Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2022

Really long lines at the food booths this afternoon, I waited 30 minutes at France at 2:30. Most lines looked about as long. Food was ready immediately so ordering is what slows it down. Had the frozen martini (I prefer the regular one in Les Halles) and the lobster mousse which was okay, worth a try if you like seafood dip but quite salty and needs more bread, should be closer to the $7 price point imo.

Attachments

• B9892849-A77D-436B-9943-1BAA91A77246.jpeg
    B9892849-A77D-436B-9943-1BAA91A77246.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23

We'll be at FOA next week. Looking forward to it. Hoping the line for the popcorn bucket is still 6 hours long - that takes a lot of people away from the food and attractions I want to do!

We were there this morning. The lines were so long for everything.
Really wanted the grilled cheese and tomato soup but I was not going to wait in that Figment line for it. They really need to split that up.

we only tried a few booths bc of all the long waits but have to say the French onion soup from Deconstructed Dish was really good. The key lime pie was also good but I prefer the strawberry cheesecake from the past.

We were supposed to be at the festival yesterday and today, but decided last minute to make a foodie trip to Dallas! We just got back, so we are going to hit the Festival tomorrow. Hopefully the rain keeps people away until later in the afternoon.

Luckily, we don't care about the popcorn bucket, so we can avoid that madness!

We just got back. I've been gone to every Epcot festival since 2011 or so. And I have to say, this festival is top 5 in terms of the quality of the food. We had 18 items today, and 16 of the 18 were good or better, with most being very good. Only two items were busts.

You'll find my rankings below, followed by photos of the items.

Great
- House Made Chorizo and Potato Empanada (Vibrante & Vivido) - 10.0 - One of the best empanadas I've ever had. Absolutely loaded with chorizo and potatoes, and the aiolis kept it from being at all dry.
- Opera Cake (Pastoral Palate) - 9.0 - Just as good as last year. My wife's favorite item at the festival. Very sweet and smooth textured.
- Passion Fruit Mousse (Vibrante & Vivido) - 9.0 - Loved everything about this. It was sweet, fruity, cold, and smooth.

Very Good
- Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Rib (Pastoral Palate) - 8.5 - Same as last year. Extremely tender meat, and delicious vegetables.
- General Tso's Chicken Shumai (The Painted Panda) - 8.5 - Not quite as good as the previous Spicy Beef Shumai, but still very good. I love the sweet cucumbers.
- Pistachio Cake (The Artist's Table) - 8.5 - Exactly the same as previous years. Basically three different small desserts, all of which are good.
- Huarache Verde (El Artista Hambriento) - 8.0 - The huarache was much better (and softer) than previous years. The pork was tender and juicy.
- Deconstructed French Onion Soup (The Deconstructed Dish) - 8.0 - Everything went together well. I could eat a full order of the onion bread pudding by itself.
- Deconstructed Key Lime Pie (The Deconstructed Dish) - 8.0 - Beautiful and tasty. I did probably enjoy the strawberry cheesecake from previous years even more.
- Spicy Ajiaco Soup (Vibrante & Vivido) - 8.0 - Could have been hotter. Otherwise, very good with lots of chicken and potatoes. Kind of spicy.
- Vanilla Donut (The Donut Box) - 8.0 - Way better than I expected based on the boring name. The vanilla glaze was delicous, and all of the strawberry stuff was very good.
- Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie (Vibrante & Vivido) - 8.0 - Very sweet, but very delicious. Almost tasted like a pina colada.
- Pan-Seared Scallops (The Artist's Table) - 8.0 - I've always that the Epcot festival scallops were overrated, but these were good. We got two large scallops, whereas in previous years we usually got one decent sized one, or two tiny ones.

Good
- Wild Boar Cassoulet (Pastoral Palate) - 7.5 - The boar sausage was definitely the worst part of this dish. It was very bland. Everything else was very good.
- Blood Orange-Braised Beet Carpaccio (Gourmet Landscapes) - 7.5 - I wouldn't have ordered this if it hadn't been on the Colorful Cuisine Walk. I'm glad it was, because I liked it much more than I thought I would. The mustard aioli went very well with the beets.
- Carne Asada (El Artista Hambriento) - 7.5 - Nothing especially notable about this. Just solid Carne Asada .

Mediocre
- Roasted Bone Marrow (Gourmet Landscapes) - 4.0 - Ours didn't even have enough to fill one piece of bread. It also had a strange fruity taste.

Bad
- Swilled Dog Sangria Hard Cider (Tangierine Cafe) - 1.0 - Bitter and not sweet at all. Tasted kind of like rubbing alcohol.

Now the pictures!

House Made Chorizo and Potato Empanada
house-made_chorizo_and_potato_empanada.jpg

Opera Cake
opera_cake.jpg

Passion Fruit Mousse
passion_fruit_mousse.jpg

Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Rib
red_wine-braised_beef_short_rib.jpg

General Tso's Chicken Shumai
general_tsos_chicken_shumai.jpg

Pistachio Cake
pistachio_cake.jpg

Huarache Verde
huarache_verde.jpg

Deconstructed French Onion Soup
deconstructed_french_onion_soup.jpg

Deconstructed Key Lime Pie
deconstructed_key_lime_pie.jpg

Spicy Ajiaco Soup
spicy_ajiaco_soup.jpg

Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie
coconut_and_passion_fruit_smoothie.jpg

Pan-Seared Scallops
pan-seared_scallops.jpg

Blood Orange-Braised Beet Carpaccio
blood_orange-braised_beet_carpaccio.jpg

Carne Asada
carne_asada.jpg

Roasted Bone Marrow
roasted_bone_marrow.jpg

Swilled Dog Sangria Hard Cider
swilled_dog_sangria_hard_cider.jpg

We also finished the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine. The reward was a cookie and a berry smoothie.

berry_smoothie.jpg

completer_cookie.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the reviews. I was considering doing the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, but wasn’t sure. Didn’t know about the berry smoothie. Now I’m sure I’ll do it.

I saw on another thread just now that a sign is up letting people know the Figment popcorn bucket is no longer available and that got me wondering, does the festival run out of food or other items later in the festival? We weren't really interested in the Figment bucket but we are making a list of food items we wanted to try, but our park days are the week before the festival ends. Could some of our must try items be unavailable?

I saw on another thread just now that a sign is up letting people know the Figment popcorn bucket is no longer available and that got me wondering, does the festival run out of food or other items later in the festival? We weren't really interested in the Figment bucket but we are making a list of food items we wanted to try, but our park days are the week before the festival ends. Could some of our must try items be unavailable?
It's rare for food items to run out, but it does happen occasionally.

We went again today. Mostly we repeated our favorites, but we did try a few new things.

My entire rating is below. New items are in bold.

Great
- House Made Chorizo and Potato Empanada (Vibrante & Vivido) - 10.0 - One of the best empanadas I've ever had. Absolutely loaded with chorizo and potatoes, and the aiolis kept it from being at all dry.
- Opera Cake (Pastoral Palate) - 9.0 - Just as good as last year. My wife's favorite item at the festival. Very sweet and smooth textured.
- Passion Fruit Mousse (Vibrante & Vivido) - 9.0 - Loved everything about this. It was sweet, fruity, cold, and smooth.

Very Good
- Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Rib (Pastoral Palate) - 8.5 - Same as last year. Extremely tender meat, and delicious vegetables.
- General Tso's Chicken Shumai (The Painted Panda) - 8.5 - Not quite as good as the previous Spicy Beef Shumai, but still very good. I love the sweet cucumbers.
- Cast Iron-Seared Steelhead Trout (The Craftsman’s Courtyard) - 8.5 - Very flavorful. Skin was crispy.
- Pistachio Cake (The Artist's Table) - 8.5 - Exactly the same as previous years. Basically three different small desserts, all of which are good.
- Huarache Verde (El Artista Hambriento) - 8.0 - The huarache was much better (and softer) than previous years. The pork was tender and juicy.
- Deconstructed Apple Pie à la Mode (The Deconstructed Dish) - 8.0 - The cider and gelato combination is delicious. The apple chunks and crumble kind of got in the way.
- Deconstructed French Onion Soup (The Deconstructed Dish) - 8.0 - Everything went together well. I could eat a full order of the onion bread pudding by itself.
- Deconstructed Key Lime Pie (The Deconstructed Dish) - 8.0 - Beautiful and tasty. I did probably enjoy the strawberry cheesecake from previous years even more.
- Spicy Ajiaco Soup (Vibrante & Vivido) - 8.0 - Could have been hotter. Otherwise, very good with lots of chicken and potatoes. Kind of spicy.
- Vanilla Donut (The Donut Box) - 8.0 - Way better than I expected based on the boring name. The vanilla glaze was delicous, and all of the strawberry stuff was very good.
- Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie (Vibrante & Vivido) - 8.0 - Very sweet, but very delicious. Almost tasted like a pina colada.
- Pan-Seared Scallops (The Artist's Table) - 8.0 - I've always that the Epcot festival scallops were overrated, but these were good. We got two large scallops, whereas in previous years we usually got one decent sized one, or two tiny ones.

Good
- Wild Boar Cassoulet (Pastoral Palate) - 7.5 - The boar sausage was definitely the worst part of this dish. It was very bland. Everything else was very good.
- Beef Wellington (The Artist’s Table) - 7.5 - Tasted pretty good, but half of the meat was really chewy. Other half was tender.
- Blood Orange-Braised Beet Carpaccio (Gourmet Landscapes) - 7.5 - I wouldn't have ordered this if it hadn't been on the Colorful Cuisine Walk. I'm glad it was, because I liked it much more than I thought I would. The mustard aioli went very well with the beets.
- Carne Asada (El Artista Hambriento) - 7.5 - Nothing especially notable about this. Just solid Carne Asada .

Decent
- Cast Iron-Roasted P.E.I. Mussels (The Craftsman’s Courtyard) - 6.0 - Not bad, but kind of bland. Big serving.

Mediocre
- Taco de Chocolate (El Artista Hambriento) - 5.0 - Very small, and kind of a generic chocolate taste.
- Roasted Bone Marrow (Gourmet Landscapes) - 4.0 - Ours didn't even have enough to fill one piece of bread. It also had a strange fruity taste.

Bad
- Pâté de Campagne (The Craftsman’s Courtyard) - 1.0 - Gross. Kind of rancid tasting. Pretty though!
- Swilled Dog Sangria Hard Cider (Tangierine Cafe) - 1.0 - Bitter and not sweet at all. Tasted kind of like rubbing alcohol.

Cast Iron-Seared Steelhead Trout

Deconstructed Apple Pie a la Mode

Beef Wellington

Cast Iron-Roasted P.E.I. Mussels

Taco de Chocolate

Pate de Campagne

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!