TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

:wave2: GOOD MORNING!

I will be back in a bit with responses and the QOTD but first I have to share my exciting news. I am posting from a very special place today, a location that I haven't been in a very long time and I can't stop smiling!

This morning I arrived here:

:banana: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3::dance3: party: party: party: party: :jumping1::jumping1::cool1::yay::woohoo::banana: :cool1:

That is fan-freakin'-tastic, Beach Pal! Hugest of huge congratulations to you. :woohoo: :cheer2: You must be over-the-moon!

(I have to admit, when I started posting in this forum, I had to look up what Onederland meant as I hadn't heard the term before. Haha, such a newb am I.)

Okay, had breakfast and coffee and ready to go. I may be spending the day running up and down the stairs to weigh and stare at the scale! Actually I took a photo so I can just keep looking at that.

So since I have reached a big goal I am going to reward myself, but of course, not with food. So today's question is 2 parts.

QOTD:
1. Do you set "mini-goals" for yourself and how do you celebrate when you reach them?
2. What are some non-food rewards that you use to reward yourself for reaching goals?

I have had a few goals in this challenge. My overall goal was about 20 pounds (can't remember exactly what I told Tigger), but I was also focusing on the first 10 pounds, and then of course reaching Onederlad.

After the first 10 pounds I went and got a manicure, which I haven't had in a very long time. My Onederland reward is getting my hair recolored to cover these grays-just made that appt! I think for the next 10 pound loss I will get a mani and a pedi. I really need the pedicure but hate people touching my feet so not sure about that.

I have decided that my reward for 190 will be buying new undies!:blush:

Hey everyone! I've been struggling some. I haven't had any changes on the scale at all guess its better than gaining though. I've been off my 30 Day Shred rotation but my brother got a Wii and I've done some boxing on there and stationary bike for cardio. My eating is all over lately. I'll get it back on track. Spring break is also throwing me way off.
Trying to get back on track maybe I can get back to staying in touch on here better. Sorry I couldn't help with any more losses yet. :guilty:

I have a new motivation as sometime this summer I'll be taking Zoe to visit the ex. He hasn't seen her in a long time. It will be weird because we'll be staying with him(and his new live in girlfriend and her 2 kids). Strange situation but sure we can all get along.

Great to see you. I have been worrying about you. Keep on checking in and that will help keep you focused. :) It sounds like you are doing great with exercise, not work on the food part. Check out the meal planning thread and see if there is anything there that can help you out.

That is great that you can all get along. It will mean a lot to Zoe to see her dad and it is always so much easier if everyone can be happy (or at least pretend to be!).

Welcome to Health Habits Week 12

Week 12 is 3/18-3/24.

This is a back to basics week!

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water.
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 2 servings of veggies per day.

We can all do this so record your points and next Friday I challenge everyone to send in ppoints.
Come on everyone! :cheer2: 2 servings of veggies a day should be easy peasy. One nice salad can give you 2 servings a day. Add a salad to your day and everyone should be able to get at least one 7 to send in.

The merge is coming! The merge is coming!:goodvibes

Things will be a little busy at first, but be patient. It will slow back down to a manageable level.:goodvibes
So excited to meet some new people and get perspectives and insight from others. :goodvibes

sorry to report a 1 pound gain thiws week. I had the munchies and ate everything I coud get my hands on. Back to the basics this week. when does this challenge end?
It looks like the plan is for it to go until May 20 so you have plenty of time to get back on track. Get out that journal, plan your meals and snacks and get right back on program. You can lose that 1 and at least one more by next week. :cheer2:

Good morning Donalds!!

Just a quick post and am heading to work early, but hope that means I'll get out early and be able to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we're getting. Supposed to hit 60 degrees.

Wish I had more time to catch up. Good wishes for good numbers on the scale, and warm spring weather to hit everyone and inspire us all to stay on track and make some good healthy changes that will last us a lifetime.:hug:

Have a great friday!!:)
Great weather here too. Have a great day! :sunny:

So, last night I went for a run...and I HATED it! . . . So, while I don't really like running with BF, I know he will make me a better, faster runner and he is pushing me because he loves me :hug:

Since I decided to get back into checking in here, I have done a lot better. And, the scale showed it this morning :woohoo: After 4 weeks of losing just over 1 lb total, this week I posted a 1.8 lb loss :banana: which is a lot closer to what I was losing when I started this whole journey.
:cheer2: Great loss! I really do think that being here everyday is a huge help. Maybe we should suggest that as one of the Healthy Habits!

Great job on the run. :thumbsup2

Good Morning DONALDS. HOpe this day finds you all well.

My DD3 is sick so we haven't been doing a whole lot the last couple of days even though the weather has been BEAUTIFUL. We did for a nice walk around the neighborhood yesterday but that was about all she could handle for the day. tired her out..
Hope she gets to feeling better quick. There is a ton of stuff going around here and it seems like everyone is getting sick. Open the windows if you can and let that beautiful weather fill your home if you can't go out into it!

Hey CC! I guess I just want to let you know why I don't participate with the HH. I feel bad that more people haven't been participating, but I guess it just (don't know how to say this right.....) seems too easy. I feel like I should leave the HH to the people who are still new or still trying to get established in a healthier lifestyle. Can you understand this at all?
I can understand where you are coming from, but healthy habits are something you have to maintain for a lifetime. Think of how many people you know, have seen, read about that, whatever that adopted a healthy lifestyle either with exercise, diet, quitting smoking and stuck with it for a year or maybe more but then slowly started slipping backwards. It is just as important for you to stick with these habits as it is for us newbies so you deserve the points and credit just as much as we do. :)

If they seem to easy then you could push yourself to your own personal goals above the ones listed, like 45 minutes of exercise or 4 serving of veggies AND no junk . Then give yourself the HH points for the days you achieve your modified goals-- you will have still done at least the minimum those days.

Gotta be honest here. I was pretty disappointed with my number on the scale this week. Might explain why the loss wasn't bigger, but still really annoyed. I will take one more peek at the scale tomorrow, but I don't expect any big change by then. Tha hardest thing is KNOWING that I ate nearly perfectly this week.... right on target with my points, worked out Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs, stayed busy, drannk plenty of water.... so no reason for a bad number.
:hug: Give your body time to reset without the hormonal dump and it will probably be much better.

Plus I have a few symptoms that might indicate that I am having a thyroid issue. Wouldn't be a big surprise, as DMom had thyroid disease. I made an appointment for a full physical next month (if you know me, you know I NEVER go to the doctor!! Just can't be bothered most of the time. Haven't had a physical in years).
Glad you are getting checked out, and getting a physical. Going to the Dr stinks but it really is necessary and another Healthy Habit that everyone needs to have.

Anyhow..... on a happier note... the weather here is SUPPOSED to be nice today.... mid-low 60's! But it is SO cloudy and windy right now.... I'll believe it when I see it!

I'm at work now. Got called in at the last minute and it was tempting to say no, but "Money for Disney, Money for DIsney" keeps running through my head! If you wanna play, you gotta pay!!:thumbsup2 So here I am.
I hope that weather gets there for you! Enjoy your day earning your fun money!

Inlaws come tomorrow to celebrate DD's birthday (again) so I need to clean house. Of course this also means more cake in the house so I will be trying to stay away from that. Getting a store bought ice cream cake this time. And they want to go out to IHOP on Sun. morning but I told DH I would just make breakfast here. My pancakes are MUCH better, and there is no after church line to wait in. If I am going to have some major carbs I want them to be worth the indulgence! And I can have more control over what I am eating if I prepare it myself.

Everyone have a Happy and Healthy day, enjoy the good weather if you have it, and plan for a great on program weekend!:cheer2:

Thanks everyone! I have really been trying to think back, but I really can't remember the last time I was under 200, it has been a very long time. I know that being here had made all the difference and am so thankful for all the support, inspiration and friendship here. :grouphug:

NOW WHO IS NEXT???? Alice is waiting!

Okay, had breakfast and coffee and ready to go. I may be spending the day running up and down the stairs to weigh and stare at the scale! Actually I took a photo so I can just keep looking at that.

So since I have reached a big goal I am going to reward myself, but of course, not with food. So today's question is 2 parts.

QOTD:
1. Do you set "mini-goals" for yourself and how do you celebrate when you reach them?
2. What are some non-food rewards that you use to reward yourself for reaching goals?

I have had a few goals in this challenge. My overall goal was about 20 pounds (can't remember exactly what I told Tigger), but I was also focusing on the first 10 pounds, and then of course reaching Onederlad.

After the first 10 pounds I went and got a manicure, which I haven't had in a very long time. My Onederland reward is getting my hair recolored to cover these grays-just made that appt! I think for the next 10 pound loss I will get a mani and a pedi. I really need the pedicure but hate people touching my feet so not sure about that.

Come on everyone! :cheer2: 2 servings of veggies a day should be easy peasy. One nice salad can give you 2 servings a day. Add a salad to your day and everyone should be able to get at least one 7 to send in.

Great weather here too. Have a great day! :sunny:

:hug: Give your body time to reset without the hormonal dump and it will probably be much better.

Glad you are getting checked out, and getting a physical. Going to the Dr stinks but it really is necessary and another Healthy Habit that everyone needs to have.

I hope that weather gets there for you! Enjoy your day earning your fun money!

Inlaws come tomorrow to celebrate DD's birthday (again) so I need to clean house. Of course this also means more cake in the house so I will be trying to stay away from that. Getting a store bought ice cream cake this time. And they want to go out to IHOP on Sun. morning but I told DH I would just make breakfast here. My pancakes are MUCH better, and there is no after church line to wait in. If I am going to have some major carbs I want them to be worth the indulgence! And I can have more control over what I am eating if I prepare it myself.

Everyone have a Happy and Healthy day, enjoy the good weather if you have it, and plan for a great on program weekend!:cheer2:

This is all really good!

:cool1:

Just thought I should check in quick. Up a little this week-- a pound anyway, I'll take it. Got pulled in to the office a few days ago at work--long story short everyone loves me and I have to go to counseling lol. It's 3 free visits-- I'll take it...I think I just lost my mind Thursday when I saw the schedule (I really miss someone and it's almost ridiculous the way we've been scheduled I am beginning to think I have my own special brand of cooties) and someone I talked to got worried I guess. Since then though I've done much better. What people don't understand is I've dealt with this all of my life-- I just needed new tracking. I really think the vitamin D has helped greatly too. It kills me to be 'weak' though--really takes a lot to take me down. When I was talking to the evaluator?? on the phone I realized how much I've had to deal with for awhile--it is... alot.

Anyway, going up to Portland tonight for their big Irish festival at Kells Pub. Kind of a spur of the moment thing-- worked good with scheduling :goodvibes. I need to get going so I can be ready to go as soon as husband is off work because I can't miss the pipers. Won't drink too much-- just have a good time, eat at Whole Foods Sat and maybe go to some goodwills up there and possible NIN lazer show.

Just popped in to catch up on reading, and don't have time to chat much but I just had to take a minute to say CONGRATS to LTS!

:thumbsup2:cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm so happy for you! (have to see if I can join you there tomorrow!)

I will be back in a bit with responses and the QOTD but first I have to share my exciting news. I am posting from a very special place today, a location that I haven't been in a very long time and I can't stop smiling! :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3::dance3: party: party: party: party: :jumping1::jumping1::cool1::yay::woohoo::banana: :cool1:

Woo hoo, LTS! WELCOME TO ONE-DERLAND! :worship:

Up a little this week-- a pound anyway, I'll take it. Got pulled in to the office a few days ago at work--long story short everyone loves me and I have to go to counseling lol.

Anyway, going up to Portland tonight for their big Irish festival at Kells Pub. Kind of a spur of the moment thing-- worked good with scheduling :goodvibes. I need to get going so I can be ready to go as soon as husband is off work because I can't miss the pipers. Won't drink too much-- just have a good time, eat at Whole Foods Sat and maybe go to some goodwills up there and possible NIN lazer show.
It sounds like you are headed in the right direction! :) Let the love around you fill you and provide you with the support you need. :hug:
Have a great time tonight-- sounds like a ton of fun!

I'm so happy for you! (have to see if I can join you there tomorrow!)
Thank you! Get yourself over here tomorrow! The Mad Hatter is saving you a place at the table!:ccat:

pamela and shawn- I think when your boys go off to college, you should start up your own reality tv show, THE ORGANIZERS, and you can start right here in MA. (I'll pm you my address)You can go into peoples houses, like the nanny and help them get their lives and homes in order.

If they go to Mass they have to come here after!!!!

So, last night I went for a run...and I HATED it! Blegh :scared: I am one of those weird people who prefers to run on a treadmill. I like that I can keep a steady pace, and it tells me how much further I have to go and how long I have been running. Well, yesterday it was beautiful out--50 degrees when I got home from work, so BF convinced me to run outside with him. He is mean and pushes me to run faster and farther than I usually do :upsidedow So last night we ran 3.2 miles (which I know isn't far, but is farther than I usually run) and he made me sprint it out at the end :eek: Of course, afterwards it felt really good to have done it, but at the time I was really hating him :mad: It just goes to show that you can probably do a lot more than you think you can. If I had gone for that run by myself, I would have turned around earlier, slowed down more and stopped earlier. So, while I don't really like running with BF, I know he will make me a better, faster runner and he is pushing me because he loves me :hug:

I feel you Beth!!! I ran 3.10 miles Monday, and it snowed! I cussed like a sailor the whole time but I was going to finish!!
I did it alone but Pamela, LTS, Kathy, and a few others wouldn't get out of my head telling me to push on.

Guess what??? you ran a 5K!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!

I will be back in a bit with responses and the QOTD but first I have to share my exciting news. I am posting from a very special place today, a location that I haven't been in a very long time and I can't stop smiling!

This morning I arrived here:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I did a little dance for ya!!!!! Now I need to get my game on! You are catching me!!

Anyhow..... on a happier note... the weather here is SUPPOSED to be nice today.... mid-low 60's! But it is SO cloudy and windy right now.... I'll believe it when I see it!

We hit 74º!!!!!!!!!!! We are headed out in a bit to hit the track, as long as the kids behave.

QOTD:

1. I do set mini goals but I don't always do rewards.

2. My biggest reward I am leaning towards is new clothes. I'm tired of my wardrobe but everything fits right now. When everything is loose I'm going to spurge on some new tops.

QOTD:

I do set mini-goals...I like 5 lb incraments. That way, if I am doing really well, it means I meet a goal every 3 weeks or so. :woohoo: I like rewards like a pedicure, new clothes or a new book...or a new anything really :rotfl:

Whoo hoo!! A ONE-derland party!!
:rockband:party::beach::cheer2:
Congratulations LTS!! You must feel soooo good and proud!! So excited for you!!!!

and I can't wait to join you. But not this week. maybe in 2 weeks if I can stay away from the cupcakes!

Hope you're all enjoying the day. Congrats to all who've seen losses this week. I was down a bit, and know why it wasn't more, and thus I am happy with any loss.

It's 69 degrees out so I'm off to get outside. I'm on call most of the weekend, so I hope to catch up more with everybody.

LTS--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!:cool1:
I am really happy for you!!!!!:goodvibes

Hey Donalds! I shared this on Mickey. If someone already posted this, I apologize.

***There was a really good article in Runners World about weight loss. It lists the golden rules of weight loss. This stuff applies to everyone and not just runners.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304--13860-0,00.html
Have a great Friday!

Thanks for the link.... I'll take a look at it later when I have more time.

YEa....you took a picture! I love that! Believe me, if the scale EVER gets to my goal, I'll have the camera ready!!

QOTD:

I have nothing LEFT but mini-goals!!:lmao: And I still can't seem to reach them!

Well... I did have a short-term goal when I restarted this journey in 2008 and that was to NOT return to WDW heavier than I had been our previous trip. And feeling good and looking good on the trip was reward enough!!

And I've dropped my goal weight a few times, so I guess I keep setting "temporary" goals. I've never actually thought "I'm buying a reward", but I've splurged on a few good pieces of clothing, since I know they will fit for a long time.

Hurray for new undies!!! Get nice ones...not the cheapo Walmart ones I keep buying!!:rotfl:

I can understand where you are coming from, but healthy habits are something you have to maintain for a lifetime. Think of how many people you know, have seen, read about that, whatever that adopted a healthy lifestyle either with exercise, diet, quitting smoking and stuck with it for a year or maybe more but then slowly started slipping backwards. It is just as imhe ortant for you to stick with these habits as it is for us newbies so you deserve the points and credit just as much as we do. :)

If they seem to easy then you could push yourself to your own personal goals above the ones listed, like 45 minutes of exercise or 4 serving of veggies AND no junk . Then give yourself the HH points for the days you achieve your modified goals-- you will have still done at least the minimum those days.

I easily keep up with the basics of the HH.... water, veggies, fruit, exercise. But I rarely "indulge" in the pampering ones... just don't seem to find the time. But I guess no one says that it has to be a struggle, just to earn the points. I'm going to try and track my points this week (but it does involve numbers and I am definitely mathematically challenged!).

Just thought I should check in quick. Up a little this week-- a pound anyway, I'll take it. Got pulled in to the office a few days ago at work--long story short everyone loves me and I have to go to counseling lol. It's 3 free visits-- I'll take it...I think I just lost my mind Thursday when I saw the schedule (I really miss someone and it's almost ridiculous the way we've been scheduled I am beginning to think I have my own special brand of cooties) and someone I talked to got worried I guess. Since then though I've done much better. What people don't understand is I've dealt with this all of my life-- I just needed new tracking. I really think the vitamin D has helped greatly too. It kills me to be 'weak' though--really takes a lot to take me down. When I was talking to the evaluator?? on the phone I realized how much I've had to deal with for awhile--it is... alot.

Glad to see you here! Have a great time at the Irish Festival... wish I could attend something like that this weekend instead of yet another swim meet! But it is a championship meet and DD is doing great, so it should be exciting.

anyhow, enjoy your Irish treats!

I feel you Beth!!! I ran 3.10 miles Monday, and it snowed! I cussed like a sailor the whole time but I was going to finish!!
I did it alone but Pamela, LTS, Kathy, and a few others wouldn't get out of my head telling me to push on.

So glad we were in your head today. I'm sure it was a tough run,, but I'll bet you don't regret it, do you??

Whoo hoo!! A ONE-derland party!!
:rockband:party::beach::cheer2:
Congratulations LTS!! You must feel soooo good and proud!! So excited for you!!!!

and I can't wait to join you. But not this week. maybe in 2 weeks if I can stay away from the cupcakes!

Hope you're all enjoying the day. Congrats to all who've seen losses this week. I was down a bit, and know why it wasn't more, and thus I am happy with any loss.

It's 69 degrees out so I'm off to get outside. I'm on call most of the weekend, so I hope to catch up more with everybody.

I'm glad you are down at least a bit! Hope you enjoyed this brief preview of spring outside!

Well ladies.... I've spent so long replying that I'm afraid that dinner is burning! Gotta run.................P

Good Evening -- First I wanted to Congratulate all of this weeks Losers -- did that come out right? To all the Losers -- you are Winners.

I had a pretty good week. I am down 2.5 pounds this week.

We had a scary event this week. My DH has lost 25 pounds and is now at his goal weight. One day this week, we were out shopping and he told me he felt lightheaded. I went to get the car, thinking he needed to get something to eat. When I walked back into the store, he was sitting on the floor with the sales woman standing over him. Apparently, he passed out and hit his head on the wall. I took him to the emergency room, where his blood pressure was 66/44 when we arrived. They did EKGs, Xrays, a CAT scan of his head, gave him a couple bags of saline and feed him. After 5 hours they were able to stabilize his blood pressure. They told him to follow up with his Dr. this week. Well, he saw his Dr. on Wednesday and the good news is, he no longer needs his blood pressure medicine. Oh my goodness.

Well, I certainly hope that one day, I will be at my goal weight, but it is definitely down the road a ways.

Anyway, hope everybody is doing well.

Disney1990
Team Donald

Good Evening -- First I wanted to Congratulate all of this weeks Losers -- did that come out right? To all the Losers -- you are Winners.

We had a scary event this week. My DH has lost 25 pounds and is now at his goal weight. One day this week, we were out shopping and he told me he felt lightheaded. I went to get the car, thinking he needed to get something to eat. When I walked back into the store, he was sitting on the floor with the sales woman standing over him. Apparently, he passed out and hit his head on the wall. I took him to the emergency room, where his blood pressure was 66/44 when we arrived. They did EKGs, Xrays, a CAT scan of his head, gave him a couple bags of saline and feed him. After 5 hours they were able to stabilize his blood pressure. They told him to follow up with his Dr. this week. Well, he saw his Dr. on Wednesday and the good news is, he no longer needs his blood pressure medicine. Oh my goodness.

Well, I certainly hope that one day, I will be at my goal weight, but it is definitely down the road a ways.

Disney1990
Team Donald

Wow!!! That's crazy but it's a good thing! Glad your DH is ok!

Since I am a night owl I am going to try to just post the QOTD before I go to bed so that it can be waiting for the morning people! :)

QOTD for Saturday

Continuing on the theme of goals, there is a popular saying related to weight about being able to still fit into your wedding dress.

Do you have a significant item of clothing that you are hoping to fit into at some point?

For me it is a hot pink suede mini skirt! :eek: I bought it many years ago and it was just a bit snug but I was going to lose a few pounds and wear it out with my hubby. As you can probably guess, it still has the tags on it. Not sure my 40ish body can pull off a hot pink mini skirt anymore but I would be happy to just fit into it. I would probably wear it out at least once on a date with DH since I promised him I would so many years ago.

QOTD for Saturday

Do you have a significant item of clothing that you are hoping to fit in to at some point?

Oh you betcha!!! I have a pair of denim shorts I wore when we lived in Hawaii that I would love to wear again. I have a brown chip and dale T-shirt that I have never worn but will some day, and I have a green turtle neck that I love but haven't worn since DS14 was born.

HEY Everybody!

It's your friendly neighborhood weight keeper here asking a little favor!

If you haven't sent me a weigh in in the last 1-4 weeks, can you tell me that in your PM! I'm having to PM people back. It looks like several of you are returning from vacations and such and I don't want to cheat you out of a good weigh in.

Also, remember, it's your weight I need, NOT how much you lost! This also helps me keep the weights right on the spreadsheet.

And one last thing, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR MESSAGE TITLE so I don't have to go through 2 lists of weigh ins! I haven't removed anyone from the spreadsheets since the beginning so everyone is there!

Thanks and have a great weekend! Can't wait to be with everyone from both teams all the time! I'm looking forward to making new DisBuds and renewing old friendships!

(OK, I started this early evening last night but never sent it! OOPS!)

TTFN :tigger:

Nope, don't regret the run at all, well maybe a smidge. My hips hurt so bad the next day.

Did you try icing them??

Disney1990
Team Donald

How scary! Glad your DH is okay. Was he following up with his BP doc while he was losing the weight? If so, they should have seen this coming and adjusted his meds along the way. But anyhow, glad he is off the meds now!!

Since I am a night owl I am going to try to just post the QOTD before I go to bed so that it can be waiting for the morning people! :)

QOTD for Saturday

Continuing on the theme of goals, there is a popular saying related to weight about being able to still fit into your wedding dress.

Do you have a significant item of clothing that you are hoping to fit into at some point?

For me it is a hot pink suede mini skirt! :eek: I bought it many years ago and it was just a bit snug but I was going to lose a few pounds and wear it out with my hubby. As you can probably guess, it still has the tags on it. Not sure my 40ish body can pull off a hot pink mini skirt anymore but I would be happy to just fit into it. I would probably wear it out at least once on a date with DH since I promised him I would so many years ago.

And when you DO wear it, we want pictures!!!!

Nope.... no "special clothes" waiting for me. In fact, not to be a big bummer, but depending on how long you've held onto those clothes, they may not fit, no matter what! I have found that even though I am currently wearing a size 4 or 6 in most stores, I still have some very old 10's and 12's that are too snug around the waist (mostly skirts and dresses)..... I think size measurements change and FOR SURE my body changed after two kids. And I weigh at least 10 pounds LESS now than I ever did when I was wearing those old clothes! But everything is just proportioned differently I guess!!

I feel pretty confident I could probably fit into my wedding gown, but I refuse to unpack it to find out. Maybe next year when we celebrate our 20th??

I recently ditched my knee length black leather skirt which I LOVED and my black suede mini...... I could get them on but I just didn't like the way they looked. I also donated ALL of my old work dresses and suits.... most of them fit but were hopelessly out of style or I was just sick of them.\

:sunny: Happy Saturday everyone! It started out sunny, but I see some clouds rolling in now.

I took another peek at the scale this morning and I don't see any improvement over yesterday's weigh-in. I'm trying to STILL not be discouraged.... I know that hormones are coming into play big time right now. I will try to have yet another GREAT week of eating and exercise and we will see what next Friday brings! Regardless of the number, I know I am trying hard and doing the right things and even with a bit of a higher number than I would like, I am still far better off than I was a few years ago.

I'm taking up the challenge that Dona put out there for all of us to start following CC's HEalthy Habits! I dont' usually follow it because it seemed too basic to me, after 3 years of this journey.... but like I was reminded, sometimes it is GOOD to get back to basics!!

Well.... I've started the day productively.... hopefully I can continue on that way. Dishwasher is running, washer and dryer are both running. Kitchen is picked up, living room is picked up, bird feeders are filled (it is probably getting a bit late to do that.... hopefully I don't attract bears!). I need to go start a nice healthy breakfast for the family and getting ready for the day. DD and I will be leaving here about 11 am for today's swim event. I will pack a healthy lunch to eat in the car. Not sure about dinner yet.... sometimes the swim families get together and go out.... other times we end up stopping at Wendy's on the way home (DD and I both don't care for fast food... but we like Wendy's chili and baked potatoes).... or maybe Subway.

I'm gonna skip my regular workout this morning and plan to get in some walking between swim events today. It should be a nice day and the pool is at a nice private school campus with sidewalks. I'll plan to walk about 90 minutes today between events. There are also lots of stairs at this venue, so I might find some time to do some stairs.

I hope everyone has a delightful Saturday! I'll try to be back on tomorrow before Church................P

QOTD for Saturday

No, but I will buy some nice new things when I lose enough that the stuff in my closet no longer fits!

I am back down 2lbs this week to make up for the 2lbs I gained last week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter