• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tab and Greg PJ: 9/30/08 - Update! Our "Highlights" video from Cinema Chic

I'm a bad, bad DisBride.

I don't have a lot of photos to show you from the planning session - I seem to have misplaced the USB cord that lets my computer and my camera talk to each other. Lame.

Anyway, we're under a month to the wedding, and as of Friday we'll have everything paid up. Surprisingly, we did not blow past our budget. We came in UNDER. Ok, only by about $100, but that's something! I'm pretending that the items that I bought outside of the Disney BEO don't count. Denial is a good friend of mine.

We're feeding our guests some items from Jiko, as interpreted by the Grand Floridian chefs. Namely, our pre-reception we are having the "Taste of Africa" dips and breads, our soup course is the Smokey Portobello Soup from Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, we're having a medley of greens, herbs and flower petals with rosewater vingarette and our entree will be a duo plate of Beef Filet with Red Wine Demi, Lobster Tail with Artichoke Cream sauce over White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese (as served in Jiko) with carrots and Asparagus. For our vegetarians, we'll have the Grains, Peas and Vegetables (with Tandoori Tofu steak) from Jiko.

Now, if you put "Please advise of any special food requirements" on your invitations, be ready for them to come flooding in AFTER you give your final count to your planner. I have, no word of a lie, 12 special menu plates. That's out of 27 guests. It was really mind boggling. So that costs a little bit more.

Our cake will serve something like 60 people - it's a custom cake based on our invitations, and based on the shape I suggested, that's the smallest they could make it. I bought some cake boxes so that people can take slices of cake away with them. I refuse to waste that cake. Too yummy.

Our dessert party is a bit different - we're doing a wine and cheese party (with some fruit skewers for our lactose intolerant friends). We haven't abandoned the sweets, though. We'll have chocolate shots for that!

And after the dessert party, we're having the bus drop off any interested parties at Raglan Road to carry on the fun to the wee hours before it returns the fuddy-duddies back to their resorts.

I'm also having a tea with the ladies the day before the wedding - I've booked a table for 15, so I'm hoping the gals start RSVP-ing for that, as well as the golf game for the guys...

Oh boy... what else? I ordered our custom m&m's for our favours tonight. Lots of candy coming our way.

And I made up some pamphlets for people to keep with them at Disney World with the days and times of all of our meet-ups and the bus schedule for the Wine and Cheese Party.

Busy, busy!

Wow - that's one heckuva update! I can't wait to see pictures of all the fabulous-sounding food, and especially that cake!

So, I have to thank you for posting tonight and bumping your thread up to the top (...although it ended up costing me some dough... :rolleyes1) I was reading back over your early posts and decided to investigate Trashy Diva on your recommendation, and... I found the most gorgeous dress I've ever seen and promptly bought it for our photo shoot with the Roots! :cutie: (Let's just hope it looks as good on me as it does on the dummy :rotfl: )

You have great taste! :thumbsup2

I've seen that dress in person, and it's gorgeous. Nice choice! The photos don't do it justice. I'd own it myself by now, but they don't seem to have it in my size online.
I ordered this to wear to the tea party - in teal. I mean really? $34, and you think I'm NOT going to buy it? As if!

I just hope it really does ship around 09/15, cause it'll need to be in Florida by 09/26 in order for my family to bring it up to Orlando for me!

And... thanks - you have impeccable taste, yourself!

Wow - so exciting to read all your updates. I remember this thread from a while back and I just love the whole story. Your menu sounds wonderful. We are doing a brunch at ADH but I love the way you picked different foods from different Disney restaurants. We had wanted to do that but ended up liking the brunch - and we are just making one or two changes. Can't wait to read more and see some pictures.

I agree with Lurkyloo that that website is amazing. I just love the dresses there and lurkyloo that dress you ordered is great.

Linda

In case anyone is wondering, it'll run you $200 to cover the mirror/mural of the birds from hell in the Whitehall room.
No offense if you're a fan of the thing, but it creeps me the heck out. We're paying the $200. Laura sent me a photo of how it turns out, and it's a massive improvement in my books.

Oh! How could I forget? My sister made my veil, it's a super cute birdcage veil with seed pearls across the top and spaced out along the bottom. Hard to describe, but she did a great job.

Man, I gotta find that darn cord so I can show pics!!

Greg and I had our first dance lesson tonight. We have a friend who teaches ballroom, and so she's giving us half price private lessons (and her wonderful husband is helping).
Its really fun so far. We're going to do a rhumba, due to a limited amount of space. So now we have to pick a song that works as a rhumba!

your almost there... How are you feeling????

Mostly great. Occasionally I get a little overwhelmed with stuff that needs doing, but I think we're on the right track.

Our wedding rings are done, so we'll pick those up next week. The M&M's have been delivered to my mom's place. I've got a hair appointment and a facial booked in the next couple of weeks, and best of all....

The wedding is PAID FOR!! We made our final payment today! And we really did manage to bring it in under budget. Yay for us.

Three weeks from right now, we will be married!! Holy MOLY!

I just found out that the dress that I ordered from Trashy Diva will probably be shipped this week, so I will have my tea dress all set...

Folks aren't really doing so great at RSVPing for tea and golf, so I think I'll have to do a final round of reminders this weekend to make sure we don't miss anyone who wanted to come, but forgot. We're finding that if the dude of the couple doesn't golf, the gal of the couple is less likely to come to tea.

Hey, as long as Greg gets to play golf, I'm happy.

We're still looking for a cake topper. We haven't found anything we like, really. May just leave it empty...

So... have you found the camera cord yet....? :rolleyes1

I wanna see all this stuff - esp. the veil! Also, who says you have to have a cake topper? :cutie:

Ok Carrie, that tears it. I'm going to buy a new camera... I still can't find the cord, and I wanted a new camera with a view screen you can actually SEE (my viewscreen is impossibly small) I want a camera for my shower this weekend...

I need to pick up some crafty supplies anyway, so I'll hop on the ol' Vespa and see what the Dufferin Mall has to offer.

EDIT: Ok, I'll scoot over AFTER the rain. I hate riding in the rain...

I was all set to offer to send you a USB cord so we can see pics!! I'm so glad you have picked up your PJ!! WOW - Three weeks! Very exciting!

As far as a cake topper - maybe you could do the initials - maybe in a font that is reminiscent of the 20's/30's to go along with your semi-theme?

http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/lr-mg900-wedding-monogram-caketops.htm

I LOVE the cake - hopefully Disney can do your inspiration picture proud!

I was all set to offer to send you a USB cord so we can see pics!! I'm so glad you have picked up your PJ!! WOW - Three weeks! Very exciting!

As far as a cake topper - maybe you could do the initials - maybe in a font that is reminiscent of the 20's/30's to go along with your semi-theme?

http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/lr-mg900-wedding-monogram-caketops.htm

I LOVE the cake - hopefully Disney can do your inspiration picture proud!

LOL - I would have appreciated the USB cord! But, the good news is I just bought a keen new camera, so I'll be taking photos tonight and tomorrow of what I have. Photos galore!

Since I'm keeping my name, we'll have to do a T&G type monogrammed topper if we go that route. I found this font that I thought was pretty close, but I'm still having a hard time justifying $60 on something we'll never use again. (Where was that logic when I gave the thumbs up to a $1000 cake?)

Anyway, here's the font we're considering...

partyblock_2011_2075099

I'm also juggling ADRs like mad, booking meals for a family dinner, get together type meals, and just plain times and places to eat cause we'll be hungry. So much co-ordination!

Since the last update we've made a big addition to the day. We've hired a videographer! We weren't going to do it, but I felt like I would regret that later. So I looked and looked for someone cool, with an eye and an editing style that suited our personalities. And I came up with Kat Small at Cinema Chic Productions out in Titusville. She's been so great, even with us coming to her at the last minute. http://www.cinemachicfilms.com/
The Trailer on her blog (http://cinemachic.blogspot.com/) is what really sold me. I LOVE her work...

Hooray for photos!!! Everything is so pretty - love the veil (especially the pearl edging) and shoes....

Shutterfly may not give you the code you need for message boards.. :confused3 I use Photobucket because when you upload a pic they have the code right there and you just copy and paste it....

Hooray for photos!!! Everything is so pretty - love the veil (especially the pearl edging) and shoes....

Shutterfly may not give you the code you need for message boards.. :confused3 I use Photobucket because when you upload a pic they have the code right there and you just copy and paste it....

Oh boy. I think I had a photobucket account, once upon a time. Maybe I should go back to that...

Thanks, by the way. My sister did a great job on the veil, best $3 I spent!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter