Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

Congratulations to Uchenna and Joyce. They did great with the obstacles they had to overcome. I agree there was something fishy, but have to say that it did make for a great race and finish.

We'll be watching Big Brother. Should start sometime in June.

TumFamily said:
I thought it seemed fixed too!! The flat tire, the airline tickets and that couple didnt even have any $$$$.

Wasn't it U&J who had the flat tire? R&A were the ones pulled over by the cop. Still, R&A seemed to always have to give up big leads as they waited for planes or for a destination to open up. Rob is some kind of competitor - love him or hate him you gotta respect that.

I too am glad U&J won - they deserve it because they are both such decent people. But I also think Rob and Amber are very decent people. Both couples stayed very calm during their mishaps (flat tire, police check). Rob has a very good attitude and he truly loves Amber and I wish them both the best.

So, I hope U&J can get their baby - the news said they have been having problems getting preg. so they will either do invitro or adoption. I wish them the best.

I am so glad Ron and Kelly are not together. They brought out the worst in each other. He deserves better. And she needs someone who can help her get a grip on life.

I am looking forward to Survivor finale on Sunday! Go Tom!!!

American Airlines! I could not believe they reopened that flight. :sad2: I absolutley feel the producers wanted to force a close finish, and just maybe were afraid of negative reactions if R&A did have a great lead since Rob didn't seem too popular with his resourcefulness amongst the viewers. :rolleyes1
Didn't you here one or two eliminated teams standing at the finish line cheering out loud let it be *Uchenna & Joyce*?
It was a great race overall, but by no means would it have been a close finish. Rob and Amber had them beat! Karma had nothing to do with it.....
And I was voting for Meredith and Gretchen anyway!! ;)

I hope on the next set, they fix the race so that people are not able to 'catch up' at points. Like U&J would have been blown out of the water if the one place in Jamaica was open when the other teams got there. I don't like that they all lose their lead because they everyone has an opportunity to catch up. So, instead of leaving at 2:47 in the morning, give them until everything is open.

I was VERY glad U&J won. I had been hoping so all along. They are very deserving of the win and played a great game.

Man, that was a great episode and I'm glad U&J won.
Buuut, it was fixed not necessarily so they could win but so it would be a close finish. I mean come on now, when the heck do you see the doors close and the runaway move away from the plane, that's it! I don't care if your child has been in an accident and you need to get home, they ain't opening that gate for nothing! And definitely not after 9/11.
The producers fixed that so it would be a closer race and more heart pounding, which it was. :goodvibes

Hey it worked out in the end that U&J won but all in all it was a good race, I'll be watching the next round. :cool1:

And I'll also be watching R&A's wedding special cause I liked them too, they played the race great :cheer2:

I do think it was fixed. Letting them on the plane was too much. I like Rob and Amber but they have won a lot of money so liked the winners but the fix was in. I think CBS should announce it was fixed and award the last three contenders quite a bit of money.
Sad they must fix things.

Connie

I cried when U and J won!! :cool1:
I don't care if it was fixed or not (don't think it was) but anything to keep R and A from winning! :rotfl:

I don't know about the "fixing" thing, but I, too, have been on a plane that has had the doors reopened for late passengers if the pilot allows. Don't any of you reality TV fans watch AIRLINE on A&E? They do it all the time for a number of reasons....usually it is because the people are kind and really really beg.

I used to travel a lot for work and our company used primarily American Airlines. I've had it both ways...spent many times watching the gangway pull away (I was on standby) and they refused to ask the pilot to let me on and then I've had other times where the gate attendants were kind, called the pilot and he agreed to let me on....and the gangway went back. That only happened to me twice...but I watched the plane pull away MANY times. They were just lucky that the gate attendant called the pilot and that the pilot agreed to let them on. I'm sure the gate attendant told the pilot there were cameras there, and he may he heard of the AR too.

It was a great show and the best part was how Uchenna refused the stiff the cabbie...that shows TRUE character and indicates that he's not of the "it's all about me" philosophy!

LiserAnn said:
It was a great show and the best part was how Uchenna refused the stiff the cabbie...that shows TRUE character and indicates that he's not of the "it's all about me" philosophy!

Exactly!! Rob sooo has the "it's all about me" attitude! I'm sure he would have stiffed the cabbie!

So glad U & J won! I don't think it was fixed. I have been on a plane more than once where they re-opened the door to let someone, or even more than one person on. Plus, we don't get to see what they edit out - going through security, etc...

They don't pay for the airline tickets themselves. Have you seen the $ they give the people at the beginning of each leg? That money wouldn't even come close to getting tickets last minute. They just edit all the little details out.

Still, it was a nail-biter and I enjoyed it to the end.

Heather :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: :earboy2: :earboy2:
Western May 2006
Disneyland Hotel 2002

newcruiser05 said:
I am looking forward to Survivor finale on Sunday! Go Tom!!!

You mean the self proclaimed mayor of Palau? :rotfl:
Go Ian!!
And, go Tana on Apprentice!
Big week for Reality TV. What are we going to do when it's all over?? LOL

Just wanted to clear up a couple of things from other posts.

According to the FAQ and rules from the CBS Amazing Race website contestants have a credit card that is to be used exclusively for airline tickets only. That's why the price doesn't matter on tickets at the last minute despite beign stripped of your cash.

Also, the rules state that contestants can not break any local laws. I imagine that stiffing a cab driver on the fare would constitue fraud or theft. I also don't think Uchenna and Joyce would have been the kind of people to run off on the cab driver anyway... they strike me as very honest and hard-working folks.

I have to say I was rooting for Rob and Amber, but was also happy Uchenna and Joyce won.... they played the race hard and overcame some tough breaks (no $$$, flat tire, etc.).

When it is all over, we'll talk about starting our own Survivor - Castaway Cay!!! I am in.

Glad U&J won, but it also seemed fixed to me. Still made for good tv. In the end we knew R&A wouldn't win, that would just make people mad, but I am sure they got more than what U&J got by televizing their wedding, and probably also getting the wedding all paid for. Still I like them, they truly played the game. Saw them on Morning News, and they brought it up that every couple fought to one extent or the other, and U&J and R&A never disagreed, that they were supportive of each other. Hope U&J have that baby that so much want and deserve. Good luck to them.

Survivor Sunday Finale, Go Ian... And of course Tana better be HIRED!!!

As much as I was rooting for Rob and Amber, I don't think it was fixed.

Aren't there stiff penalites for rigging a contest? Particularly using public airwaves? (After the Quiz Show Scandals). When I worked at a Boston radio station we were very very careful to make sure our contests were impartial.

If it ever got out (from the Pilot, or Gate Agent) that the Race was rigged, who would ever watch the show again? And those lucrative deals with Travelocity and other in-game sponsors would be gone. Travelocity could also sue (you associated our product with a dishonest hoax tarnishing our image).

We should also remember, with a film crew taping, gate agents may be more accomodating and helpful than normal.

I do think that in planning the next Race the producers need to put together a better last leg. Can you imagine how dull the last 40 minutes would have been if Rob and Amber made it to Miami alone??? They should have had one or two more steps in Miami to make the race close in case one team arrived in Miami two hours earlier.

U&J (again, glad they won) also lucked out with their cabbie. It appeared his native language was Spanish, so when he asked someone "Where is the King of Havannah's?" he literally asked "Donde esta el Rey de las Havannahs?" By asking in his own language, he inadvertantly asked for the exact name of the shop! It would have been stronger to make teams get dropped off at an intesection with a clue box, make them find the place on foot.

All in all, a great race overall.

They may not have rigged it, but producers could have played a large part in convincing the gate agents to call and then speaking to the pilot explaining the situation. They probably didn't plan on Rob being resourceful enough to talk his way onto that plane standby and then leave U&J standing there alone.

Sooooo excited that U & J won. And so nervous at the end - could not have been rigged - it was just too many turn of events. Plus the legal issues.

I have had a plane open the doors for me in the same way - put the ramp back out so I could board. Same thing - had a ticket (same airline, same destination), cleared security, plane was there but closed, agent calls out, and pilot says OK. My daughter was in a school musical I had to get to and the gate agent and very kind pilot took pity. I have also seen it done for others. Some pilots just like to do nice things now and then.

I have never seen the other contestants as happy when the winning team arrived as last night.

It's so strange that Rob & Amber's cabbie didn't speak Spansih! I live in Miami in the summer and have hardly encountered a person that doesn't speak Spanish there. Bad luck, I guess.

I couldn't say much last night since the show hadn't aired on the West coast. Any way, I wanted Rob and Amber to win but I knew they wouldn't. I do think that the camera crew or show had something to do with the plane being delayed. I am glad that Uchenna and Joyce won because I felt they played a good game but I think the show was concerned that Uchenna and Joyce never won any prizes even though they had come in first place during some of the races. Also, Rob and Amber would've had such a large lead, the show needed to do something! I will watch Rob and Amber's wedding when it is on television.

I think some people are just jealous because Rob is from Boston and they are still upset that the Red Sox beat the Yankees!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter