Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I had my husband call (on speakerphone) because I don’t like confrontation. I wasn’t planning any rudeness but was expecting to possibly be told no and my husband would have no problem pushing the issue but I would just say ok thanks bye lol

it was very simple, done within 5-10 mins of them answering the phone (one hour on hold). My husband just said that we had the Canadian tickets and had to cancel our trip so obviously can’t use them now and would like a refund. The CM immediately said just let me get my manager so we can approve it and put us back on a brief hold and she came back and told us it was done and to expect it to show up on the original method of payment in 1-2 billing cycles. According to my credit card statement online it was processed immediately and showed on my online account by Wednesday (Processing date was on the weekend).

I needed to find my email with my order number (started with DOLY), they would not take the ticket numbers to do it.

I don’t remember the option I chose. It had something to do with tickets. But the number I called was 1-714-520-5050.

Good luck! We had 4 tickets and if they were extended to May we wouldn’t be able to use them so the refund was very important to us. We also didn’t want to have that much money holding to apply in the future who knows when.

If I recall, I had original called the tickets number (this looks like vacation packages) and then I called this number after seeing a post on reddit about refunding vacation packages. However when I selected my option I’m pretty sure I got transferred back into the ticket line (when I chose an option it seemed to return me to the automated line I had been in previously if that makes sense). I remember being worried I had just extended my hold time by hanging up the first call lol.

Well, we decided to cancel. I just called the ticket line this afternoon and only waited about 10 mins.

The first agent said she could only "put in a 'request' to cancel". I asked why she couldn't just process it now? She said only a supervisor could do that. I asked if she could get approval from her manager to process it herself, as I'd heard others have done that. She said I'd have to speak to the supervisor myself and she could transfer me.

After the transfer, I was on hold for another 10 mins or so, and then the supervisor told me she couldn't immediately process the refund either, despite what the original agent said. But she can put in the "request". Lots of words like "apologies" and "unprecedented" and "exception" were used over and over again, but she wasn't really listening to me or answering my questions. She was actually speaking over me most of the time.

I asked: Why can't you process the refund yourself now? Does another department process all the refunds in batch? What does a "request" mean? Can it can be denied at a later date?

All that she could tell me is that the request would eventually go though by the time they open up in June (hmmmm), it just may take a while.

Ughhh. Even though she was less than pleasant, I was nice about it because I know what they must all be going though. But man, that was a rough conversation...

I got a reference number, so i guess now i wait we'll see how it goes....

Well, we decided to cancel. I just called the ticket line this afternoon and only waited about 10 mins.

The first agent said she could only "put in a 'request' to cancel". I asked why she couldn't just process it now? She said only a supervisor could do that. I asked if she could get approval from her manager to process it herself, as I'd heard others have done that. She said I'd have to speak to the supervisor myself and she could transfer me.

After the transfer, I was on hold for another 10 mins or so, and then the supervisor told me she couldn't immediately process the refund either, despite what the original agent said. But she can put in the "request". Lots of words like "apologies" and "unprecedented" and "exception" were used over and over again, but she wasn't really listening to me or answering my questions. She was actually speaking over me most of the time.

I asked: Why can't you process the refund yourself now? Does another department process all the refunds in batch? What does a "request" mean? Can it can be denied at a later date?

All that she could tell me is that the request would eventually go though by the time they open up in June (hmmmm), it just may take a while.

Ughhh. Even though she was less than pleasant, I was nice about it because I know what they must all be going though. But man, that was a rough conversation...

Sounds like a good time for me to call to extend our payment plan, last time I tried, it had a 60+ minute wait.

I was very surprised when it went so smoothly for us so probably was luck of the draw as to who we got on the phone. Hopefully since the request was at least put through you see it in a few days on your credit card 🤞🏻
If it doesn’t, it doesn’t hurt to call in and ask again with the reference number.
We were not given a reference number. When we asked she said it would just be the order number we gave her so I was a little nervous if it would go through or not but thankfully it did. I’m glad your hold wasn’t too long though!

How do you know they've been extended until May 2021? Is that written somewhere? And is that for all park hopper tickets? I purchased mine (six 5-day park hoppers) through LMTC and trying to decide what to do. I definitely can't go this year anymore...but the current expiration date on them says January 2021.

The Canadian Residents tickets have been extended to May 2021. Initially they were to expire in December 2020.

Just check your credit card for the refund In a few days. We were told it would take up to 2 months to process but it showed up as a refund 2-3 days later.

How do you know they've been extended until May 2021? Is that written somewhere? And is that for all park hopper tickets? I purchased mine (six 5-day park hoppers) through LMTC and trying to decide what to do. I definitely can't go this year anymore...but the current expiration date on them says January 2021.
This has already been mentioned by @Where's Wall-E and @dina444444 , but here is a link to the page that officially shows it on the Disney website https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/travel-information/ . Scroll down to the Theme Park ticket bullet and it is the 4th item bullet on the list. Sorry i tried to copy and paste the section but couldn't make it work.

Last edited:
The Canadian Residents tickets have been extended to May 2021. Initially they were to expire in December 2020.
This has already been mentioned by @Where's Wall-E and @dina444444 , but here is a link to the page that officially shows it on the Disney website https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/travel-information/ . Scroll down to the Theme Park ticket bullet and it is the 4th item bullet on the list. Sorry i tried to copy and paste the section but couldn't make it work.

Oh, okay...so this is just for the Canadian tickets? I'm in the US...so I guess this doesn't apply to me. Thanks for the info!

Oh, okay...so this is just for the Canadian tickets? I'm in the US...so I guess this doesn't apply to me. Thanks for the info!
Yes the tickets that are being mentioned in the post you had originally quoted are talking about the the special Canadian offer. You will have to do a bit more digging for your ticket type.
I did find this while doing a quick look:

Multi-Day Ticket
Multi-day tickets have different entitlements and validity dates. Please check the details of a particular multi-day ticket at time of purchase.

but I would think there would be more to it then just this. I am sure someone here has or is having the same experience so I am sure someone else will have a better answer for you. The other thing would be to phone Disney and talk to a CM about things, I know I have been on the phone a few times over the past 2 days dealing with aspects of our cancel trip.

Last edited:
I had completely forgotten about Star wars Celebration...quite surprised there is no mention of covid on there website at all. guess they are still waiting to see if they can make it work.

Ticketholders for Star Wars Celebration (including me) got emails yesterday with an update...that there would be an update in the next few weeks. We’re expecting it to be cancelled, they’re just waiting for the state of CA to force their hand in the matter. The email also said that, in the event of a postponemen/cancellation, ticketholders will have the option to get a full refund or the option to transfer their tickets to the new date.

I also have Disneyland After Dark Star Wars night tickets for that weekend, and I have no idea if I’ll be able to refund those or not if DL is actually open that week. Plus I have 2-day DL park hopper tickets that I got from the Plum Benefits site at work that expire in February...I’m hoping they’re flexible if the convention winds up being cancelled.

I also have Disneyland After Dark Star Wars night tickets for that weekend, and I have no idea if I’ll be able to refund those or not if DL is actually open that week. Plus I have 2-day DL park hopper tickets that I got from the Plum Benefits site at work that expire in February...I’m hoping they’re flexible if the convention winds up being cancelled.

DL won't refund Villains Night tickets, and the park was closed and there was no party on the scheduled date (April 30). They say they're going to reschedule. I seriously doubt that they will offer a refund for Star Wars Night either, whether or not the park is open.

DL won't refund Villains Night tickets, and the park was closed and there was no party on the scheduled date (April 30). They say they're going to reschedule. I seriously doubt that they will offer a refund for Star Wars Night either, whether or not the park is open.

Yeah, I’m expecting to get screwed on that one, unfortunately.

Just spoke to a CM who said villains night tickets aren’t being refunded but if you can’t make the rescheduled night, you can print out the email with your ticket and it can be traded in for a one day single park admission ticket. I’m satisfied with that. Also asked about the expiration date for normal tickets and she said January 2022? Not sure whether to take that as truth or not, either she’s behind on that information or they went back to honoring the extension without updating the website yet. I only had to wait 12 minutes so it wasn’t too bad this time around.
Yeah, I’m expecting to get screwed on that one, unfortunately.
See the post above for a possible solution. The above poster did not receive a refund for her Villains Nite ticket, but did get an offer for something else. So you might not lose out completely. Hang in there to see what Disney does about this.

See the post above for a possible solution. The above poster did not receive a refund for her Villains Nite ticket, but did get an offer for something else. So you might not lose out completely. Hang in there to see what Disney does about this.

Thanks! I was going to be in Anaheim for Star Wars Celebration, so the original timing was perfect. I’m from NJ, so the flight to CA is a pretty long trip. Hopefully it will all work out. I also have a WDW trip scheduled for July, we’re still not sure what’s happening with that yet either.

Strange that Disneyland wouldn't refund the special event tickets. Disney World is automatically refunding ticket holders for all after hours events during the closure.
DLR CMs have been saying that they've been told to wait until a rescheduled event date has been officially posted before offering refunds. But no new date has been posted yet for Villains Nite. At least now, it appears that CMs are able to offer something else in lieu of a refund. It's progress.

I also called to try for a refund on my villains night tickets. I was also told that they will not be offering refunds. The CM told me that we have to wait for a new date to be announced, & that will be announced AFTER Disneyland reopens, and at that time if we can not make the new date, then we can convert the ticket to a single day single park ticket. This works out for us, as we added extra days to our trip when we rescheduled, but being from New Jersey I can see how this could be less than ideal for others.

Hello,

I have been planning a Disneyland trip for my 2 kids for years. This year we had enough money to go, starting on June 15th and lasting for the whole week. We're staying with my brother-in-law who lives in Ventura.

All this COVID stuff is confusing to me. I look every day to see if Disneyland is open, and it is not. I heard that they are selling tickets starting for June 1st, so one could assume that they are planning on being open by then (I guess?)

If anyone here has some insider knowledge or really good guess as to what I should be doing, that would be helpful. My brother in law is telling me we should probably cancel and try again next year. But my kids are really REALLY about going, as we've been talking about this for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter