Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

Cool tunes, Mr. Thong wearing organizer. I listened to them in 1984, too- when I was in COLLEGE!:rolleyes:

We stopped at CS on the way to AKV on the ME- it looked really nice! Did Kara get you an upgrade?:rotfl::thumbsup2

Okay...so you were in college! I was ALMOST in college myself! It was my senior year in high school! (way before my thong-wearing, Brazilian-loving days.) ;)

Just keeping up with the TR !! Julianna ... Great Pix of the SIGN!!!!!

Thanks Rosie!

Wow, what a report so far. Followed you from the "DisMoms Gone Wild" report. What fun you guys must have had. :thumbsup2

You seem to be alot like my DH, only he wouldn't have waited an hour to get everyone up like you did. :rotfl2: He gets up at 2 am and we are pulling out of the garage at 2:20. We don't stop, except for gas and potty stops, until we hit Atlanta, GA and we live in the middle of Iowa! What a day's drive that is.

I will say we hate driving through Atlanta! Hate it, hate it, hate it. Last time we drove down in March 2008 was when the tornado went through downtown :scared1: and we were driving in it :scared1:. But no matter what it seems you better plan on it taking at least 2 hours to get through Atlanta. I would love to know the route around Atlanta on side roads just to avoid that city.

Love the sound of your CD music. I lived through that era too! Ahhhhh, the 80's.

Can't wait for more of the Griswold's do Disney report!

Hahaha...I can tell you hubby is a Griswold as well! Making good time to Atlanta!! :rotfl2:

Yes, how often do you really get a chance to listen to songs from the SAME YEAR? I mean, sure, we have satelite radio these days....but you only get the "all 80s" channel....this was the "1984" channel specifically!!! How cool is that? Listening to those songs all together really took me on a little sentimental journey! Back to the days when I had HAIR and a 28 inch waist. Ahhh...if I only knew THEN what I know NOW!

Great update!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Another update is coming soon.

I don't want to say how old I was for those 80's tunes...:rolleyes1

No matter how many times I see the WDW welcome signs I get teary eyed!:goodvibes

Great update Alan!:thumbsup2

Thanks, Kathy! I love to see that sign also! Just looking at the pictures brings back the excitement of that moment!

We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort last year on our very first trip to Disney World and loved, loved, LOVED it! This year, we had originally intended to stay at the Pop Century to save a little money. However, when I started reading about the refurbished rooms at CSR, and the addition of the queen-sized beds, I had to check into upgrading. As it turned out, I could upgrade from Pop Century to CSR for about $450. I thought it was well worth the upgrade, all things considered.

Anyway, we all agreed that if we had arrived at Disney World and had to pass by Coronado Springs without checking in, we would have been sad. CSR is our Disney home, for sure!!

01-026.jpg

01-027.jpg

01-028.jpg

01-029.jpg

We had arrived! Now it was time to get out of the vehicle and check in!

01-031.jpg

01-032.jpg

01-033.jpg

01-034.jpg

01-035.jpg

We didn't have to wait in a line at all! We literally walked straight up to the registration counter and checked in. Our castmember welcomed us "home" and wished us a Happy 15th Anniversary! (Oh....I guess I should have mentioned that.....Dear Wife and I were celebrating the 15th Anniversary of our first date....way back in 1994!) She gave us "Happy Anniversary" pins and gave the kids "we're celebrating!" pins.

The only pre-request we had made was that we wanted one of the refurbished rooms with the queen-sized beds. As our cast member was checking us in, I asked her, "did we get one of the refurbished rooms?" She said, "You sure did!" You'll be in building #4. (I looked over to Elizabeth and said, "that's the Casitas! Cool!") Yep, it was in the Casitas area. Last time, we were in the Ranchos area. We liked it very much, but we were sort of hoping to get a room in the Casitas area this time. So, now I'm happy before I even stepped foot into our room!

By this time, it was around 3:30 or so. We had lunch around noon and we didn't have dinner scheduled until 8:05pm at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. So, we decided we should probably use a snack credit to hold us over until dinner. Since we were already in El Centro (CSR's main building), we thought we would go into Cafe Rix for a snack and our complimentary refillable resort mugs.

01-036.jpg

01-037.jpg

01-038.jpg

Those HUGE muffins and cookies were considered snack credits on the dining plan! Woohoo! The kids both got chocolate chip muffins, while Elizabeth and I got two big cookies.

01-039.jpg

01-040.jpg

Then it was time to go find our new home for the next week.

01-041.jpg

01-042.jpg

01-043.jpg

Our building was THIS close to Bus Stop #2! We had a very short walk each day to the bus stop.

01-044.jpg

Coming up next - we check out our beautifully refurbish room, then the kids and I go swimming while Elizabeth unpacks and unwinds!

Hi Alan! So happy to see you are posting your trip and I'm catching the beginning of it:yay:! We were at WDW at the same time (May 16-24) and we actually caught a glimpse of you all in Animal Kingdom. Would've said hi but you were high-tailin' it to (Dinosaur? Everest? Eat? LOL!) somewhere fast! Every one of you had a smile on your face :) ~ despite the rain! So here's that HI! Looking forward to your new trip report! ~ Tara

A day late and already 5 pages! :eek: :goodvibes
I haven't gotten caught up yet, but looking forward to reading it all!

Caught up now-thanks for the quick links!
Loved that you could rock out during the drive!! Sounds like a REALLY great CD. I love me some 80s rock.

I loved all the pics up until the resort, I could feel the excitement building and building. That is a fantastic picture of the WDW sign! :thumbsup2

Okay Alan,now I understand how you came out with 1500 pics! I came home with 105 - we took so few because we did so little this trip (sickos in the family :sad2:)
I may need to borrow Julianna for my next trip. She takes awesome pictures!
CSR looks fabulous! Nice resort and the food doesn't look bad either!:thumbsup2

I guess I am the only person here that doesn't mind driving through Atlanta :confused3 It's been a few years since I was there but when I go through there it is usually on my way to relatives and a trip to the beach and when we hit Atlanta, it means we only have 4 more hours to drive that day! Maybe that's why I don't mind Atlanta - after you've driven 18 hours, 4 hours seems like you're almost there:cool1:
Enjoying the report so far Alan! Now when are we planning another one?:rotfl2:

You've arrived! Now everyone's looking a little more awake and excited! ;) Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to hear if your buttons garnered you any special treats! I hope so!! Hurrah for a refurbbed room AND one close to the bus stop! Things are off to a good start! :thumbsup2

Just seeing your pictures is making me so excited!!!!! We leave in 8 days!!!!! So I need more pictures, quickly!!!! :rotfl2:

love TR's the always give me motivation to keep going. I'm only a year and half away from our next trip. Keep the pictures coming

so excited to read this report!! I really enjoyed your TR from last time and was wondering when a new one would come along!!!! :) Great start and can't wait to read more...by the way..your pics are beautiful!!!! :)

Managed to find this TR just now....glad I made it while your are still on "Day 1" of your trip. Look forward to the rest!

(by the way, love that they have a store (I believe) called Panchito's! I like seeing some of the lesser-known characters get billing when the theme fits.

Hi Alan, read your last trip report and can't wait to hear how this trip went. We live in Jacksonville, FL and I felt bad for ya'll being at Disney will all the rain. It is still raining everyday just not ALL day.

It's going to be quite a long time until we go again. I feel like I am beginning a trip reading right along with you! Thanks!

Hi Alan,

It's been a while since I chimed in but letting you we're still along for the ride. As, for the drive, thank goodness for portable DVD's and Mp3 players (with headphones) for long trips. Keeping the kids entertained is the hardest thing to do. I too, get to control the radio all the way. I love my Sirius radio!

I'm am SO hoping to stay at CSR on the next trip. You pics remind me why...it is so beautiful and looks wonderfully relaxing. I can't wait for more!! Question: does CSR have their own resort mugs? I have only seen the generic ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter