Sure are a lot of rules I didn't know about

Someday this will be a zombie thread and I have a special request of you tvguy: If you add a new post to the years old thread, I would consider it an honor:)
Those old threads come in handy especially for newer folks. Over on the Cruise Line Forum someone actually didn't believe Disney used to charge extra for soft drinks. Actually, those threads over the course of a couple of years are kind of an interesting study in how Disney finally caved in to public pressure to stop charging extra for soda.
And then there was the thread on whether they have olives on the ships....................

Park Nose-In.
I almost got nailed yesterday by a car coming out of an angled parking spot into a one way aisle, nose out. He was one of those 'drive through' parkers (I think that was the correct term) I presume (hoping he did not actually back in). I'm driving down the aisle, looking for a spot, he pulls right out in front me, not looking. My auto brakes slammed on, no accident. He just drove away, don't think he ever saw me. I then pulled into the space he just came out of, nose in.

I really enjoy reading through the wedding ones. I like seeing other people's perspectives on certain aspects of weddings as someone that has never been married (yet). I'm looking forward to reading the discussions on dry weddings, whether it's cheap to have a cash bar or not and if children should be allowed at weddings.
On social media there a lengthy thread on the "no children at weddings" subject.

I wasn't surprised there are basically two teams, one that doesn't want children at the wedding and one that wants children at the wedding.

What I was surprised was the majority were -

Team No Children - listed all the reasons why they didn't have or won't have children; disruption to ceremony, behavior at reception, wanting an adult evening out, open bar, semi-formal/formal, night time, COST etc. They acknowledge that they know some won't come and while sad, won't be mad. Agree that everyone should do what they want for their wedding.

Team Children - Weddings are about family and that includes all the children (family reunion :rolleyes:). Weddings without children are boring and why go? People who don't want children are mean haters and don't realize it's about their guest's experience. Very few were like, I want kids but it's fine if you don't.

On social media there a lengthy thread on the "no children at weddings" subject.

I wasn't surprised there are basically two teams, one that doesn't want children at the wedding and one that wants children at the wedding.

What I was surprised was the majority were -

Team No Children - listed all the reasons why they didn't have or won't have children; disruption to ceremony, behavior at reception, wanting an adult evening out, open bar, semi-formal/formal, night time, COST etc. They acknowledge that they know some won't come and while sad, won't be mad. Agree that everyone should do what they want for their wedding.

Team Children - Weddings are about family and that includes all the children (family reunion :rolleyes:). Weddings without children are boring and why go? People who don't want children are mean haters and don't realize it's about their guest's experience. Very few were like, I want kids but it's fine if you don't.
Oh yeah I see this discussion on Reddit and Twitter a lot. Personally I'm on team no children and when I do get married, I do plan on having a childfree wedding. I'm not looking forward to the pushback I'll get at all. I would also understand if people couldn't come because of it and wouldn't hold it against them. The people that insist on a childfree wedding AND get mad at parents that can't come confuse me to be honest.

I look forward to the eventual DIS thread on this though. If people can get riled up about whether you should wear a suit to someone's wedding or not, children at weddings will be a juicy one LOL

I really enjoy reading through the wedding ones. I like seeing other people's perspectives on certain aspects of weddings as someone that has never been married (yet). I'm looking forward to reading the discussions on dry weddings, whether it's cheap to have a cash bar or not and if children should be allowed at weddings.
Also:

- Money dance, yes or no
- Having a wedding on a holiday
- Is it ok to ask for money instead of a registry
- Are honeymoon registries ok

Then, if you decide to have kids, you can look forward to many mommy / daddy war topics, and also the most controversial topic of all time: Can you ask people to bring a book instead of a card, on a baby shower invite? 😂

I'm looking forward to reading the discussions on dry weddings

just use the excuse of 'it's a faith based decision' (but still make sure that your wedding registry includes a high end margarita maker, fancy corkscrew stand, wine diffuser and crystal liquor decanters/glassware). ::yes::::yes::::yes:: yup, been to those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter