• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tangieriene Cafe on DDP

WisMom

Mouseketeer
Hi
What are peoples experiences using DDP at the Tangierene Cafe in Morocco? Is baklava available as a dessert when using a CS credit? Are the platters or specialties available with a CS credit?

Thanks
WisMom

Baklava is the ONLY dessert available on the Dining Plan. There was also one or two of the platters that was excluded from the Dining Plan, though I don't remember which one. Also, note that the platters come with a roll, not pita break. :confused:

All in all, I was pretty disappointed with the place, especially after being so excited about a CS restaurant serving that kind of cuisine opening up in the World Showcase.

I am really looking forward to the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter. I hope that you can still get that one with the DDP. If someone could confirm this that would be great.

And bicker, sorry that you were disappointed with the place, but was the food any good?

DH and I shared the Chicken and Lamb Sharwarma platter, and loved it. The chicken and lamb seemed a little weird at first, like they were made of ground meat, then flattened, roasted, and sliced -- but they were delicious, the seasoning was very good. They were served with a yogurt sauce like tzatziki. They also served it with tabbouleh (a chopped salad heavy on the parsley), a cold couscous salad, hummus, and a piece of Moroccan bread. The baklava dessert was very rich and a nice way to end the meal -- we shared it all, so each just got a small bite, but it was sweet and yummy. I got a soda with the meal as part of the Dining Plan, but DH also bought a cold Casablanca beer and it was very good.

When we were there on the DP (free) we each got a Chicken/Lamb Sharwarma Platter, even my 9 year old son. The only choice was baklava for dessert on the DP. Everything was delicious! We just loved our lunch! :thumbsup2

The last time we were there, I got the rotisserie chicken and it was wonderful. I was also allowed to pick any dessert I wanted. It was later in the evening and the pastry case was pretty full -- maybe that made a difference?

When we were there just over a month ago, the only dessert we could have (they made this very plain up front) was the baklava. That was fine with me, but DH doesn't like baklava. Unfortunately, though, he couldn't have anything else. For meals, we got a lamb shwarma platter and a vegetarian one.

It was later in the evening and the pastry case was pretty full -- maybe that made a difference?
Nope -- the pastry case was full when we were there, and the desserts were still limited to the baklava.

The last time we were there, I got the rotisserie chicken and it was wonderful. I was also allowed to pick any dessert I wanted. It was later in the evening and the pastry case was pretty full -- maybe that made a difference?

On the dining plan, the dessert that is supposed to come with the meal is a small piece of baklava (which is very rich, and quite good). You may have had a generous CM who was just being nice :goodvibes or as you mentioned, it may have been because it was late in the evening and they had a lot of product that would have been tossed out anyway if it wasn't sold that night. I've worked in several bakeries that would discount "day-old" pastries, or donate them to local charities or food banks who would pick them up at the end of the day or early in the morning before the shop opened -- but obviously, that wouldn't happen at Epcot, the place is like a fortress :laughing:

You also mentioned that you got the rotisserie chicken, and I understood that was excluded on the dining plan -- so yes, that could indicate they were either being generous, or they were just trying to sell off the product they had before the end of the night. If they are like any other restaurant, they have to account for everything they throw away, keep a record of it, to help plan purchasing in the future -- but it also makes the manager look good and more efficient if waste and spoilage are kept to a minimum.

Wow -- I never realized I hit the jackpot! I guess I'll have to remember to always go there right before the place closes if I want to order the chicken. Now, this was also last October -- was the policy already in place, or has it changed since then? Quite honestly, if I can't get the chicken again I would probably not eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter