Super last minute waitlist. Do we have a chance?

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
We booked a super last minute trip to Disney. I mean like we decided yesterday and are going in under a week. We were able to get all of our dates except for 1. Theres a Tuesday in the middle that we're missing. We put in a waitlist for the one night but are struggling to fill it. There's currently nothing for that night via DVC. What are the chances a room might open up for that night?

Best chances would be SSR or Poly (assuming you are looking for a studio). Biggest resorts with the most rooms.

Best chances would be SSR or Poly (assuming you are looking for a studio). Biggest resorts with the most rooms.
We have a one night wait list for the Poly, that's where all our nights are except the Tuesday. Do you think we have any shot at something becoming available? We've never booked this late and honestly it's stressing me out a little

I would be surprised if something didn't open up at Poly, BUT I would not rely on the waitlist. Keep stalking the site. Something may open and the waitlist may not grab it before somebody else gets it.

We made a last minute trip last March (like 1 week after buying our points) and 3 nights at Poly opened.

Waitlist won’t match 7 days or less. So once you get to that, you will have to stalk and call because sometimes they can get you a night that isn’t on the website.

Yeah I know, which is why I'm getting a little nervous about it. I'm refreshing the search almost every 5 mins hoping something pops up. I called Member Services this morning but the CM was less than helpful. "We see what you see, our inventory is no different." Mate, I've been to this rodeo before I know first hand that you might have something that's not on the website.

I would be surprised if something didn't open up at Poly, BUT I would not rely on the waitlist. Keep stalking the site. Something may open and the waitlist may not grab it before somebody else gets it.

We made a last minute trip last March (like 1 week after buying our points) and 3 nights at Poly opened.

That gives me hope! Yeah that's what I figured. I'm lucky I'm working from home right now and can stalk the site basically all day. How often do people call when they go into full stalking mode with the site. I don't want to end up on some list with Disney but I also want to try and get my room. Haha.

If I were you, I would book something at Swan and Dolphin to have something for the one night. Double check the cancellation policy but many are 24-48 hours out. At least you would have something.

Single nights always pop up a few days out. If you look now a number of rooms have popped up for this coming week. Last minute cancellations always happen, plus I think each resort must keep a room or two out of inventory in case of emergencies (plumbing issues, things like that) and make them available at last minute if it looks like they won’t need it. Keep the faith! And keep stalking. Good luck!

Single nights always pop up a few days out. If you look now a number of rooms have popped up for this coming week. Last minute cancellations always happen, plus I think each resort must keep a room or two out of inventory in case of emergencies (plumbing issues, things like that) and make them available at last minute if it looks like they won’t need it. Keep the faith! And keep stalking. Good luck!

Good to know! I'll keep watching. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!