Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also intrigued about this pricing!

Unfortunately, the timing is bad since our use year is June... Does anyone know if you can get these existing owner incentives if you are willing to work with a different use year - say December of March?

Many of you know I’ve been generally pessimistic about pricing trends for DVC (despite acquiring 426 points since the new year, lol)— so I felt obligated to report that (as a financial markets nerd) I read that all 3 major credit card companies are still seeing extremely strong travel and entertainment spending, which they anticipate will remain strong through the rest of the year. I still think resale DVC is plateauing and claiming that prices are rising anywhere other than VGC is questionable at best…but my current thinking is that the giant resale players are going to try to support prices around current levels (either wisely or foolishly) as long as they can rent points fairly easily, in hopes Disney will eventually fire up the ROFR monster again.

So basically, I enthusiastically endorse getting VGF direct around 160/pt!

I don’t know if it helps those of you who are already APs, but we tend to spend a lot on food, beverage, and souvenirs, and I think we saved a few hundred on a short trip this spring just asking for DVC discounts…so if the price per point difference is hovering around $10/pt (and you aren’t already able to get other F&B discounts), you can make up the difference in a few trips of eating, drinking, and pin trading.

That’s great! Does your guide say specifically that after the first payment, your membership will show up as DVC-Y? I’m wondering how long this will take so that we can use the discount and lounge at Disneyland in July.
Mine showed up a day after I purchased. It originally showed up as ND for my resale contract, then changed to Y.

I still think resale DVC is plateauing and claiming that prices are rising anywhere other than VGC is questionable at best…but my current thinking is that the giant resale players are going to try to support prices around current levels (either wisely or foolishly) as long as they can rent points fairly easily, in hopes Disney will eventually fire up the ROFR monster again.

So basically, I enthusiastically endorse getting VGF direct around 160/pt!
Could not agree with you more... a couple of thoughts here....
1. I hope Disney starts going after these companies that are in essence holding companies for lots of points. That to me seems against the terms of service. My issue is not that they rent out points, my issue is the reservations they hold and prevent others from getting what they would like.

2. If you're looking for VGF, or want a monorail resort guaranteed when you stay at the least, it seems to me VGF direct is the way to go right now. From what I can tell, the board sponsor, right now, doesn't have a single listing priced as attractively as the DVC direct pricing for VGF. If you don't care about location, and you are under 40, and are quite certain you will never sell, Riviera, despite the resale restrictions, is very attractive as well.

3. There are still some sweet spots in the resale system. For example, at the right price, Aulani looks particularly attractive on that front if you imagine you'll go to Hawaii with regularity and/or don't care where you stay, but just want to be on Property. (Don't talk to me about probate... I'll be dead!)

Also intrigued about this pricing!

Unfortunately, the timing is bad since our use year is June... Does anyone know if you can get these existing owner incentives if you are willing to work with a different use year - say December of March?
Yes. I’m June as well and contemplating December and that’s fine.

Same boat- we have Feb and Mar use years but are thinking of doing Sep to use primarily for Food and Wine.

Goodmorning! Calling our guide today :sunny:

I think we’re ready to become Direct members. We own a smaller BW resale contract. Looking to add on 150 at GFV.

I’m trying to see how the math down to $161pp works.

GFV is $217 per point. Existing member incentives on a 150 point contract:

$32,550 = $217 x 150

-$1,085 Free 5 points credit

$31,465

-$2,500 Existing member incentive

$28,965

-$3,300 Rebate - Sell back 2022 Sept UY points

$25,665

-$1,500 Welcome Home discount for existing members with future booking (we have Dec ‘23 stay)

$24,165/150pts = $161.10 per point

Of course there’s closing costs and first year dues. Hopefully GFV dues stay on the less than average side.

I want to be prepared before reaching out to our guide and make sure I’m understanding correctly.

Edit - math off by $20 (thanks Jamie)

Last edited:

I think we’re ready to become Direct members. We own a smaller BW resale contract. Looking to add on 150 at GFV.

$32,550 = $217 x 150

$31,485

$28,985

$25,685

-$1,500 Welcome Home discount for existing members with future booking (we have Dec ‘23 stay)

$24,185/150pts = $161.25 per point

Of course there’s closing costs and first year dues. Hopefully GFV dues stay on the less than average side.

I want to be prepared before reaching out to our guide and make sure I’m understanding correctly.
I believe you are correct. First year dues are prorated, so you are not paying for the whole year.

$32,550 = $217 x 150

$31,485

$28,985

$25,685

That math looks correct to me. Closing costs are added on and you should be at your #s.

Of course with the MB promo, if you're splitting up your payments (30/60/90) then they don't mail out the rebate check until around 4 weeks after closing (final payment). So you'll have to pay that portion before you get it returned.

Yes. I’m June as well and contemplating December and that’s fine.

Including the Welcome Home promo? So the June account can have a planned trip and they will sell you a Dec UY with new account number?

Also - any idea on how long the Magical Beginnings promo will last? Is there advance warning as to when that might end? If it stops, would there honor it if you already had ongoing talks with a guide?

$32,550 = $217 x 150

$31,485

$28,985

$25,685

Just for accuracy's sake, you're off by $20. $32550 - $1085 = $31465, not $31485. Points are $161.10 per point.

I believe you are correct. First year dues are prorated, so you are not paying for the whole year.

That math looks correct to me. Closing costs are added on and you should be at your #s.

Of course with the MB promo, if you're splitting up your payments (30/60/90) then they don't mail out the rebate check until around 4 weeks after closing (final payment). So you'll have to pay that portion before you get it returned.
Thank you both. The timing worked well since we were pretty close to buying either Poly or VGF resale.

Could not agree with you more... a couple of thoughts here....
1. I hope Disney starts going after these companies that are in essence holding companies for lots of points. That to me seems against the terms of service. My issue is not that they rent out points, my issue is the reservations they hold and prevent others from getting what they would like.

2. If you're looking for VGF, or want a monorail resort guaranteed when you stay at the least, it seems to me VGF direct is the way to go right now. From what I can tell, the board sponsor, right now, doesn't have a single listing priced as attractively as the DVC direct pricing for VGF. If you don't care about location, and you are under 40, and are quite certain you will never sell, Riviera, despite the resale restrictions, is very attractive as well.

3. There are still some sweet spots in the resale system. For example, at the right price, Aulani looks particularly attractive on that front if you imagine you'll go to Hawaii with regularity and/or don't care where you stay, but just want to be on Property. (Don't talk to me about probate... I'll be dead!)

I know it’s a touchy subject but Since our system is built on a first come first serve basis there is nothing they can do to stop any owner from holding as many reservations as they want at one time, especially if they are not rentals

The 8000 point limit over all memberships is what is there to prevent mega holding by anyone, including corporations

Closing costs on our 150 point contract were $819

Including the Welcome Home promo? So the June account can have a planned trip and they will sell you a Dec UY with new account number?

Also - any idea on how long the Magical Beginnings promo will last? Is there advance warning as to when that might end? If it stops, would there honor it if you already had ongoing talks with a guide?

Yes, we currently have June UY as well. Our guide said that it needs approval to get Dec UY points, and it depends on availability which may sell out if not buying soon.

The MB offer does not have an end date and someone else on this board mentioned that their guide said it might change at any time without notice. I don’t know if they will honor the price, hopefully they do.

Yes, we currently have June UY as well. Our guide said that it needs approval to get Dec UY points, and it depends on availability which may sell out if not buying soon.

The MB offer does not have an end date and someone else on this board mentioned that their guide said it might change at any time without notice. I don’t know if they will honor the price, hopefully they do.

Not sure how much of what guides say is intended to induce a sense of urgency vs half-truth. In my limited experience with DVC they seem a lot more truthful than salespeople at Marriott, but they are still timeshare salespeople. I'd be more concerned with MB going away without notice vs the Dec (or any other) UY selling out anytime soon.

Based on a recent dvcnews article (for some reason I cannot insert the link) they are selling 55,000-60,000 points a month at VGF and have about 700,000 left to sell as of the end of April. So, at they will sell out the resort by next Spring. I doubt any individual UY will sell out that far ahead of time.

Is the Welcome Home discount limited to one per person? We were looking at getting 2 200 point contracts and it would be sweet if we could get $1500 off each one. Actually, if applied multiple times, I might even increase to 3 150 point contracts at these prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter