Sure are a lot of rules I didn't know about

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
One thing I've learned here on the DIS over the years, there are a ton of rules in life...many of which I was not familiar. Rules about weddings, funerals, attire, parties, gifts, who pays for dinner, who sits where, is it ok to order the seafood tower appetizer,should I tip my neighbor who does a really nice job with his lawn, is it ok to change a diaper on someone's porch while waiting for them to come to the door, the list goes on and on. While I appreciate the opportunity to absorb the shared knowledge, I'm going to simplify my life by only going to WDW. I know the rules, and I have the perfect wardrobe for it. :earboy2:

One thing I've learned here on the DIS over the years, there are a ton of rules in life...many of which I was not familiar. Rules about weddings, funerals, attire, parties, gifts, who pays for dinner, who sits where, is it ok to order the seafood tower appetizer,should I tip my neighbor who does a really nice job with his lawn, is it ok to change a diaper on someone's porch while waiting for them to come to the door, the list goes on and on. While I appreciate the opportunity to absorb the shared knowledge, I'm going to simplify my life by only going to WDW. I know the rules, and I have the perfect wardrobe for it. :earboy2:
Don't forget how to park and whether to (if at all) return your grocery cart.

Here's a few more!
  • Keep Right Except to Pass
  • Zipper Merge in Traffic (that means take turns)
  • When stopping in a busy walking area (theme park, grocery store, etc.) please move to the side
  • Don't let your pet relieve themselves on others' property
  • If attending a party/gathering, always bring something as a gift or contribution appropriate to the event
  • When staying over as a guest at someone's house, keep your "living area" neat and tidy and offer to help clean up or prepare a meal, especially if you see others doing so
  • Hold the door open for people behind you when feasible and there are no security concerns
  • When cars stop for you while you cross a street or parking lot, give a little wave of "thanks" or a minor increase your speed to acknowledge they're waiting for you
  • Give a quick wave of "thanks" when someone lets you in front of them in traffic
  • Use headphones when listening to music, watching a show, or playing video games while in public or on an airplane/bus/train
  • Recognize when lines for something are organized as individual lines or if they're in a single serpentine "bank style" line and respect that. Most grocery stores and security checkpoints (except the airport) are individual lines. Things like banks, customs, airport security, and Kohls are usually "bank style." Other places like customer service desks, ticketing booths, etc. can be a toss up. It is very rude to "make your own line" when everyone else has clearly lined up in a single "bank style."

Here's a few more!
  • Keep Right Except to Pass
  • Zipper Merge in Traffic (that means take turns)
  • When stopping in a busy walking area (theme park, grocery store, etc.) please move to the side
  • Don't let your pet relieve themselves on others' property
  • If attending a party/gathering, always bring something as a gift or contribution appropriate to the event
  • When staying over as a guest at someone's house, keep your "living area" neat and tidy and offer to help clean up or prepare a meal, especially if you see others doing so
  • Hold the door open for people behind you when feasible and there are no security concerns
  • When cars stop for you while you cross a street or parking lot, give a little wave of "thanks" or a minor increase your speed to acknowledge they're waiting for you
  • Give a quick wave of "thanks" when someone lets you in front of them in traffic
  • Use headphones when listening to music, watching a show, or playing video games while in public or on an airplane/bus/train
  • Recognize when lines for something are organized as individual lines or if they're in a single serpentine "bank style" line and respect that. Most grocery stores and security checkpoints (except the airport) are individual lines. Things like banks, customs, airport security, and Kohls are usually "bank style." Other places like customer service desks, ticketing booths, etc. can be a toss up. It is very rude to "make your own line" when everyone else has clearly lined up in a single "bank style."
Nice list! I'd like to develop some arbitrary rules of my own:

At a wedding reception, no one seated at the bride's table shall wear a wristwatch. If you need to know the time, use an old school pocket watch tucked into your vest pocket.

At a wake, avoid serving cheetos or anything that leaves a cheesy residue on your fingers.

At a wedding or baby shower, at least one person must remark "Cute Paper!" as each gift is opened.

I may have more later;)

And Lord help you if you reply to a Zombie thread.
To some it's "Necromancer Posting". Reviving dead topics is heresy in some eyes. But with so much mind paid to "retro" and nostalgia, hey, we should allow a dead thread to come back and jiggle it's hips once in awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter