Swan Experts Needed: How To Ensure The Best Price At The Swan For June?

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang

I may be going to WDW arriving May 28th and leaving June 9th and I want to find out how I can ensure that I get the best price per night via codes or anything. Here are some key points.

Family of 4 with DS(5) and DD(1)
We'd like to stay Swan club level
We could get CAA if needed ($70 CAD/$50 USD)
We're not teachers or government workers.
At this point we don't have AP's.
I've got SPG (Gold) with 7005 points

What are your thoughts??

Thanks for any help at all,
Andy

Another discount option is the Entertainment Club. They usually offer 50% off the RACK room rate. We were able to get conceirge at the Swan last May for roughly $240 a night. Breakfast comes with that, so we were able to save a little more by eating at the resort. We loved the Swan and the heavenly beds. The Swan is a SPG Category 4 hotel, meaning a lot of points per night (I think it takes 10,000 points for a free night at a category 4 hotel). I hope this information helps.

i would love to know the same thing ('cept dolphin for august!)... i know when i was reading at the starwood site it said 50% discount for five days w/1000 points... i am still wondering if starwood points can be combined w/other discounts like AAA...

I think your best bet is calling the hotel directly and asking to book the cheapest/lowest level room at the AAA/CAA or Entertainment rate - both are the same, 50% off rack rate. Then ask to use SPG points to upgrade to Club Level - it is either 1,000 or 1,500 per night. If you need more SPG points, get an SPG Amex - you get bonus points with your first charge and a point for every dollar spent. If AAA/CAA rates are not available now, go ahead and book lowest available rate and keep calling back. The agent may have some idea of when discount rates will come out.

I hope this doesn't mean the end of Ent Book savings but I noticed in the book I just got that they did not list the Swan & Dolphin. Someone please let me know if I'm wrong.

It is not listed but it is available. I got the dolphin with resort view/balcony(very important with my 3 year old) for 224.50 for 4 nights...only problem is a convention the other 3 at it is 334...so we may go to CBR instead unless it opens up cheaper.

Call the hotel and get the rate. Look at dreams unlimited for the prices they have.

Mary :earsboy:

Andy,
I'm certainly not an expert. This June will be our 1st trip staying at the Swan. We have enjoyed several other WDW resorts but DH has Starwood points and we need 2 rooms this trip. However, I was able to get the best rates by calling the hotel directly. The majority of our stay we have a 199 rate, the last night is 279. The reservation clerk said they were nearly sold out that night (June 13th). Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter