Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. I bought the tickets on Feb. 2nd, The website says I don't have a 'tiered' ticket, I have a "Peak, Regular, or Value" ticket. It sounds like I might just be able to hold onto the tickets and save them for next year?

They are multi-day tickets. Do they expire?

Sorry I guess I didn't understand the intricacies of the Disney ticketing system BEFORE all this. Now I am definitely lost.

The best plan to avoid confusion is to wait until official information is released from Disney about when they will open and what the situation will be at the parks. Until then it’s all speculation.

Once all the information is available you will be able to decide. It does mean that you might not know until the last minute, and if that’s too late, then it may be best to postpone to a later time.

Parks will be one of the later phases, more likely than not after mid-June.

I wouldn't worry about the ticket, they'll still honor it later. The worst is they'll ask for the difference between that ticket's cost and new pricing, but I suspect Disney will waive that for tickets dated during park closure.

Ok thanks. I bought the tickets on Feb. 2nd, The website says I don't have a 'tiered' ticket, I have a "Peak, Regular, or Value" ticket. It sounds like I might just be able to hold onto the tickets and save them for next year?

They are multi-day tickets. Do they expire?
Only one day tickets adhere to the peak/reg/value. If you have a one day ticket you can still only use it in the category you bought. If you have a multi-day ticket it will have an expiration date on it. If it’s after that date you can apply the value of the ticket towards a new ticket at a ticket booth.

So we have (4) 3 day passes with Maxpass that I purchased on Undercover Tourist. We were supposed to visit last month. I called DL CM today and asked about what if we can't come until 2021 (my husband is nervous to travel.) I know that if my tickets expire, I can use the monetary value toward new tickets. Is there a chance Disney would be nice and give us full value for the tickets seeing as they closed the park versus us cancelling? The price difference would be almost as much another ticket...

Is there a chance Disney would be nice and give us full value for the tickets seeing as they closed the park versus us cancelling?
Disney always applies the full expired value, not the discounted price you paid, towards your next set of tickets.

Ok thanks everyone for trying to help.

I know I got enough tickets for 4 days, but I can't remember if they are "multi-day passes" or just 4 sets of individual tickets I guess.

I will have to talk to the travel agent and see what they can help me figure out. It sounds like the consensus is that I should start planning for another vacation...

So we have (4) 3 day passes with Maxpass that I purchased on Undercover Tourist. We were supposed to visit last month. I called DL CM today and asked about what if we can't come until 2021 (my husband is nervous to travel.) I know that if my tickets expire, I can use the monetary value toward new tickets. Is there a chance Disney would be nice and give us full value for the tickets seeing as they closed the park versus us cancelling? The price difference would be almost as much another ticket...

What did the CM say? Did you ask them?

What did the CM say? Did you ask them?
She said we'd have to pay the difference and they can't change the expiration date on 3rd party tickets (which I understand.) Like someone says, if this drags on, then I hope it would change.

they can't change the expiration date on 3rd party tickets (which I understand.)
But, certainly they could change an expiration date at the ticket booth if they wanted too. Or they could develop a way to extend the expiration once a ticket is scanned into the app. It's not that Disney "can't", it's that they are choosing not to. Meanwhile they extend and refund APs, extend Canadian tickets, extend kid's promo tickets... etc. I just wish they'd give regular ticket holders the same courtesy.

Ok thanks everyone for trying to help.

I know I got enough tickets for 4 days, but I can't remember if they are "multi-day passes" or just 4 sets of individual tickets I guess.

I will have to talk to the travel agent and see what they can help me figure out. It sounds like the consensus is that I should start planning for another vacation...
I’m so sorry. We had a trip planned for March that my son was SO excited for. We had been planning and preparing for a year. It was heartbreak to tell him it wasn’t happening. We rebooked for August, but ended up cancelling that trip as well on the basis that even if (big if) Disney is open, the likely restrictions and reduced services due to COVID would make it not the trip we wanted. We don’t know when we will go at this point. Someday 🙂

I hope that you are able to reschedule for a better time and have the trip you’ve been dreaming of!

I personally support the mandatory wearing of masks at the theme parks, but I think that alone will drive down attendance. Disneyland and Legoland in particular are huge draws for families with young children. Even the most tolerant child aged 2 though probably 6 or 7 is going to have trouble keeping on a mask for more than an hour or two, and many young kids won’t wear them at all. My five year old lasts about 30-40 minutes. I would think that lots of families would not go because they don’t want to spend the whole time fighting with their kids about masks.

That’s us.... Legoland doesn’t get as hot, and I’d be ok with wearing a mask, but no way am I fighting my 4 year old. And the kids masks I’ve bought my 9 year old don’t even fit properly. We just won’t go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter