy2: That was not quiet but it is something that could happen anywhere on the ship.

Last edited:
We were in 10600 on the Fantasy a few years ago. I wouldn't choose that area again. While we didn't notice noise from the music or funnel vision, what we did experience was an early morning wake up call every day. I'm talking a 5 AM wake up due to the deck chairs scraping overhead as the crew was preparing the area for guests. Normally the odd ship noise doesn't bother us, but this was really obnoxious.

It's funny. You chose this room specifically for the overhang. I hated the overhang. While it does give you shade, both my husband and I are into photography and it greatly limited the photos we could take from our balcony without the overhang ruining the picture.

We had a great cruise, but we all agreed that Deck 10 midship on the Fantasy (and I assume the Dream) was not for us.

Last edited:

We book 10614 anytime we are on the Dream/Fantasy. We have stayed in other staterooms on those ships as well but always go back to 10614. As others have said, there is a lot of deck noise late in the evening and then early in the morning. I work the Midnight shift and am up by 4:30 anyway so it makes no difference to me. My family could sleep through fireworks and would never wake. I'm a light sleeper so yes, if you are, you will hear it.

We had 10098 on the Fantasy in 2012. Yes, there was deck noise from above. Mostly moving deck chairs and rolling carts during the night (night crew cleaning, setting up).

We've cruised 7 times on deck 10 (or 8 on Wonder/Magic). DW has said that on occasion she's woken up by early morning deck chairs scraping about from deck 11, I've never had that problem. On Pirate night when we bail on the deck party, it's super noisy (of course) but otherwise, I've not noticed noise sufficient to call it a nuisance.

We were in 10158 just under Cabanas for our cruise on the Dream. It's in the aft section of the ship and I loved the easy access to the buffet and the extended veranda. We would definitely book that room again.

We actually choose Deck 10 all the way forward starboard side under the Rainforest unless we purchase a VGT or special rate cruise. These cabins are very quiet and have the awesome overhang. 10500,10502,10504,10506.

We recently sailed on the Fantasy in cabin 10638 (aft starboard under Sweet on You) And while it was fairly quiet, the side to side motion of the ship gave me a bit of "stillness Illness" when we docked in St. Maarten. Totally fine on our sea days, but we dock at St. Maarten and I am sick for 5 hours...for the first time ever. Very strange. lol

I was forward-starboard on Deck 10 and I found it to be very convenient. It’s great because you can just take a few stairs to all the action. It’s so easy to grab a burger from Flo’s or a few drinks and take it back to your verandah. As for the noise, it really isn’t bad but I heard castmembers dragging deck chairs in the morning.

I had stateroom 10548. I thought I was going to appreciate the overhang because it would provide shade which it did, but I love taking pictures from my Verandah and I hated that the overhang was in my way and I had to maneuver my way around it depending on what I was taking a picture of.
As far as the noise... it was ridiculous! The dragging of the chairs at night, super early in the morning.. anytime. I believe Flo's Cafe was above us and it was not pleasant. It was really awesome though the quick access to beverages and Cabanas.
My husband was not bothered by any of this as he is a heavy sleeper and doesn't care about taking pictures, so I guess it's all about perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter