Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Awesome Ronda!! Thanks for the report!

I get those blisters sometimes too, exactly where you are talking about, just behind the toes on the ball of the foot. Usually it's when I am doing more miles than I have before, or am ramping up again after some time off.

Was 20 the furthest you had gone?

Oh, and on a completely different note, the DIS has gone nuts for me. It's showing posting times not-quite-an-hour different. This post says 10:42PM for me, and it's 9:51 here.

Yes my posts about her RR keep coming in *prior* to her writing it. :confused3

I arrived at the starting line a little undertrained, but healthy. I'm a run walker and hoped to average 13:00/mile. For the first half I did that. I slowed down and around mile 15 felt the same big, honkin' blisters starting on the ball of my feet. Right behind the middle toe. When I walked it hurt. When I ran it felt as if my feet were tearing. Much like 2010 I did some math. Realizing I could walk and not get swept, I walked. Pace for the second half was closer to 17:00.

Blisters are my biggest fear! I'm curious about what kind of socks you wear.

There's got to be something in my stride/strike. Maybe it's when I get tired. Maybe it's the stuttering stride in traffic. I don't know. The two times I've done 20 mile long runs it hasn't happened. Frustrating and disappointing, but the bling and sense of accomplishment brings it all into focus.

Doesn't feel amazing to have that Mickey Medal? :love:

I traveled with our friend Robin. She grew up in central FL and went to the MK a lot as a kid. Hadn't been back for long time. I got to show her AK and DHS. We arrived Friday around 7:30. Checked into Pop and headed for Epcot for Illuminations. DHS was evening EE. We got to ride ToT and RnRC. She screamed.

:rotfl2:

We went to bed around 9:00 with two alarms and a wake up call set for 2:30. I was out the door a little before 3:00. Every year brings tales of bus catastrophes - this year sounds like BWV may have had some runners miss the start. I'm too much of a control freak to let this much planning rest on catching a bus. I drove to Epcot, ate a bagel in the car and napped for 45 minutes.

I can't imagine missing the start because of bus issues. From BWV no less! Gah! They could have WALKED to the start! :sad2:

What did you think of all those porta-potties! :laughing:

Running through the parks is fun, but it's only, what four, five miles of the 26. That's a lot of two lane roads to chew through. I enjoyed the entire weekend. It was as if the race was just what I had to do Sunday morning. Robin was able to see me on Main Street and at the Poly. She went to Epcot got to ride Soarin' and the Land. Then she saw me at Spaceship Earth and it was done!

Yes. The parks are fun! The rest of it left an awful lot of time for me to wonder what the heck I was thinking! :headache: The most horrific part that I recall was around miles 18-20 (I think?). After leaving AK, heading towards WWoS then doubling back on the same highway. I *swear* that stretch was up hill both ways :eek:

After an ice bath we went to the MK and rode and strolled.

Ok. Seriously? You went right out to MK? I napped. Then I ate. A lot :laughing:

We had ressies for the Wishes dessert party. No way we got our money's worth in dessert, but waiting for the fireworks without the crowding was wonderful and easily worth the price.

nice. :thumbsup2

We returned to the MK Monday and just soaked up the Disney atmosphere. I got a step workout at the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Did you wear your medal?

I'm a little sore. The feet feel better. I'm a marathoner.

Ronda

Yes. Yes you are a marathoner! I'm so happy for you! :goodvibes

Oh, and on a completely different note, the DIS has gone nuts for me. It's showing posting times not-quite-an-hour different. This post says 10:42PM for me, and it's 9:51 here.

me too! Times are wonky, posts are definitely out of order....I'm thinking it's just shennigans by a rouge group of gremlins :rotfl:

Kat - I trained up for the St Louis Go! full in April. They closed the full course before I reached the split due to heat. I and a few hundred other slowpokes had to complete the half instead.

On the blisters, I've not had problems in other halfs and the long training runs didn't create trouble either. Just these two races. Maybe it's the 5:30 a.m. start! I top out at 20 for training and have done that twice (MfM plan).

Nancy - I've always liked the double layer Wright socks. As I was fretting about the blister potential this fall I googled a lot. For a while I tried duct tape and regret not sticking with it. I tried some anti blister socks from my LRS. Too thin. I got a pair of Asics Kayano socks. A little thicker, but a tight fit. The tightness was supposed to allow for less movement between skin and sock. I wore them for my 16, 18 and 20 mile runs with no trouble. :confused3

Yes, I wore the medal Sunday. Felt nice.

Porta potties - the quantity of all the stuff they need is stunning. Someone asked on runDisney's FB page how many yellow and orange cones were needed to mark the course. I can tell you they were provided by Bob's Barriers. Their trucks were waiting to pick them up outside AK.

I've learned to keep moving after a race. Hardest steps I took were getting up from the plane Monday night! Oh, we ate! Great burger at the Plaza and the dessert party. Milk and cookies!

Lisa - I'll echo Kat and recommend Chrome. There are a few sites where I have to switch back to IE - that's the site's fault. American Airlines wouldn't pop their seating selection in Chrome. Also, when connecting to Disney's internet service I had to use IE. Chrome only got a blank about page. On a positve note, and totally unrelated to your problem, it appears Disney only dinged me for one day of internet service. I never had to re-consent to the charges. I had hooked wifi to it. Mattered? Don't know, but I named it FreeDisneyVacationWiFi and saw a few others had connected to it at Pop ; ) DVC gets that gratis, no?

Disney's pics aren't up yet, but here's the payoff:

photo-1.jpg

Ronda

BLING! BLING! Love it! :goodvibes You are so inspiring Ronda.

I was really down this morning b/c I couldn't barely get to 2 miles without pain and Rey told me that it doesn't matter, that I WILL finish that Princess next year, even if I have to crawl the last couple miles. Yep, my husband is great at pep-talks! :laughing:

I need to go do my bio...

On the blisters, I've not had problems in other halfs and the long training runs didn't create trouble either. Just these two races. Maybe it's the 5:30 a.m. start! I top out at 20 for training and have done that twice (MfM plan).

Nancy - I've always liked the double layer Wright socks.

This may sound odd - but I think the pavement in Florida is different too. I'm not sure why that would have anything to do with it, but who knows! :confused3

I've always liked the wright double layer too. That's what I wore today! :)

and I LOVE the bling! :thumbsup2 Seriously - you should make that your FB profile pic!

I was really down this morning b/c I couldn't barely get to 2 miles without pain and Rey told me that it doesn't matter, that I WILL finish that Princess next year, even if I have to crawl the last couple miles. Yep, my husband is great at pep-talks! :laughing:

I need to go do my bio...

awww! So sweet! I love it when spouses, family & friends are so supportive! Really helps a ton!

and Karen, yes. You do. Get on that bio! :laughing:

Height: nearly 5'11"
Weight: 188 on a good day. I have more or less maintained that weight since the end of october except for the typical holiday gain.

Personal Stats: Married 9 years in June and we have a 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy
Live in: FL- a mere hour and 15 minutes from the world :)
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom with DD and DS and EPCOT with DH for drinks and date night.
Passions: my family,reading,camping,running,edwardcullen :lovestruc

Weight loss plan and goals: WW is working very well for me. Would like to lose maybe 15 more pounds. Its going to be a long road as my body gets very happy in the 180s. Running was alot easier when I was in the 170s and I need to get back there. I want to work on my 5k time this year, so after the princess in February I am focusing on that running goal.

I'm a little sore. The feet feel better. I'm a marathoner.

Ronda

Amazing! :cool1:

and I LOVE the bling! :thumbsup2 Seriously - you should make that your FB profile pic!

Agreed! It would make a great profile pic!

Ooh... can newbies join in too?

Always! Jump in, post a bio that way we can get to know you! Kats right - we love details!

Yep! The Goddesses were UBERwelcoming to me last year when I joined and have been a huge source of inspiration for me! :lovestruc

:lovestruc

RONDA!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

That RR was SO inspiring!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!!

I love your race reports - you always make me feel like I can do what you do. It's such a gift. Something so human and at the same time extraordinary in how you write them.

Sounds like a great marathon and a great trip!

I hope you decide to come to the Princess. We have a walking block - we get a little silly and I have been known to dance up hills but it's fun. I am sure the running block is fun, too!

Blisters - yes, I get them there. I have given up on the Wright socks, but I got some others last year that I like. I'll look at the name.

Also, I have a bag of barely used Wright socks and a water belt up for grabs - if anyone wants either let me know!

Welcome to all newbies! And any lurkers, come play. We are nice!!!

So I have been tracking since Jan 3rd! YAY me! I also exercised 4 days this week so far. And I bought Zumba shoes for my class. It's starting to get dark in here again!

I use Wright socks and love them! (except the darn price!) :rolleyes: Liz, if no one else wants them, I could use them, I only have 3 pair right now so I get in deep trouble when I'm lazy with the wash! :laughing:

Love the pics Ronda and your FB pic is PERFECT! :thumbsup2

Well, our nice weather is over, I knew it had to come eventually and it came overnight in the form of snow! I had almost forgotten what snow looked like! ;) 15 DAYS until Disney Goddesses! I'm crazy excited and can't believe it's really happening, part of me thought I would never make it back. Part of me is excited for it to be over so I can train more. That's strange. :p

I'm dying to live vicariously through you guys this year with the Princess, but this is the last year I'm on the sidelines, I'm gonna be there next year!

E~Where is your bio woman!?!?

Karen - I hear you on the weather. The roads around KC are nasty slick this morning. Calamity ensues. It's not much snow, but was warm and then cold enough to make a layer of ice. Come on sun!

I'm excited for your trip. It's going to be WONDERFUL! The urge it train is not strange at all :rolleyes:

Back to socks. I've used Wright socks for several halfs and other than the first on had no trouble. Still love 'em.

PrincessRhi - Yes, come on in!

Kelly - you running?

Liz - yea on the tracking! It just works. Zumba has shoes?

Nancy - Everything is different in FL!

Amy - I'd sell a timeshare of my soul for a couple inches of your height. I got the generation skipping short gene.

I am back on the treadmill tomorrow... something short.

We are going to St Louis this weekend. DGF's mom has moved to rehab/skilled nursing and seems to be on the mend. We've been caring for her dog, Gus. She's anxious to see him. He's a great motivator for her. I've got a mild cold right now - always when I fly - so I don't know how much I'll see her. It's my brother's bday tomorrow. I'll get to see him and the kids. Good motivator for me!

Ronda

Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD. :rotfl:

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. :scared1: So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start :)

Welcome Rhi! :goodvibes Ooooh, new nickname already! I have a bad memory, consider yourself lucky that I've done this and won't forget your name...or SPELL IT WRONG for months! RONDA! :laughing:

Welcome Rhi! :goodvibes Ooooh, new nickname already! I have a bad memory, consider yourself lucky that I've done this and won't forget your name...or SPELL IT WRONG for months! RONDA! :laughing:

Even if you do spell it wrong, it's OK. I'll still likely answer to it :)

My favorite mis-spelling now leaves me feeling like Michael Bolton in Office Space-- "why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!" Oh Rihanna, your poppy vibes have overtaken the wonderful Irishness of my name.

I use Wright socks and love them! (except the darn price!) :rolleyes: Liz, if no one else wants them, I could use them, I only have 3 pair right now so I get in deep trouble when I'm lazy with the wash! :laughing:

They are yours!!! I suck at mailing things out, but I will make the package and leave it for DH to do. :lmao:

Well, our nice weather is over, I knew it had to come eventually and it came overnight in the form of snow! I had almost forgotten what snow looked like! ;) 15 DAYS until Disney Goddesses! I'm crazy excited and can't believe it's really happening, part of me thought I would never make it back. Part of me is excited for it to be over so I can train more. That's strange. :p

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip and tell us all about, live TR.

I'm dying to live vicariously through you guys this year with the Princess, but this is the last year I'm on the sidelines, I'm gonna be there next year!

Yes, next year you need to be with us! Woo!

E~Where is your bio woman!?!?

Good question...sending out the search party for E!!!!

Liz - Zumba has shoes?

They do! Not only do they have shoes, they have 5 main brands and tons of reviews to read! :rotfl:

But really, the shoes have pivot points and allow for lateral movement. Zumba in running shoes is an injury waiting to happen. It's latin dancing, that's how you have to think of it. I did the class barefoot last week, then went online and read up on it. The shoes I bought were Capezio and were cheaper at the local store than online. Love when that happens.

We are going to St Louis this weekend. DGF's mom has moved to rehab/skilled nursing and seems to be on the mend. We've been caring for her dog, Gus. She's anxious to see him. He's a great motivator for her. I've got a mild cold right now - always when I fly - so I don't know how much I'll see her. It's my brother's bday tomorrow. I'll get to see him and the kids. Good motivator for me!

Ronda

Have a safe trip! I am heading to see family this weekend, too!

Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD. :rotfl:

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. :scared1: So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start :)

Welcome Rhi!!!!!

So, you had me when you listed "drinking wine" as one of your passions. :thumbsup2 Yeah, you fit right in here! :goodvibes

You are going to the Princess this year? What are you pacing at now?

Also, I am 5 7 and close to your weight and I get the up and down. I also LOVE the wedding planning process so I am hoping you will be planning one at Disney so I can live through you. :lmao:

Welcome Rhi!!!!!

So, you had me when you listed "drinking wine" as one of your passions. :thumbsup2 Yeah, you fit right in here! :goodvibes

You are going to the Princess this year? What are you pacing at now?

Also, I am 5 7 and close to your weight and I get the up and down. I also LOVE the wedding planning process so I am hoping you will be planning one at Disney so I can live through you. :lmao:

Yeah, I love wine. I'm kind of sad that I learned of the Wine and Dine plan a little too late, but there's always Epcot. :)

I'm in the planning process of the Princess details now-- three friends and I who ran this past weekend *just* decided on Monday that we wanted to do it. Another girls' weekend run-cation at Disney-- Hooray! Once I get details, I'll definitely let you guys know.

Right now I'm pacing anywhere between 11 minute miles when I'm running to 15 minute miles if I'm walking. That being said, I am mostly walking because I'm out of shape for distance and I'm not really used to Florida running yet.

I am sure you'll hear all about the wedding planning because I anticipate running around with our heads cut off. We figured that once we could settle on a 'when' our day would have something to do with Disney. He has already vetoed non-stop rides of Space Mountain. It's a special place for us, and helps some of our friends/family with younger kids be able to do their Disney vacation AND travel for a wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter