Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anybody had any luck in getting a VGF contract with a different UY than they currently have? We want an Aug UY, but they are saying can only do a UY we already have.
We were told multiple times it wouldn't be a problem getting a new use year to take advantage of Magical Beginnings on the 2022 points and still get current member pricing. Haven't seen anything in writing yet as we're still trying to decide on number of points.

We were told multiple times it wouldn't be a problem getting a new use year to take advantage of Magical Beginnings on the 2022 points and still get current member pricing. Haven't seen anything in writing yet as we're still trying to decide on number of points.
Did you talk with a guide? Mind sharing their info?

Thinking of doing vgf while on vacation this week for 2 100 pt contracts. Has anyone seen vgf direct for less than this (166 ish) in recent years?

I believe RIV has a $2,500 incentive and VGF is $3,500 (1 out of 4 incentives total) so RIV is +$1000

We just bought VGF. These are our exact costs:

June 5 - $6,990
July 5 - $6,990
Aug 5 - $6,990
Sept 2 - $6,991.70

Total including all closing costs etc $27,961.70* and then we’ll get a $3,300 rebate back in Oct

Grand Total $24,661.70

150 pts Sept UY - paid $164.41 per point

Payments made on credit card getting about 2% back, brings it down to ~$24k

$161.11 total per point = 41yrs x $3.66pp

$3.66 + $7.33 dues = $11 cost per point per year

*We also saved $200 by waiving title insurance.
Would you mind detailing your closing costs and declining title insurance? Here is the cost breakdown from my guide, but I wind up ~$187 more than you. I suspect that is the title insurance. I asked my guide about declining title insurance in an email, and she said "We do not have a title insurance part of the closing cost that you can decline. Its two parts doc prep fee and closing cost. You have to pay for it all."

Price
$217​
Subtotal
$32,550
Developer offer
($3,585)​
Welcome home
($1,500)​
Total
$27,465
Closing costs
$684​
Magical beginnings
($3,300)​
Grand total
$24,849

I asked my guide about declining title insurance in an email, and she said "We do not have a title insurance part of the closing cost that you can decline. Its two parts doc prep fee and closing cost.
You can absolutely decline! I've declined title insurance on my small VGF add on. The guide unticks a little check box, he showed me. Then you sign an election not to purchase title insurance page.

It's also in the contract:

"PURCHASER shall pay the cost of recording the deed, a document preparation fee, the Florida documentary stamp tax
due on the deed, and, unless PURCHASER elects not to purchase an owner’s title insurance policy by providing written notice to DVD prior to Closing, the costs for an owner's title insurance policy (collectively, PURCHASER’S ‘Closing Costs’)"

... they also gave me the title insurance I didn't pay for. So.. yeh. Lol.

You can absolutely decline! I've declined title insurance on my small VGF add on. The guide unticks a little check box, he showed me. Then you sign an election not to purchase title insurance page.

It's also in the contract:

"PURCHASER shall pay the cost of recording the deed, a document preparation fee, the Florida documentary stamp tax
due on the deed, and, unless PURCHASER elects not to purchase an owner’s title insurance policy by providing written notice to DVD prior to Closing, the costs for an owner's title insurance policy (collectively, PURCHASER’S ‘Closing Costs’)"

... they also gave me the title insurance I didn't pay for. So.. yeh. Lol.
Thank you! I've asked her about it twice and she's given the same answer both times. I'm going to send her the above language from the contract and see what she says.

She's also told me twice that I can't extend payments over 90 days. I like her, but am frustrated with some of her answers.

Thank you! I've asked her about it twice and she's given the same answer both times. I'm going to send her the above language from the contract and see what she says.

She's also told me twice that I can't extend payments over 90 days. I like her, but am frustrated with some of her answers.
I find that some guides are not always very knowledgeable. When I purchased Riviera in 2019, I was giving the guide instructions about gauranteed weeks and discounts. If you'd prefer, you can request a more knowledgeable guide.

My guide gave me a total over the phone: $28,149.15

When I asked about waiving the title insurance, he said he was aware of it but I was the first client ever to ask him. The new total was: $27,961.70 (eta- these totals are before 2022 points rebate $3300)

Title Insurance was a difference of — $187.45 —

About spreading the payments- I’ve heard some guides need approval?

Last edited:
Has anybody had any luck in getting a VGF contract with a different UY than they currently have? We want an Aug UY, but they are saying can only do a UY we already have.
I haven't tried but you can get any UY you want. When we bought Riviera we originally wanted to match our BLT UY but then realized we wouldn't get 2019 points and would be borrowing from the get go. No thank you!
Thinking of doing vgf while on vacation this week for 2 100 pt contracts. Has anyone seen vgf direct for less than this (166 ish) in recent years?
no, and even Riviera when we bought in 2019 was only around 166ish. Also when you get 2x100 contracts your price per point should drop down to around $161 because you should be getting the credits at the $200 point level.

We had only BLT Feb UY but got them to approve special exception for October UY at VGF on Tuesday (150 points). They initially said they were only selling FEB. I asked for AUG or OCT and made it a condition of saying yes. The guide said they could only get OCT approved. I was happy, contracts are signed, membership card is updated, and points are waiting to be used.

Would you mind detailing your closing costs and declining title insurance? Here is the cost breakdown from my guide, but I wind up ~$187 more than you. I suspect that is the title insurance. I asked my guide about declining title insurance in an email, and she said "We do not have a title insurance part of the closing cost that you can decline. Its two parts doc prep fee and closing cost. You have to pay for it all."

Price
$217​
Subtotal
$32,550
Developer offer
($3,585)​
Welcome home
($1,500)​
Total
$27,465
Closing costs
$684​
Magical beginnings
($3,300)​
Grand total
$24,849
Are you financing or paying cash? Financing closing costs are a little higher than cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter