Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do the Magical Beginnings and Welcome Home
Promos apply to Aulani purchases? We are existing resale (grandfathered) holders but I would be tempted to add on direct if the price is right. Can someone help me out with the math for 150 points (or whatever the right number for most meaningful discount)?

I’m not certain, but I think Aulani has similar incentives. Maybe even a bit better than VGF?

AUL $217pp x 150 points is $33,550. You’d get these discounts:

-$3500 incentive on 150 pts
-$1085 credit for 5 ‘free’ points
-$3300 rebate to sell back 2022 points (must have Aug Use Year or later)
-$1500 if you have a trip* already booked (we just had to give our checkout day)

Total = $9,385 in savings. That brings the price to $24,165 for 150 points. Plus closing costs and dues. I saved another $200 waiving title insurance, which I’d never do with resale but felt there is little risk with direct.

You should definitely call your guide. We broke ours out into 4 payments of around $7k each. The 4th and final payment is due Sept 2, then after we close we’ll get that $3300 rebate for selling back 2022 points (check should come early-mid Oct). So we’re just charging each payment to get points and miles, will pay it off each month, then rinse and repeat.

eta - *trip = any Disney stay, even a cruise counts. You could book 1 night at Pop (and probably cancel later lol, but I didn’t say that ;))

If youre considering Aulani points I would strongly recommend resale purchase. The cost savings are substantial.
That’s a good point, especially since they are already grandfathered in to blue card type benfits.

I guess the biggest difference is that these new points (if purchased resale) wouldn’t be valid to book new resorts like RIV, VDL, etc. Matters to some, doesn’t matter to thers.

Promos apply to Aulani purchases? We are existing resale (grandfathered) holders but I would be tempted to add on direct if the price is right. Can someone help me out with the math for 150 points (or whatever the right number for most meaningful discount)?
I hope this helps. The Magical Beginnings is an additional $22 per point rebate in addition to everything you will find here;
Summer Incentives Aulani

Could you not just do one this month and one next? I’m new to this so might have it completely wrong!
That's the plan, well maybe not a month but space them out enough to make it clear that we're not splitting a larger contract. They could still limit it to one per reservation or something like that. Still waiting to hear back about it from our guide. He had trouble understanding what we were saying as far as it being two separate contracts vs splitting a bigger one (I also had to inform him that the incentives were better for two 200 points vs one 400 point contract).

Use another family member's name to buy the other one, then do a gift transfer to add names later?
That's a strategy but I think that would be tough to get existing member pricing for a family member (we don't have any DVC family). We're not going to go crazy with it. We just might only get the one contract for now if we don't get the Welcome Home discount on all of them.

I’m not certain, but I think Aulani has similar incentives. Maybe even a bit better than VGF?

AUL $217pp x 150 points is $33,550. You’d get these discounts:

-$3500 incentive on 150 pts
-$1085 credit for 5 ‘free’ points
-$3300 rebate to sell back 2022 points (must have Aug Use Year or later)
-$1500 if you have a trip* already booked (we just had to give our checkout day)

Total = $9,385 in savings. That brings the price to $24,165 for 150 points. Plus closing costs and dues. I saved another $200 waiving title insurance, which I’d never do with resale but felt there is little risk with direct.

You should definitely call your guide. We broke ours out into 4 payments of around $7k each. The 4th and final payment is due Sept 2, then after we close we’ll get that $3300 rebate for selling back 2022 points (check should come early-mid Oct). So we’re just charging each payment to get points and miles, will pay it off each month, then rinse and repeat.

eta - *trip = any Disney stay, even a cruise counts. You could book 1 night at Pop (and probably cancel later lol, but I didn’t say that ;))
Depends on how much you want a blue card. Aulani resale is really cheap (I just passed ROFR with a loaded AUL at 83/pp).

Depends on how much you want a blue card. Aulani resale is really cheap (I just passed ROFR with a loaded AUL at 83/pp).
They are already grandfathered.

So I guess the biggest difference in paying the higher price for Aulani direct is being able to use those points anywhere (at 7 months), including future resorts.

They are already grandfathered.

So I guess the biggest difference in paying the higher price for Aulani direct is being able to use those points anywhere (at 7 months), including future resorts.
What do you mean already grandfathered?

What do you mean already grandfathered?
There are different ways DVC owners can be ‘grandfathered’ into full blue card benefits.

Any resale purchased before April 2016 was no different than direct - everything carried over.

Direct purchases for blue card also changed over the years. In 2016 when they changed resale, they started with a 25pt minimum for direct benefits. That kept increasing over the years, from 25 to 50 to 75… to 150 pts today.

So it is possible to be a blue card holder just with a pre 2016 resale contract, or only owning 50 pts direct depending what year that was purchased.

It seems like this round of incentives is really working for Disney. I noticed www.fidelityrealestate.com a few Saratoga Springs contracts dropped this morning. I wonder how many people are selling resale to buy direct.
That's the plan for us. We're basically trading a mix unrestricted/restricted white card points for all unrestricted blue card points at a more preferable resort with 4 extra years. It won't be a wash $$$-wise but the cost to upgrade seems worth it for us with these incentives.

Does anyone have the military incentives chart for VGF and VDH or know how to access them on DVCexplorer?

Thank you for sharing!

My Guide mentioned this new discount as part of our rewrite opportunity, but didn't explain it. She said I needed a trip booked to apply it (no problem). Also said this would take the place of the Disney Visa credit ($1250) from the last contract.

After the buyback incentive, recent promotion and $1000 gift card, we paid about $168 a point direct at VGF as a first time purchase. I just listened to a DVC podcast that is heavily sponsored by the DVC resale group and the podcast hosts were trashing the offer pretty badly but not discussing the actual math.

$168 a point for 220 points at VGF is a great deal direct and even competitive with resale it seems.

I’m curious what more Disney is going to do to try and squash resales in the future.

I’m in the cruise and the guide is telling me that incentives are only valid here.

Then would like to confirm pls with the info you have if there is really anything extra in the cruise to sign it already instead of waiting until Sept (trying to be within the 10d in case that next incentives are better)

Add on existent contract - Grand Floridian, UY Dec, 150pts, considering the developer credit, the extra points, the extra $1500 credit and magical beginnings, price per point ends up in $161.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter